Hi-Metal R

joppewo

So Milia showed up today and I have some critiques of it.  The plastic on the HMR line isn't nearly as high quality as on the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1's and I feel like the combination of tone and plastic quality makes Milia appear extremely cheap.  If it weren't for the fact I like to keep the Husband/Wife team together I'd probably sell her.

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

So Milia showed up today and I have some critiques of it.  The plastic on the HMR line isn't nearly as high quality as on the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1's and I feel like the combination of tone and plastic quality makes Milia appear extremely cheap.  If it weren't for the fact I like to keep the Husband/Wife team together I'd probably sell her.

this is why I'm only getting CF, Destroids, and enemy mecha.  There's just something about the non-valk mecha in this line... they feel different.

5 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

Oh nice. My MyKombini pre-ordered Millia seems to be moving now, and they actually refunded me the excess shipping costs for shipping it.

Same here. I actually had a moment of panic when I saw the email saying that MyKombini had issued me a refund. I was worried that they had cancelled the order entirely. Then I opened it up and saw that the refund was only for 640 yen. Just to verify, I looked up the tracking number and saw that the package was on the way. Crisis averted. :)

My Milia came in today and as some people said of the HMR Max, it's VERY gray, not even close to the white it should be.  Though I passed over the HMR Max since I had the original HM and after giving it a repainted chest gap filler from a 1A, I've been perfectly content with it.  So the way it is now I kinda like it, since Max's colors are correct and Milia's livery is similar but different.  I know some people would get annoyed if their M&Ms weren't perfectly matched (understandably so), but I kinda like the variation.  Plus, it makes me think of an inbetween/compromise of her original Valk and the black stripes it had in M7.

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

Same here. I actually had a moment of panic when I saw the email saying that MyKombini had issued me a refund. I was worried that they had cancelled the order entirely. Then I opened it up and saw that the refund was only for 640 yen. Just to verify, I looked up the tracking number and saw that the package was on the way. Crisis averted. :)

Mine had no local span, just showed up at the airport. Where it still seems to be. I'd hoped it'd be airborne by now, but oh well. Hopefully it gets here early next week.

27 minutes ago, RyuRoots said:

My Milia came in today and as some people said of the HMR Max, it's VERY gray, not even close to the white it should be.  Though I passed over the HMR Max since I had the original HM and after giving it a repainted chest gap filler from a 1A, I've been perfectly content with it.  So the way it is now I kinda like it, since Max's colors are correct and Milia's livery is similar but different.  I know some people would get annoyed if their M&Ms weren't perfectly matched (understandably so), but I kinda like the variation.  Plus, it makes me think of an inbetween/compromise of her original Valk and the black stripes it had in M7.

I'm keeping a pair of HMR M&M's how they are.  My HM VF-1J Max will be my white striped version with a corrected chest stripe.  It will have TV colored Fast Packs.  My extra HMR VF-1J Milia will be repainted white everywhere that is gray.  It will also have TV colored Fast Packs.  That way I can enjoy both versions.

I might still do this easy custom VF-1J from M7 if I get another one but for now the fourth VF-1J Milia that I'm getting will be converted into the red VF-1S from VF-X2.  Ooh more Destroid variants.

IMG_0910.JPG.fa3ac23f8a09dea8ea902cbbc623d729.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG.f9fe5461ace224c1aaeae23dedb15dc2.JPG

Edited by sh9000

Mine arrived Thursday but just now opening it. Finally have M&M. Hurray I guess? I think I hate the feet most of all.

58df3a41257f2_HMRMM1J.thumb.jpg.ceaffb22c03971883df7195095262716.jpg

They're decent enough toys for slumming it up, but I would rather have the far superior 1/60 versions. Still waiting for Arcadia to reissue them. Come on, Arcadia!

Make Arcadia Great Again! #MAGA

18 minutes ago, jenius said:

I love M&M but the HMRS are my least favorite renditions. 

Like all VF-1 HMRs, I think they're made to look the part, no to be masterpieces. Their strongest suit is to be a part of a larger line. I'm not crazy about the VF -1's myself, but next to the support and enemy mech, the whole set looks great. I'm looking forward to put a nice diorama together with these one day.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy
Edit: Grammar