STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

Enough of these shenannigans. There's a new documentary on the Official Site.

And if that isn't enough....have a taste of red hot promo imagery.

Ugly stance, makes Vader look even more like the kid that Anakin is. I wouldn't be scared of that Vader. He's like a giant headed guy that stands with his legs apart.

Vader was a tall, imposing, regal looking figure that walked stiffly but it almost looked like he floated because of his cape in the original movies.

You know what...? As far as my contributions to this thread are concerned, you kids are on your own from now on. Fortunately for you there's one or two other members who comb the same spoiler sites I do and I'm sure they'll keep posting material for you to bitch, moan and pule about. But I'm done with this shite. I'll see you whiners in May (and you just know you'll right behind me in line, no matter how much you say otherwise.)

You know what...? As far as my contributions to this thread are concerned, you kids are on your own from now on. Fortunately for you there's one or two other members who comb the same spoiler sites I do and I'm sure they'll keep posting material for you to bitch, moan and pule about. But I'm done with this shite. I'll see you whiners in May (and you just know you'll right behind me in line, no matter how much you say otherwise.)

A little sensitive are we?

*sigh* That really sucks. :angry:

:(

boooooooooo! hisssssssssssssss!!!!

don't let these little whiney fanboys get to you man. SW fans in general tend to be a-holes, even if everything in the movie is perfect, they'll find something to bitch about

look at vaders boots man, thats not the boots he was wearing in the OT, my childhood has been raped. :rolleyes:

oh, look at the emperors cape, its use to be a different shade of black, lucas sucks. :rolleyes:

wait, aren't those suppose to be lasers? cause according to XYZ magazine, they're supposed to be plasma cannons. WTF! :rolleyes:

all BS aside,

is anything anyone has seen so far going to keep you from watching this movie? ever?

meaning you won't pay at the theatre...

you won't ever rent it...

you won't buy the DVD when it comes out...

you won't buy any of the toys and figures that come out....

you won't even watch it when they put it on TV....

right? :rolleyes:

you fanboys need to grow into fan-men and stop all your bitchin. if you honestly believe Lucas ruined your life with a movie, you really need to re-examine whats important in your life and maybe join a support group or something....its just f-in sad really. :rolleyes:

Edited by haterist

I'm confused by the term "fanboy" in regard to those that aren't as willing to embrace Episodes I and II and perhaps some pre-release marketing of Episode III.

Wouldn't a "fanboy" be somebody who was a fan of episode I, II & III? And those whose opinions differ would therefore not be a fanboy? Or is the definition of "fanboy" purposefully ironic? Heaven forfend the opinion of those that find fault with say, Vader's small stature in a poster or the quality of writing and direction in the prequels. Why some consider it a personal affront if pre-production or marketing materials are sometimes rightly criticized is a mystery to me. Do they take some sort of personal stake in a poster designed by somebody else?

I really, really wish my standards were as low as some. I wanted to like the prequels. But at the same time, I'm not attacking people or accusing them of being "fanboys" for liking something I find to be diluted by the drudgery of more recent films. The signature "childhood raped by..." in my sig. is indicative of not only my displeasure with the direction the franchise has gone, but also a tongue-in-cheek reference to the absurdity and cliche nature of the saying itself.

Don't get me wrong, I'll see Episode III along with the next guy. I'm trying to approach this ep. with an open mind and less critical eye...but after being burned by the first two films, IMO, its difficult to remain optimistic. Just because I'm going to "be in line on the first day like everyone else" doesn't negate my overall negative impressions of the prequels.

To have a Star Wars mega-thread and not expect some criticism is foolhardy.

well if you don't like the prequels, don't watch them. if you think epi. 1 and 2 killed SW for you, then why watch epi. 3?

oh, i see it doesn't matter cause SW is still cool, jedi's rock, lightsabers are badass, and the force is still mysterious. :p

this is what people on MW call "pre-bitching".

i know this is a discussion forum but its not for people to come and whine about what they don't like, didn't like, or will not like...especially if they haven't actually seen it, its just ridiculous.

believe you me, everyones got the same problems with SW and Lucas, its just that some of us here are more mature and realize that no matter how much bitchin gets done, it ain't worth squat.....unless you think our opinions will sway what Lucas is going to do, which it won't.

simply put, theres a way to share your opinion without blowing it all out of proportion which many SW fans do...gorw up, its a friggin movie for christ sakes.

I've noticed that a good many like to whine about the topic at hand. They, at least, are on topic, though annoying. Worse yet are those who bother to whine about the whiners, thus prolonging the pain. Thankfully, it's just a message board, and nobody has to contribute, nobody has to as much as look.

I, foolishly, do both.

Personally, I will not see EpIII in theaters. I will not rent it. I certainly might watch it on tv. That's how I saw ATOC. HBO is there to satisfy my morbid curiosity.

I did go to see TPM in a theater. Not on the day it opened though--not close. Was I dissapointed? No; I had been bracing myself for suck. Did it rape my childhood? No; Lucas's movies are no longer capable of impressing me, much less time travel and forced intercourse. Was it all bad? No.

post-26-1106705529_thumb.jpg

That pic made my morning. :lol:

It would be funny if it were true.

Glad somebody has a sense of humor around here... :rolleyes:

No really, you aren't funny.

But then again you aren't willing to admit that the prequels are great and you are generally wrapped up in your own fussieness so I don't expect much logic.

But then again you aren't willing to admit that the prequels are great and you are generally wrapped up in your own fussieness so I don't expect much logic.

You're right, I need to come to terms with the fact that the Prequels are completely flawless, fantastic storytelling and the greatest thing since sliced bread. You should only post in a forum if you regard the Prequels with sheer love and admiration. The forum FAQ clearly states that any dissenting opinion from the norm (in this case, the unwavering support of the Star Wars prequels) shall be met with a perma-ban. No criticism of George Lucas or his Prequels is allowed.

You're right, I need to come to terms with the fact that the Prequels are completely flawless, fantastic storytelling and the greatest thing since sliced bread. You should only post in a forum if you regard the Prequels with sheer love and admiration. The forum FAQ clearly states that any dissenting opinion from the norm (in this case, the unwavering support of the Star Wars prequels) shall be met with a perma-ban. No criticism of George Lucas or his Prequels is allowed.

I didn't say they were perfect, but they were just as perfect as the OT.