The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

thanks noriko. it looks like it can be taller than 12 inch. is the part mostly diecast with some plastic? it's so expensive. kyatsu  :blink:  :ph34r:  :huh:

ps

is it gonna be easy to find?

417630[/snapback]

It's by Studio Half-Eye. The only metal in them are the screws.

It's a pre-painted/assembled resin kit.

If you're looking for metal, wait for the Chogokin.

And with a price like that, I can't imagine them selling a ton of them. I'm sure production numbers will be suitably low.

And with a price like that, I can't imagine them selling a ton of them.  I'm sure production numbers will be suitably low.

417643[/snapback]

And hence, they'll be rare. Maybe one day when I outgrow my Gunbuster/anime fetish, I'l be able to recoup most of the cost by selling my entire collection on eBay. That won't be a cheap auction either.

Don't worry, Gunbuster is one of those shows you literally won't mind buying again & again. So far I've got the HK, the R2 special edition, and now I can't wait for the R1 reproduction of the R2 special edition :)

whoa, finally got around to seeing this... I gotta say, Gunbuster has aged VERY well compared to some other 80s anime in my collection... very strong EVA vibes though.

Does anybody know why the last episode was drawn in widescreen and grayscale?

whoa, finally got around to seeing this... I gotta say, Gunbuster has aged VERY well compared to some other 80s anime in my collection... very strong EVA vibes though.

Does anybody know why the last episode was drawn in widescreen and grayscale?

418063[/snapback]

The last episode was filmed in the normal manner, but it was cropped (by Anno, I think) to give it a more cinematic feeling, as well as emotional impact. This is also why it was left black and white. I think the directors made a good call, as episode 6 easily stands out as possibly the best episode of Aim for the Top! The futility of fighting a war which literally spans a few generations and the toll it takes on those involved is shown pretty well here. I mean, geez, compare Noriko's, Kazumi's and Kimiko's ages. Can you imagine the havoc that war played with the families left home to worry?

I feel sorry for S.H.E.

They are a small company that does little works of art with resin and when they finally get there Gunbuster done, Bandai goes and uses all of its mighty resources to make their cheaper version. Poor guys.

i am little confused now. so, the gunbuster (the bigger version) is it bandai or s.h.e? can someone clarify that for me? kyatsu :blink:

I feel sorry for S.H.E.

They are a small company that does little works of art with resin and when they finally get there Gunbuster done, Bandai goes and uses all of its mighty resources to make their cheaper version. Poor guys.

418161[/snapback]

i am little confused now. so, the gunbuster (the bigger version) is it bandai or s.h.e? can someone clarify that for me? kyatsu :blink:
I feel sorry for S.H.E.

418161[/snapback]

418176[/snapback]

EYE-GUNBUSTER_32.JPG

The one on the left is the S.H.E and the one on the right is a non-transforming action figure:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01027

The Bandai will be bigger than the S.H.E.

All the pictures that appeared in page 47 of this thread are from the Bandai Gunbuster.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Twoducks

Don't worry, Gunbuster is one of those shows you literally won't mind buying again & again. So far I've got the HK, the R2 special edition, and now I can't wait for the R1 reproduction of the R2 special edition :)

418008[/snapback]

Good to hear. I just hope the R1 does the release like other six episodes series', like Gundam 0080, or FLCL, with three episodes a DVD.

418008[/snapback]

Good to hear. I just hope the R1 does the release like other six episodes series', like Gundam 0080, or FLCL, with three episodes a DVD.

418493[/snapback]

Actually, if it's like the R2 release, it'll be a 2 double disc box set (OVA spread accross the first 3 disc's, while the 4th has the bulk of the extra features). And I'm pretty sure FLCL was a 2 episode per disc release.

I see the original Top uniform and its ripped on the right. ;)

419911[/snapback]

That isn't Noriko. She does not have white hair and is not black. It looks a lot like Larc to me. And if Gainax does something to totally screw up the first Aim for the Top! I'll never forgive them.

Of course i know its Larc/Lark. I consider it a homage piece for now but am dead curious what happens in 6 now. >_<

Any news on the Gunbuster cinematic releases?

Now I wonder if I should even bother with a LE for Gunbuster. I'm not very familiar with the series, so perhaps I'll get the regular one. I've only seen like 3 or 4 episodes of Top Wo Nerae 2/Diebuster with Nono (what a cutie, I'd hit her), so that's basically all of Gunbuster I've ever seen. Sorry Noriko.

Excellent news! I cannot wait! Well, I have waited for a number of years, but God! The suspense is killing me! And Spatula, you need to give Aim for the Top! a chance. You will love it. I promise you. If you liked Top 2!, you will like the original.

Now I wonder if I should even bother with a LE for Gunbuster.  I'm not very familiar with the series, so perhaps I'll get the regular one.  I've only seen like 3 or 4 episodes of Top Wo Nerae 2/Diebuster with Nono (what a cutie, I'd hit her), so that's basically all of Gunbuster I've ever seen.  Sorry Noriko.

420523[/snapback]

WWWWWWW!!!! :blink:

Go DL some of the first series! The art is really sweet and so is the story. :D

post-2410-1154105807_thumb.jpg

420409[/snapback]

I don't even know how to react to that picture. It looks like Dix Neuf without all his armor shed to his organic skin. It's screaming to me "End of Evangelion". I don't know if I like that feeling.

More stuff to get. I finally got some stuff at cons this year. Three of the little figures (Gunuster, Noriko, and Kazumi. I just need Jung and some varients now) at Fanime. The Xebec at Sacanime. It looks great but I'm highly disappointed in the joints. The left leg went loose after about five minutes out of the box. It really makes keeping it standing a pain. At AX, I finally got the Noriko statue. Hopefully, I'll be able to afford one of these transformables.

While I have little need for a DVD, I'm too much of a fan not to at least buy it. I just wish I was at AX the day it was announced. I had prior commitments. At least that's better than having been there and missing the panel.

Any place that's actually selling the R1 versions of the original series? Noriko, I'm putting big $$$ out because of your words.

Also, a torrent link would be nice at first. I only buy series that I LOVE. See: PATLABOR.

I really wish I could tell you where to find a R1 version of the series, but there has never been one outside of the VHS format. If you can find someone who owns the original US Renditions set, borrow them. Hell, you can buy the Kiseki DVD on eBay if you can find it, just stay away from the Chinese bootleg. I do not want to pressure you into buying something you cannot afford, seeing as how the set will possibly costs upwards of $130 if we get the remastered collection box. To me it is worth it, as I am probably the most fanatical person on this site who loves the show; but I also love the artwork as I am a big fan of Mikimoto.