YF-19 neck hinge recast :-)

DyNo

Well after seeing all the cracked YF-19 neck hinges and since I just got my yf in the mail, I decided to make my own recast of them..

[attachmentid=41911]

[attachmentid=41948]

[attachmentid=41912]

I've been transforming it over 20 times now and So far so good.

Ok... If anyone is interested, please PM me. A set will be $6.00 shipped in the US.

Sets still available...

Thanks.....

post-2356-1176159589_thumb.jpg

post-2356-1176159598_thumb.jpg

post-2356-1176333336_thumb.jpg

Edited by DyNo

I really do not have any problems with the neck hinges of my YF-19(transformed it for a week or two everyday. So far so good... :D), but since freak accidents always happens(especially with ME. *sigh*), Put me on the list if you decide to sell them. But since I live in Malaysia, there's probably shipment cost involve, right?

Altho I suppose if you broke yours, a resin replacement is better than nothing, but how durable is your resin? Most resin is relatively brittle... and brittle is the last thing that part needs to be...

Yes I know most resins are relatively brittle and with enough force I can snap these little parts too. This stuff

is no performance urethane resin by any means..

I'm using Smooth-Cast 321, from what I can tell seems to be holding up just find. Since I now know how to transform the YF the right way, I see no reason why these shouldn't last for a while.

Edited by DyNo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...