The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

Kevin (VE) and Tanim (TMP) are good reputable dealers you may have to look up the Straightshooters list for their member names. I believe Tanim is TwinMoons and Kevin of course Valkyrie Exchange. In regards to the public dealing with TwinMoons I've dealt with Tanim and has never disappointed me in fact all the stuff that I've recieved so far has very little shelf-wear on the box and he packs his stuff with styrofoam peanuts. Kevin does an outstanding job as well. I got my Escaflownes from him without a scratch.

I've only done business with Kevin, and thus far it has been an excellent experience.

As for Graham's umbrage; Do whatcha' gotta' G-Dawg!

YF-19 looks nice. Doesn't seem to be painted, looks like the parts are molded in cream and black, which is good. that means less painting for those that are artistically-challenged  :p .

A few minor gripes though. At first glance it looks like it there is no way to attach the gunpod in fighter mode. Also, the feet do not close properly in fighter mode. Still, can't expect too much in only 1/100 scale. I do like how they have handled the front landing gear and the toy seems pretty poseable with no parts removale or swapping required. Might have to see if I can get one of these from Wonder Fest.

I've heard that this YF-19 will be sold as a "completed resin model". I assume this means it will be finished like the kits SHE currently sells. Even better for those artistically challenged.

Carl

I was wondering about that as the name seemed to imply it would be sold as a completed item. Gonna have to try to score two I think. Let's hope the producion run is a decent size and the cost is not too high.

Graham

YF-19 looks nice. Doesn't seem to be painted, looks like the parts are molded in cream and black, which is good. that means less painting for those that are artistically-challenged  :p .

A few minor gripes though. At first glance it looks like it there is no way to attach the gunpod in fighter mode. Also, the feet do not close properly in fighter mode. Still, can't expect too much in only 1/100 scale. I do like how they have handled the front landing gear and the toy seems pretty poseable with no parts removale or swapping required. Might have to see if I can get one of these from Wonder Fest.

I've heard that this YF-19 will be sold as a "completed resin model". I assume this means it will be finished like the kits SHE currently sells. Even better for those artistically challenged.

Carl

not to get us off topic again but where can one order one of these babies when they do go up for sale? Cause I really want one!

Me too :D

Who attends at the next wonderfest?

Wow... I've heard several sides of this story. I must admit not all are in agreement. According to one source Yamato fired several people over leaks here at Macross World. According to another, people were just moved around withing the company to close the leaks

Actually, lots of people on the HK side were fired around the time the Milia Q-Rau was released. I'm pretty sure that it had nothing (or little) to do with leaks to Macrossworld though :D.

It gets pretty complicated but to the best of my understanding revolves around a shift in the balance of power in the the Japan HQ, a clash of personalites between Japan and HK offices, what I perceive as descrimination on the Japan side to a powerful (now ex) female manager on the HK side (whom I was closely associated with) and allegations of backdoor trading and certain people outstepping their mandate (unfounded IMO). It all got pretty nasty for a while, but I'm not going to go into specifics now.

Anyway, pretty much all the Macross toy information given out by me on MW was officially sanctioned by Yamato. There were actually very few leaks. AFAIK, there were only two times we were really hurt by leaks, once after a dinner with the CEO when I released a long newsletter without pre-approval. This was 100% my fault, but I swear to this day that I asked and received verbal approval to release the info.

The other time was when a MW member unknowingly made a lucky guess about a top secret prototype sculpt and released photos of a near-identical garage kit that the sculpt was based on and photo-shopped the photos with the words 'copyright Yamato' and claimed that this was the mystery sculpt. This particular incident really got Yamato steamed and I had them shouting down the phone at me for leaking photos they had given to me in confidence.

As for a certain ex-MW member who claimed to be female and half Japanese and have contact with Yamato Japan, I tend to discount claims that she was a major source of trouble for Macrossworld with Yamato. My former sources had never heard of her. She may have gotten some minor info from Yamato's old Japanese BBS and perhaps made some lucky guesses. I was off the boards when these 'so-called leaks' happened, so I'm not sure what she said as it was all deleted by the time I came online.

What bothers me the most is the way Yamato broke off contact without any notice, especially as I like to think there were some genuine friendships with several people there (quite a few wild nights :p as well ). If they want to break off contact with me and MW, fine I can accept that, but at very least have the balls to send an email (if not a phone call) informing me of the fact. I've heard from a few people that this lack of contact from somebody I considered a friend, might be a Japanese face-saving cultural thing. Sorry, I don't buy that, my main contact was well-travelled, spoke great English, was quite Westernized and should bloody well know better :angry: .

Graham

As curious as I am to hear your side of things are you sure it's wise to share these "juicy pics" and details publically? If Yamato is firing people over this I personally don't want that info at the cost of someone's livelihood. Also I'd make sure you weren't opening yourself up to some legal action.

That's something I have thought about, espcially as I did sign a non-disclosure agreement regarding the Macross products. Most of the toy info I have is so out of date now though that it probably doesn't matter or is already public knowledge anyway.

I still have lots of juicy behind the scenes stories though as well as some very intersting prototype pics. I probably shouldn't spill the beans though as I'm usually not one to burn bridges if at all possible :lol: .

Graham

Carl

I was wondering about that as the name seemed to imply it would be sold as a completed item. Gonna have to try to score two I think. Let's hope the producion run is a decent size and the cost is not too high.

Graham

With the recent changes to the Big West licencencing procedure, the production run CAN be higher than previous macross Wonderfest kits. But not untill Summer `05. The initial release this coming wonderfest will probably be around 20. After that they can apply to have a larger production run.

Sounds like Graham and Yamoto both acted in good faith but circumstances just riuned a good thing.

At least we had the insisde scoop for a period of time. Better than never having it at all.

Who knows, perhaps at some point the individuals that were friends at Yamoto will feel free to contact Graham again. I am sure they wil be well recieved.

Is that really the box cover art? Yamato needs to dump the retarded monkey with shareware MSPAINT filters.

/stabs out own eyes.

Yeah,

Looks like they have Mongo "the retard artist" working on their boxes again. You know what, I'd gladly take the option (if there was an option..) to buy my yamato products whitout the packaging. I just don't know why they insist in making these things huge and therefore costly to ship as hell.

My bad.

Fixed!

You must've missed it.

Hehehehehe.....it was posted last week.

HERE

Aww poo!!!!

first post I do in months, and I post something already known.... oh yeah, this is MW, I forgot, you can't beat the folks here about anything Macross. he he he he he he :D:D:D

Thanks for pointing that out Spacey!

..someone PLEASE delete this thread.

Here are my suggestions: (completely made up of course :D )

-Longer legs allow for easier movement on slightly uneven terrain?

Taller robot = bigger strides. Crouched robot = more balance but since it can't jump or anything like the regult, it is slower.

-Battroid mode can see objects hiding behind buildings/trees/hills easier? The higher angle to shoot from, makes targeting enemies low to the ground easier since you can see more from above like observing from a tower. In the far off distance where things touch the horizon, shooting from a higher vantage point may mean more accuracy.

-Devastor was so cool in the transformers movie. Like the transformer Devastor, the crew may want to get into a fight with other mechs to see who is the strongest robot of them all. :D No more Zentradi giants thinking they can just punch through armour or lift the battroid over thier heads and throw them around. A monster that can transform to human form is a psycological advantage. Normal battroids are only the size of a giant zentradi soldier but smaller than a zentradi mech. Big is scary.

-The monster could be used in a team of battroids as heavy weapons man. One thing about the regults and glaug is they kind of look cool when you see them together as a team with each man speciailising in a specific task rather than all being generic and having the same ability. I imagine that this battroid-moded monster would be able to run maybe? It could be a mech that provides long range support so the other smaller battroids are covered from enemies that can shoot them down from afar? This happened in the tv series when a group of MK II monsters had the zentradi pods surrounded and they couldn't really fight back.

I just think that if the monster could be used to fly in shuttle mode/bomber mode along with other variable fighters on missions, then it could be an advantage in a team where the monster is used in various modes. (one for ground as a mere cannon that just sits there in defense, another for ground attacks that moves around in battroid mode like any normal variable fighter in battroid mode, and one for air to move about quicker.)

I also think that a monster by itself would have a hard time against a group of smaller, faster, mechs attacking it from up close. It would be slower than say a Qrau, and have a hard time trying to hit anything, which is where the smaller variable fighters could come in to help so that the monster can focus on targets further away and letting the heavy armor absorb damage from close attacks by enemies too fast to hit. But if the monster is used in a team, I can see this as being useful since most of the time the monster just sits on its ass. The Battroid mode would make it like a long distance attacking mech that can also move from one area quicker on foot as opposed to just being a defender of an area in Gerwalk mode. All the Battroid would have to do is bend down on one knee for stability to fire the 4 cannons instead of transforming to Gerwalk. In this sense, I find the gerwalk mode to be less useful than battroid.

-Space. If it had to fight in space all the disadvantages of being in battroid mode in a planetary surface would disapear. Just fly from point to point in shuttle/bomber mode, change to battroid and fire the 4 cannons. No worries about losing balance or stability or anything. All the cool humanoid Zero G acrobatic maneavers you see other battroids performing can now be done, (max's mech duels) only on a larger scale. Previous monsters may have been too simplistic in controls to perform complex moves, but a battroid mode form of control adds a more 'powered suit' feel (complete with head, arms and legs all independantly controlled by a single pilot) than a slow tank (gerwalk mode) which is suited for heavy ground attacks and limited by its own weight.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Gotta say I'm really hyped about the 1/100 YF-19 esecially as it's not a Yamato product :p . I haven't been this excited about a Macross toy or model for a very long time.

Graham

I take it that it must be that good for you to be excited about. So this doesn't have removable parts and its in perfect transformation?? :huh:

What bothers me the most is the way Yamato broke off contact without any notice, especially as I like to think there were some genuine friendships with several people there (quite a few wild nights  :p as well ).

Graham

A little OT here...

:blink: Care to elaborate a little on what kind of wild nights were those?

:p

Edited by Evanta

I take it that it must be that good for you to be excited about. So this doesn't have removable parts and its in perfect transformation?? 

Looks perfect transformation, all right. Obviously the hands don't fold, but seems like you don't have to take them off, 'cause they're well concealed under the shield in fighter mode (see the fighter mode rear picture, there's a fist sneaking from underneath the shield).

Hey, Graham: good luck in getting those. Don't forget to post picks of it. I'm not going to Japan, so I think I'll just keep hoping for the promised Yamato YF-19.

Is that really the box cover art? Yamato needs to dump the retarded monkey with shareware MSPAINT filters.

/stabs out own eyes.

The box art does suffer from the generic cookie cutter paint programs where filters is their one button does it all desktop publishing answer. Who the hell is in charge at their art department? I can't stand that Brush Script typeface. Oh the hell with it. If they do more to the box then they'll have some genuine excuse to jack up the price. Damn, would it hurt for them to put some CAD drawings of the toy rather than the photoshopped filtered images. I would really like it if they commisioned Tenjin to do some illustrative work. But we all know we ain't buyin this just for the box :rolleyes: but rather the masterpiece inside.

Yamato's design staff used up all their artisic license on the packaging for the 1/12 Scopedog, and so reverted to default Photoshop filters for Macross products once more. :):p

I'm underwhelmed. I guess, like many of us...Yamato's declining quality is enticing me to cease my Yamato toy addiction. It was a good run, but for the money they want to charge I feel I can do better...sad. I think what really hit it home for me is seeing some of the Master Replicas stuff. While a very expensive product, the quality is pristine. I don't mind paying $150 for a toy...but I'd like to feel like I got that value...and they are losing me. I think another big part is the lack of info. I wonder if they realize how much this site used to get me energized to buy there stuff. So many times I decided to skip something, only to hear news from Graham and change my mind. The reviews alone generated $1000s in sales from me alone.