Science and Technology MEGA THREAD

Max Jenius

day old news but 40+grand and you can get a mech on ebay.  if you remember its that guy up north someone posted about him awhile ago.

Ebay link

310173[/snapback]

Oh yes, I remember this one. Kinda hard to take this seriously, though. :p

310266[/snapback]

yah the movies don't show it walking other than a step that was off camera but the little arm flame throwers was cool but insanely short range. the ebay thing is real think the article says he needs to sell this to work on his next version.

• 2 weeks later...

That actually looks kinda cool. We are now taking baby steps to our own extinction.....teaching the robots to fight. Like it has been said many times in this thread....."It's just a matter of time before they realize they actually don't need us...."

Rob

Terrorist-Proof Lighting illuminates areas with no power.

July 29, 2005 08:10 - Shatter-proof Glow-Luxâ„¢ Emergency Afterglow Lighting combines scotopic phosphor blend with non-radioactive after-glow phosphor blend to provide uninterrupted illumination in critical interior areas during low-light and no-power conditions. Even if bulb breaks, glass pieces will continue to glow up to 12 hr after power goes off. This 100% bomb-proof fluorescent lighting can also be detached and used as portable emergency light source.

465812.jpg

It will be cool when the power goes out, we'll all have anime-esque glows in the darkened rooms . . . :p

RNAi only suppresses gene expression. This is great for helping with metabolic diseases and viral infections. I still want to see an effective delivery system though. Those hairpins need to be inside the cell and destroyed to confer long term suppression. The other thing is how to reverse the process.

vinnie

Edited by justvinnie

Actually, that Q1 chick is pretty hot. She can kill me afterwards if she has to. :lol:

317371[/snapback]

I dunno I always could tell she was a robot from the pics and an mpg I saw of her confirmed it, besides she may be modelled after a cute woman but come on I doubt she has the plumbing for what you want.

Actually, that Q1 chick is pretty hot. She can kill me afterwards if she has to. :lol:

317371[/snapback]

I dunno I always could tell she was a robot from the pics and an mpg I saw of her confirmed it, besides she may be modelled after a cute woman but come on I doubt she has the plumbing for what you want.

319511[/snapback]

a drill and 40 weight oil will solve that problem ;)

317371[/snapback]

319511[/snapback]

319559[/snapback]

EWWWWWWWWWW :o

317371[/snapback]

319511[/snapback]

319559[/snapback]

EWWWWWWWWWW :o

319571[/snapback]

muahahahaha another person is horribly disgusted, my job is done. :)

Fighter Jet Lasers are finally on the way.

Last time I saw it mentioned they were calling it Directed Energy Weapon.

CNN link

Interesting about the laser weapon.

Would these still be weaker than projectile weapons? Can we expect laser beams so hot that they wil melt through the armour without much fuss? Or will they be weak like the head laser in macross which could barely burn a hole in the zentradi ship wall without overheating too quickly to be any real use? (used mainly to light giant zentradi cigarettes and cook large turkey legs jk - ok so shooting down missiles is pretty handy)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 weeks later...
Rise of The Machines...  :o

X-47B Killer Drone construction begins!!!

x47_takeoff.jpg

302001[/snapback]

The X-47B Joint Unmanned Combat Air Systems

almost makes you wonder if this is the UCAV from STEALTH, does'nt it?

326820[/snapback]

You said the S-word! :o

Rise of The Machines...  :o

X-47B Killer Drone construction begins!!!

x47_takeoff.jpg

302001[/snapback]

The X-47B Joint Unmanned Combat Air Systems

almost makes you wonder if this is the UCAV from STEALTH, does'nt it?

326820[/snapback]

You said the S-word! :o

326831[/snapback]

Yes, but i did'nt start a new thread saying it. whistle.gif

• 3 weeks later...

While I personally don't like beer very much, this is still pretty sweet.

Beermat that knows when you need a refill.

post-514-1128115962.jpg

Edited by Anubis

So their puttin a weight scale on my table.....lovely....

i just saw that pinned topic with the "es" word.

so how come the word is hated and irritate members so much?

[accent=Willie] Shhhhhhhhhh. You want to get suuuued boy? [/accent]

Why not start a thread and find out? :) Or you can always use the search button. :D