I've watched the original Japanese version of it.  My curiosity got the better of me.  I've not tried to see what Robotech has done to that.  It really wants to be Flashback 2021, but it is clearly not.  I didn't care for it for whatever reason.  :unknw:

18 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

AKA being stunningly and embarrassingly full of crap. If HG could make money on that, they'd have no need of RT.

Come to think of it... them "promoting" RT was exactly that all along, right?

So was the tax avoidance scheme that Frank Agrama got convicted of... selling the rights to shows to shell companies he and his partners owned in tax havens at a huge markup, writing it off as a loss, and pocketing the proceeds.

5 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Don't forget that Love Live Alive reuse that came out.  Or probably better if you do.  I've not even tried to watch it and from the amount of mentions it gets (none that I am aware of) nobody else has either.

Eh... almost nobody really counts that as a new production, because all they really did was dub over the original MOSPEADA: Love Live Alive with a minute or two of new animation and then market it as a glorified extra features disc with a re-release of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles.

4 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I've watched the original Japanese version of it.  My curiosity got the better of me.  I've not tried to see what Robotech has done to that.  It really wants to be Flashback 2021, but it is clearly not.  I didn't care for it for whatever reason.  :unknw:

At this juncture, I'd like to point out that MOSPEADA: Love Live Alive predates Macross: Flash Back 2012 by two years.

Love Live Alive came out in 1985.  Flash Back 2012 came out in 1987.

So it's not that Love Live Alive wants to be Flash Back 2012... Flash Back 2012 was Love Live Alive: but Better.

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Eh... almost nobody really counts that as a new production, because all they really did was dub over the original MOSPEADA: Love Live Alive with a minute or two of new animation and then market it as a glorified extra features disc with a re-release of Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles.

But this is RT we are talking about...

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

But this is RT we are talking about...

Yeah, but even they mainly marketed it mostly as a glorified DVD extra feature... entertainingly as "new" and "never before seen" for something that'd been fansubbed on YouTube for like fifteen years by that point.

Edited by Seto Kaiba