Death

Macrosso

How about the guy who got his head cut off in DYRL. :o

Random civilians getting mashed by falling beams or something and I believe one of their heads was decapitated as well, during transformation.

How about the guy who got his head cut off in DYRL.  :o

Random civilians getting mashed by falling beams or something and I believe one of their heads was decapitated as well, during transformation.

Gruesome man....... gruesome. :o

roy's death in the series always got to me.. didn't die fighting in some big important battle or versus an enemy ace... just some random shots and enough time to say good bye to the person he loved the most.

Agreed. :(

I vote for anyone who didn't actually get shown dieing.

old age is the slowest most painful way to go.

No one really knows how these guys went after flashback: Minmay, Hikaru and Misa. :unsure:

Gigle's and Roy's are sad but so is Physica's. Well more like Gamlin's reactions when he goes to find Physica's family.

I thought Physica's death was *really* predictable, though, so that kind of lessened any impact it could have had. As soon as this character who had barely been an afterthought for the entire series so far suddenly starts getting all this screentime, you know he's about to bite the dust. So, knowing that it was coming, you were already prepared for it. And since Physica was hardly even in the show up until that episode, it was hard to really care much about what happened to him anyway. Gamlin's reaction really didn't get to me much more than the death itself did. I mean, it was sad, I guess...but it wasn't *that* sad.

My vote goes to Kakizaki in the TV series. In DYRL, he was just kind of flying and suddenly he's dead, but in the TV series he's doing his best to get the hell out of dodge before that barrier gets him, and he just can't do it. And then while Hikaru's sitting there screaming, Max just silently crosses himself. I thought the scene was done very well.

If "all Macross series" includes DYRL, then I would say that Fokker's death was the most "f-ed" up; considering that Hikaru could have saved him but instead chose to save himself and chase after his girlfriend, an act which of course he ultimately screwed up anyways....

Fokker could have lived! :rolleyes:

If "all Macross series" includes DYRL, then I would say that Fokker's death was the most "f-ed" up; considering that Hikaru could have saved him but instead chose to save himself and chase after his girlfriend, an act which of course he ultimately screwed up anyways....

Fokker could have lived! :rolleyes:

Well I see it as Roy sacrificing himself. He saved Hikaru's life and told him to go rescue Minmay.

If Hikaru would have gone back for Roy, which wouldn't have changed a thing since Roy was pretty much dead, and got himself killed, Roy's sacrifice would have been for nothing. I think Hikaru did the right thing.

Roy's death was most affecting. Especially if you just sat down to enjoy a good exciting show as a kid. It could have been the first time I've ever uttered the words "what the f*ck???" :o

Exactly. As a kid watching Roy died I was confused. I mean...cool cartoon characters weren't suppose to die. They never did on G.I. Joe. :blink:

every poor bastard that was issued a VF-1A with a brown paint scheme.

Ha ha! YES! Those guys made good toast!

Oh yeah what about those guys who were issued the white color scheme VF-11C in Macross 7. I mean they have to be the worst pilots in the series. :lol: