Macross Mecha Depicted in non-Macross Series

wolframbane

What the heck is that from?

It's an episode of the Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians. The title was called "Ghost Ship".

Synopsis:

While being chased by Darkseid in a region of space with a orange sun(whose rays cut Superman's power in half), Superman, Firestorm, and Cyborg find a desserted ship. In the ship they discover a ghostly female who believes they're intruders. She tries to kill them but stops when she realizes who Superman is. She tells the heroes that she is a princess who is the last survivvor of her people. Her race were miniturized into a pendant she wears around her neck. The ship will deliver them to a planet that they could repopulate but the ship is off course.

Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians? WTF is that? Was it an 80's attempt to make what they are now doing with Justice league or just a rename of the old JLA/SUper Friends? Interesting that the ship has the SDF-1 bridge section and all of the race was minaturized, hmm, oh my god it's a true macross crossover those people are the Protoculture!!!!

Please ignore me right now I have a cold and evil blind drunk monkeys are telling me what to type.

Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians? WTF is that? Was it an 80's attempt to make what they are now doing with Justice league or just a rename of the old JLA/SUper Friends? Interesting that the ship has the SDF-1 bridge section and all of the race was minaturized, hmm, oh my god it's a true macross crossover those people are the Protoculture!!!!

Please ignore me right now I have a cold and evil blind drunk monkeys are telling me what to type.

Actually, HB renamed the Super-Friends to the Super Powers Team to coincide with the Super Powers toy line. I think the reason why the Macross appeared because a Korean anime house did the intitial animation.

As for those monkeys, I forgive you. They appear every time I drink a pint of Guiness warm. Remember kiddies, always drink your Guiness Stout cold!

:lol::lol: i have never seen anything from space gundam, are there any real gundams in it? or is the Vf the main mech and refered to as a gundam through out the series?

edit: i just realized that it is called "Gandam" with the letter "A", not "Gundam". is there any connection to the series???

"Gundam" is pronounced "Gandam" (at least using the "a" sound as it is used in Japanese and various European languages). So yeah, they named it that to cash in on Gundam.

I'd heard of the "Space Gandam" knockoffs, but I had no idea there was an anime. I'd love to see it. :)

The was a VF-1 briefly seen in the animated series 'Home Movies' by Brendan Small.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0197159/

In a second season episode, the characters participate in a renaissance fair, but Trekkies from a nearby sci fi convention crash the party, and mayhem breaks loose as its Dwarves vs Borg vs Volton vs Merlin!!! It was hilarious!!! During the fight scene near the end, just as the camera faded into the next scene, a Valkyrie was seen in Gerwalk mode.

post-2-1108096105.jpg

Wow, I hope to god that they have a miracle inker; that sketch is all sorts of rushed. Why does that chick holding the Gallant only have three fingers on her right hand? And what's wrong with the Igaas' claws? They look too bulbous.

EDIT: Good God, is that Yellow?

Edited by Ed.Coli

Here is a preproduction sketch of Robotech Invasion #5 by WildStorm Comics. Check out the YF-19 underneath the Alpha.

HG can't use Macross design for robotek without permission right? Didn't Big West say anything for this?. :angry:

Thats probably the reason why they end up not using it on the final cover. :p

Here is a preproduction sketch of Robotech Invasion #5 by WildStorm Comics. Check out the YF-19 underneath the Alpha.

HG can't use Macross design for robotek without permission right? Didn't Big West say anything for this?. :angry:

It was never intended to be ont he cover as it was.

Since it's been mentioned here:

I live in So. Cal and twice I've seen the same dark blue Celica with a huge VF-1A from DYRL on it, with a veritech logo. Once I saw it near my school in Riverside, CA (maybe the guy went to UCR, like me?) and another time I saw it in Pasadena, in Old Town. I wanted to leave a note on his car saying, "COOL" or "HURRAY" but my girlfriend told me to stop embarrassing her.

:lol:

I wanted to leave a note on his car saying, "COOL" or "HURRAY" but my girlfriend told me to stop embarrassing her.

:lol:

Oh man, is your girlfriend a Robotech fan or something? <_<

;):lol:

lol, no but my public display of excitement over seeing that car may have been too much geek for her

:D

I think that sketch was sent in as sample work by a hopeful artist... it was not inhouse work for production....

sides, that Yf-19 is a trace job.

I think that sketch was sent in as sample work by a hopeful artist... it was not inhouse work for production....

sides, that Yf-19 is a trace job.

Uhhmm no. The Figure artist is Tak Miyazawa who works for marvel and does Mary Jane, Xmen ect. This was a preproduction sketch. He is one of the better new artists out there today. He didn't do the mechanical drawings on the page though... that was done by someone else.