Video Games that never get old

Agent ONE

You guys know what I mean.. Its like some games you get and you either play em for a few weeks, then they get old and you leave them alone, or they are annoying and you quit before you beat em.. Or after you beat em, there is just nothing fun abou them.

Im talking about the games that never get old, the games that you've had for years and they are still a blast to play, maybe not as fun as newer games, but you still come back to them no matter what.

Here's my list of games I could play forever:

1. Zelda (the first one) - NES... No matter how many times I killed Gannon, there was always more stuff to find and more things to do.

2. Mike Tyson's Punch out - NES... Played it for HOURS, I probably put a few hours per week into this game over a course of 10 years. I was still playing it in 95.

3. Street Fighter 2 Trubo - Super NES... I don't know why I was entertained by such a simple game. I mean really there was not much to this game, it was just fun as hell and I never got tired of it.

4. Quake3 Arena - PC... Just awesome, I kill my coworkers often in this game.

5. Goldeneye - N64... Im just like BSU with this game its hardwired into my brain.

Well...

I find the "never get old" attribute most common in, well, old games. Games you CAN'T beat, except maybe by crashing them(original arcade PacMan is like that, it gets totally hosed after level 255)

Asteroids, Tempest, and RoadBlasters are some of my favorites.

As far as newer stuff... Tales of Destiny is a big one. So's Valkyrie Profile. And Star Ocean 2(need to pick up SO3...).

Starcraft Broodwar and Diablo 2 LOD only because of the multiplayer, the single player gets old after you beat it, and for some reason i seem to be addicted to the basic games that come with windows, i find mself playing reversi, checkers, backgammon, hearts, freecell, solitare, and spider solitare several times a day

1. Street Fighter 2 / Super Street Fighter 2 X / Street Fighter Alpha 3

2. Super Mario bros 3 (nes)

3. Sonic 2 (genesis)

games that never get old and will never get old : 2d beat'them all, shoot'them up

( that s why neo geo succeeds to stay great )

(In general, 2d games dont get old as fast as new 3d game. It's always good to come back in old arcade action game.)

and robotech battle cry. ;)

:o

Can you honestly say you play that game all the time.. as in it never gets old to you? I personally hate that game... The next person to tell me to "guard the Cat's Eye" gets to watch me eat their liver.

Hmm lets see

Tenchu series on PS1/PS2. All of them are great except Tenchu 2 ...blah

Mortal Kombat 2 PS2 version is awesome

Contra on NES

Sonic Adventure 1 on the Dreamcast/Gamecube

Castlevania Symphony of Night PS1

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 for the Genesis

Darkstalkers series PS1, Arcade

Resident Evil 1 & 2 PS1

Soul Calibur series (including Soul Edge/Blade)

Edited by dejr8bud

and robotech battle cry.  ;)

:o

Can you honestly say you play that game all the time.. as in it never gets old to you? I personally hate that game... The next person to tell me to "guard the Cat's Eye" gets to watch me eat their liver.

nah, hence the ;) if i'm super super bored, then maybe i'll play a couple of missions....none guarding the cats eye. :angry::lol:

oh i play alot of crash bandicote(sp?) its non stop fun!

Edited by haterist

Golden Eye for N64 is indeed a great game. Most new games I just rent one week is all you really need for most games.

I'll so add Uncharted Waters New Horizons for the SNES I'm not sure if anyone else has heard about this game but it's so good I bought a copy and dusted off my old SNES to play it.

MegaMan (almost any)

Street Fighter 2/Street Fighter Alpha (almost any)

Castlevania Symphony

Final Fantasy (4, 6 and Tactics were the best, 7 was so-so and none of the ones after that have managed to hold my interest, blasphemy I know, but there you have it)

Silent Hill

Tetris

street fighter II & alpha (any of them)

street fighter III 3rd strike

counter-strike

super mario brothers 3

ninja gaiden

zelda link to the past

solitaire

xenogear

final fantasy 7

metal gear solid (the one on ps1 or gamecube)

raiden

super contra

tetris

ive played too many games. :blink:

Golden Eye for N64 is indeed a great game. Most new games I just rent one week is all you really need for most games.

I'll so add Uncharted Waters New Horizons for the SNES I'm not sure if anyone else has heard about this game but it's so good I bought a copy and dusted off my old SNES to play it.

I have Uncharted Waters New Horizons (or Uncharted Waters 2) for PC and KOEI did make Uncharted Waters 3 and 4 for PC

Uncharted Waters 4 is as fun as Uncharted Waters 2. :lol:

Uncharted Waters New Horizons for the SNES is a classic, improved graphcis from the PC version.

Which trading route did you usually use? or you are a pirate? :lol:

Did you go to Japan and buy the "100 cannon" battleship? (I don't remember the name)

These greatest hits collections that have been coming out the past few years are the best :) All of these have nearly unlimited replay value in my eyes:

Galaga

Sinistar

Yie Ar Kung Fu

Mortal Kombat 2

Robotron 2084

Street Fighter 2 (Just about any incarnation)

Rampart (Castle warfare game)

Joust

Ms. Pac Man

I still want Arcade perfect reproductions of Dragons Lair and Dragon's Lair 2 for a system, playing them on a DVD player is just lame.

I also really want a copy of the Tron Video Game, the one where you played stages as tanks, cycles, and battle the MCP with your disc. An arcade perfect version of the Star Wars Trilogy game would really make me happy as well :)

Two words: Bubble Bobble

That game was really fun... I managed to put it down though.

I'll admit the gameboy game got tiring especially cause they had to throw a week plot in there

hmmm...

Sakura Taisen V episode Zero??? I havn't gotten tried of it yet... must unlock all 8 secret characters and get A rankings in every mission... and defeate all trial modes... after that though it might get dull

Macross DYRL (Sega Saturn)

And Macross PS2

are good games to thrown on when I'm bored...

I don't think there is such a thing as a game I could play forever

Maybe Hana-gumi Taisen Columns 1 and 2???