Update to VB-6 Koenig Section on Yamato's Site

Mechamaniac

I've been watching the site to see if they will update the price at any point. Today, they seem to have uploaded some nice colored prototype pics...

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=341

However, no price.... <_<

And, on a slightly disconcerting note....look at the Battroid pics, see how they have those lucite blocks there supporting the backs of the heels? WTF?. Hopefully that is not an indicator if major instability in Battroid mode, but considering how spindly the legs look, and how topheavy it looks to be, I bet it is....

yeah i'm not to sure about the lucite blocks either? :unsure:

just from the rear battroid pic, you can tell the 4 cannons/backpack are way BIG and probably heavy as shiet. when the q-rau was coming out, they propped that up on a lucite block as well....maybe ithe proto is just really loose? :unsure: hopefully they'll stay away from the ball joints on the feet/toes/whatever. regardless of all that, its still looks pretty damn sweet and i can't wait til this comes out. B))

The text shows a measurement of 32 cm; is that the battroid height or the overall length in shuttle mode? As for the Lucite blocks...meh, I remember a similar concern with the 1/60 Q'Rau as the prototypes for that power suit were also supported by blocks in most/all pictures.

The Koenig Monster does look pretty cool, however, and I'm seriously tempted to get it when it comes out. Now all we need is, at least, a tentative MSRP to give us an idea of how much of a dent this thing will cause in the bank account.

32 cm....

Waow, that's pretty big :ph34r:

That's what SHE said! :p:D:lol:

And yeah, this sucker is gonna be awesome!! Can't wait till it comes out. I just hope it'll be at a reasonable price. I'd be happy if the price was the same as the 1/48's. ;)

it's a resin proto so it's not surprising yamato is using those blocks as support...from what i've heard, resin is strong but not as strong as

plastic...so i guess yamato didn't want to show the vb-6 all huntched back but having standing tall and strong! :D

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Oooochie-mama!!

w00t.gif

Ditto!!! w00t.gif

Aggah! w00t.gif

If its a painted resin sculpt, the joints will be much looser than on the production toy and it will also be heavier that the ABS plastic production version.

I wouldn't worry about stability in the production toy, I'm sure it will be able to stand without support.

Graham

I can't wait. This is great so many macross things coming out. not mention the alpha even though it is not yamato making it.

I absolutely love it.

And the FINALLY transformed it right!! :o The shuttle's "wings" aren't really clicked into place actually though, if this proto even can.

I think it's a painted proto, with unsecure joints. Same as the Q-rau with the blocks supporting it.

Yamato gets some cool points back with this one, though I really want to see an MSRP on it.

What else can I expect from this toy?

thats actually a really good question....

is there anything else than what we've seen? any gimmicks? missiles? gunpod? something? anything? :mellow:

don't get me wrong, i think its uber cool, but a little extra something wouldn't hurt. :D

is there anything else than what we've seen? any gimmicks? missiles? gunpod? something? anything? :mellow:

don't get me wrong, i think its uber cool, but a little extra something wouldn't hurt. :D

There's gonna be this vacuum that hooks up straight to your wallet...

is there anything else than what we've seen? any gimmicks? missiles? gunpod? something? anything?

don't get me wrong, i think its uber cool, but a little extra something wouldn't hurt. 

The center piece of each arm (the "elbow" in destroid mode) it's a moving piece. I think it reveals the machine guns that appear in the line art.

HAHAHA! Doesn't it already do that?

By the way: I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but it doesn't seem that the Monster could bend his knee in batt mode at all. Is it supposed to be like this?

The destroid mode looking this good is all I need anyways.

way to ruin the party dude. <_<:angry:;):lol:

well lets hope you're right about the machine guns....

well if i break down and get more than one(not likely), i can see it being displayed in battroid and gerwalk modes. the shuttle mode is cool i guess but i can't see me leaving it displayed like that for too long. gerwalk it will be. :)

oh and thanks for the helpful info >EXO<, i think the vacuum is standard issue with every new yamato release. :lol:

And what do I get vacuumed if the wallet is empty? :lol::lol:

The center piece of each arm (the "elbow" in destroid mode) it's a moving piece. I think it reveals the machine guns that appear in the line art.

You are right about that one (I've seen it in some mag scans).

Putting things back into perspective....so to speak. A recap of what we've seen in the past months.....

1/60 Yamato Monster :blink: (Damn I still love this one, wish they would have made it)

1-60_MonsterYamato.jpg

1/100 Prototype VB-6 Monster from Magazine

1-100_MonsterProto.jpg

1/100 IHP VB-6 Monster kit

1-100_IHPMonster.jpg

1/100 Yamato VB-6 Monster (Beta Release :p)

1-100_MonsterYamato.jpg

Now which one do you like?

I still like the 1/60 non-transformable a lot. For some reason the battroid looks better in the prototype in the magazine to me. Must be the legs. Either way, I'm still going to get the Yamato VB-6.

Edited by soze

Man.....that 1/60 is off the hook!!! I think it looks so much better than the one they have coming out. Don't get me wrong.....the 1/100 looks ok. But, the both the Monster's arm and back cannons look way too short....and where's the gun turret under the cockpit!!?? It just looks lacking without it. I understand that that they probably had to shorten those cannons to make transformation possible. But, to tell you the truth....I'm not going to be transforming it anyway. That battroid doesn't look very poseable, either. I know, I know....i'm just a grump. ;)

P.S. I agree that there's gonna be some beautiful customs of this thing. Definitely lookin forward to seein some of em. :D

I might buy two of these depending on the price.