Someone has Taken an Interest in Macrossworld...

Gubaba

Hahaha! That's awesome! I'm almost tempted to allow more rude comments just to weird the translator out. Almost.

Too bad they didn't translate MisaForgotten saying "Klan eats Nanase for breakfast!", only to have d3v ask "What kind of 'eating' are we talking about here?" THAT would've been priceless.

Edited by Gubaba

Imagine VFTF1's comments being translated, they're often nonsensical enought in english. :p

Well, to quote VFTF1:

当たり前のようにランカだよ!彼女はこの銀河でもっともラブリーなかわいこちゃんで 超時空スーパーアイドルでワンダフルな女の子だよ!

(Or, as Nifty Translations would have it, "It is RANKA so that naturally! She is my わいこ in Love Lee most in this Galaxy. It is a super-space-time super idol, and he is a wonderful girl!")

Check this out:

http://seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf_poll_2

It's the last Macrossworld poll on our favorite Frontier girls, and someone actually went to the trouble of translating our comments into Japanese.

Is anybody else a little weirded out by this?

Not weirded out, just a study comparing cultures probably......

Taksraven

It's surreal.

Mind you, it's a healthy reminder of exactly how far reaching our comments are, and especially how the negative (or those spoken in less than positive terms) can reflect badly on the person making the comments.

AKA: the next time you don't get called in for a job interview, ask yourself if your online activities are the reason why. :lol:

It's surreal.

Mind you, it's a healthy reminder of exactly how far reaching our comments are, and especially how the negative (or those spoken in less than positive terms) can reflect badly on the person making the comments.

AKA: the next time you don't get called in for a job interview, ask yourself if your online activities are the reason why. :lol:

Most people would get a shock if they googled themselves or their online aliases more. Just randomly googled myself and a few others here. My number of mentions is only due to my old Youtube account that had over 400 clips and 2 million total views b4 it was shut down. Dunno what else Gubaba has been up to though.....??

logo.gif

Results 1 - 10 of about 5,340 for eugimon

Results 1 - 10 of about 37,500 for taksraven

Results 1 - 10 of about 93,800 for sketchley.

Results 1 - 10 of about 11,300,000 for Gubaba.

Taksraven

Funny... when I google my user name, I get only 93,700. I wonder where the extra 100 are coming from, in the non-Japanese version that you used.

Anyhow, if you add macross to my user name, it drops down to 1,210 - which is probably more realistic. (But not 100% accurate. However, it's removed the hotels/town(ship)/cleaners/writers with the same name.)

ANYHOW, Gubaba is... a character in Macross 7. Obviously there's going to be a larger amount.

OOOOOOOh :) How nice of them!

I also find it interesting that MY comments take like...1 verse to write in Japanese :) I would love to have this "re-translated" back to english or at least learn how they were translated :)

But I almost can't believe I made my comments so...short? Or did they just do fragments? :)

In any event - that's very cool :)

Yay Japanese Nice Dude Translator Man! :) Carrot Love!

Pete

OOOOOOOh :) How nice of them!

I also find it interesting that MY comments take like...1 verse to write in Japanese :) I would love to have this "re-translated" back to english or at least learn how they were translated :)

But I almost can't believe I made my comments so...short? Or did they just do fragments? :)

In any event - that's very cool :)

Yay Japanese Nice Dude Translator Man! :) Carrot Love!

Pete

Look at my posts on the last page, one of them quotes you in Japanese, and then machine-translates you back into English. Probably the only way we'll ever get the line "He is a wonderful girl!" out of you. :p

Anyway, most of the comments are from here: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?&showtopic=26933 althogh some are from here: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27507

I don't know where your post is from, though...maybe from Frontier Girls Part 2...?

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed...there's MORE!

http://www.seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf_poll_1

And a couple of others, but those are drawn from RandomCuriosity, Animesuki, ANN, and other places.

Edited by Gubaba

Not all that surprising, but funny nonetheless. I've been contacted by a few Japanese fans about my own website. It was inevitable that people from around the world would take notice of fansites in other languages. I know I've visited my share of German, French and Japanese sites over the years and translated info with babelfish :)

Not all that surprising, but funny nonetheless. I've been contacted by a few Japanese fans about my own website. It was inevitable that people from around the world would take notice of fansites in other languages. I know I've visited my share of German, French and Japanese sites over the years and translated info with babelfish :)

That's the understatement of the century, given what Bandai has done with your fanart :lol:

this sucks, i didn't get translated. my life has no meaning. :ph34r:

well, that's what i get for just saying "Sheryl!" on my post. arg. all those wordy posts in other threads, and i picked this one to be a retard. :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

Ummm, yeah it is kinda suspiciously familiar isn't it?... <_<

Well we'll know for sure if Bandai contacts Marchycrayola for the hires versions of his colored Valks for larger poster art... B))

? Please clarify how you guys know it is MrMarch's colourizations, and not the originals? One would think that colour versions of lineart existed before in the Macross series... heck, look at Macross Chronicle.

I must have missed that. What's the story?

It was this:

azrael

グレイスに投票した人が1人いるぜ・・・たぶん女ぺてん師が好きなんだよ。

Which is a translation of this:

1 person voted for Grace....I see they like their fake women.

Check this out:

http://seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf_poll_2

It's the last Macrossworld poll on our favorite Frontier girls, and someone actually went to the trouble of translating our comments into Japanese.

Is anybody else a little weirded out by this?

I knew there was a first part of this where they translated one of my Sheryl comments, here it is:

http://www.seichi-nippon.com/anime/macrossf_poll_1