STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

which tie fighter are you talking about? the one in the list of upcoming 2005 legos? on the bottom it say Star Wars Original Edition , thats the only one that says it so i think it is a re-release of the classic star wars legos instead of something in the new film, who knows maybe we might see a glimpse of it at the very end. i would also say during the middle and end of the year you will probably see a ton of other OT and Prequel stuff released, considering this is the last Star Wars film being made they are going to want to get as much stuff on the market as possible. as for the folding wings on the jedi star fighter, if you look at the lego version it shows the R2 unit in front of the wings, so the wings should be able to close.

edit: i just noticed on the Lego tie fighter if you push down on vaders head the light saber lights up, :p cool.

Edited by zeo-mare

edit: i just noticed on the Lego tie fighter if you push down on vaders head the light saber lights up, :p cool.

Yeah, this is cool. Man, I wish I kept my SW Lego sets - or at least the mini-figs, which were the main reason for getting them in the first place. I'd like to check out these illuminating sabers in-hand.

very ugly looking what is it? a ground vehicle or fighter jet?

Edited by zeo-mare

Tri-Fighter Droid....

this is easily the lamest looking of the new stuff...yuck!

what ever happened too the the three winged tie-fighter from galoob . . ...i would have taken that in a heart beat!

hopefully the variable droid fighters have more screen time than these p'sOS!!! :angry:

That's the TIE Defender from the TIE Fighter PC game. Pretty hard to find, how much does one go for in the market these days, anyway?

that isnt the tie defender. it has 3 "wings" i guess like the tie defender but it isnt.

I think you mean the Tie-Phantom from the the Rebel Assault 2 game, or possibly the Tie-CLutch from I-Jedi.

ill have to check my references but the defender doesnt look like that. ill scan the image tomorrow and edit this post with it. the defender , clutch and phantom all have 3 wings but the defender is larger behind the ball section. they are all variations of a theme and easily confused. look in the vehicles and vessels book for the EU line art and the defender is in there.

Edited by HWR MKII

that is definitely not the tie defender... tie defender comes along much later, and has three wings that look like the got taken off tie intercepters but instead of the fins being folded in, are folded out.

Besides, the tie defender comes along after RotJ... in the game, the empire finally catches on the shields and a hyperdrive on snub fighter is a good thing.

Thanks chewie. i couldnt find my book. and where did you get that clawcraft image its sweet.

It's from the short New Jedi Order story in an issue of the Star Wars Insider. I have to admit, I googled them all. >.>;;

Edited by Chewie

Nice pics, all. Damn, I love the TIE Defender. I wish I could get a hold of the rare Action Fleet one... too bad the !#@!$# things go for so much money.