Ultimate Matrix

I like the Matrix movies, but I doubt I'll get the big ultimate set. I was hoping for commentary tracks by the directors or at least something from the ever-entertaining producer Joel Silver. But the tracks consist of nothing but critics and I've heard enough "bitch tracks" on DVDs before to know they are worthless.

Still, the added features may be worht the expense, as they are more extensive than the features on my current set of DVDs. If it's not too much, I may pick this up along with the third season of 24.

Oh yeah, the Matrix movies were awesome :)

ok, how many different versions are there of this boxset?

They're tieing up with Lord of the Rings and Robotech :p

My honest opinion, while the Matrix had a decent story and fantastic FX which got too heavily used by other movies.....I don't wanna watch 35+ hours of movie content :( its a waste of movie, I mean hell I'd like to have a DVD of some real good movie without there being another disc on the making.....I don't really care....it becomes boring after a bit of time that you just shut it off and never glance back.

ok, how many different versions are there of this boxset?

Just 2 versions - the regular version comes in a regular box featuring green text on black background. On sale for $52.99 at Best Buy until Saturday. The super duper deluxe limited edition does without the nice packaging but places the disc in a see-thru plastic cube, which also houses a Neo bust figure, plus a "collector's book(let)". That one's like a hundred bucks, not really worth the dough IMHO.

I'd like to know as well, considering it was Cameron who said he had a dream of the Terminator as it appeared in the final scenes chasing after him while fallen very ill while secretly editing a film in Europe that he got fired from.

doh... I have to register just to find out what it had to do with Terminator...

2.5 Billiion dollars??? That's insane!

She gets a share of the 2.5 billion in profits made. Not the whole 2.5 billion.

Just to be clear on that, in case you were thinking of it that way. :p

I liked the movies... but I don't need the super duper version of it...

Well, I never got any of the other DVDs (except Animatrix) cuz I was waiting for this set. I told you I only buy stuff on DVD once and that's it.

doh... I have to register just to find out what it had to do with Terminator...

2.5 Billiion dollars??? That's insane!

She gets a share of the 2.5 billion in profits made. Not the whole 2.5 billion.

Just to be clear on that, in case you were thinking of it that way. :p

I was... but I couldn't get back to the article to make sure I read correctly, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was also wondering about the isolated score. It would be sweet if it was a featured added to the other films. I was also wondering if the teasers/trailers were added to any of the discs-I'm not lazy, but I'd rather pop a disc into my DVD player than have to download the trailer from the official site. And what about the commentary. is it decent, or on a level as low as the commentary on "Resident Evil". God, the Michelle Rodriguez and Milla Jojovich commentary track on that film made the "How High" commentary by Tical (Meth) and Doc (Red) seem insightful.

Sorry about the tangent. Anyway, isolated score, commentary, trailers. Are they in the package? If so, I'll spend the 100 bucks for the 10-disc set with the bust, scriptbooks and art booklet. I can always sell my old copies of the trilogy and the Animatrix. I'm only now beginning to slightly understand the mindset one must be in to fully appreciate the trilogy. With that being said, I'll stop typing now and make way for my reply to be quoted and bashed by the Matrix Haters on this board.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got the big set (with bust) for Christmas......unless you really like the odd-looking sculpt of Neo, there's no reason to get the deluxe version of the set; the booklet has pretty pictures and lists what's on the discs, but the box is WAY too big, and I think only the online Warner Bros. store gives the scripts when you buy from their site.

Discs themselves (I'm only hitting highlights that were mentioned by Yang)

-NO isolated scores for any of the films :angry: , however there is a 10-minute feature on the Revolutions score that's pretty nice

-MASSIVE loads of documentaries with nothing left out

-All the trailers/teasers are on here, along with the Enter the Matrix game footage

-There are two commentaries for each movie (losing the Carrie-Anne Moss one from The Matrix):

One by 2 philosophers who positively worship the movies and overanalyze EVERYTHING (who knew there were deep philosophical undertones in the Chateau fight?)

The other is by movie critics who are MUCH easier on the ears. They talk about what works, and what doesn't (in Reloaded, quite a bit), and seem to have some fun, unlike the kiss-arse fest the other track is.

Overall, it's a good buy for fans of the movies who don't have the individual discs, but get the cheaper version.

My friend purchased the set for me as a Christmas gift, so I guess I won't have to bother. Luckily, he purchased the green box set for me (the one that comes in the vertical, green Matrix code) so I'm spared the overly large plastic set and the silly looking Neo bust. There are some things I prefer not to have in my room :)

Haven't had a chance to go over the DVDs, but I'm kinda at a loss at what to do with all my other Matrix films, since I already own all three original DVD releases and the Animatrix.

One thing I like very much so far; the packaging for the green box set rocks. Very simplistic and easy to use. No annoying DVD folders that you have to put on the floor just to open properly. Each pair of discs (one feature film disc and one special features disc) is in a single, half-fold sleeve and both discs are on a single side (one disc laid on the underside and the other lower on the page fold half overlay; a very cool design!). I'll definitely be watching all these soon.

I got it as a Christmas gift. Fortunately, I read on The Digital Bits about this set coming out so held off on getting Reloaded or Revolutions on their individual DVD releases.

Pretty bad ass set IMO. I had borrowed Animatrix from a friend and gave it back so am glad to have everything in one box. First movie's transfer is noticibly improved, amongst the other goodies.

and I think only the online Warner Bros. store gives the scripts when you buy from their site.

actually i saw a 30 minute ad for the set on TV...

call this number 1-800-826-6468 and place an order. you get everything(all 10 discs plus all 3 scripts) for 3 easy payments of 19.95 plus S/H. :p

and no, i have no intention of buying this.