Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Guest davidwhangchoi

'Dual Reaction Missile -Completed test output.'

I don't get it thou. Isn't it the same mold?

you know what that means... Max and Miria supers are ready! jk;)

Makes me wonder if maybe they weren't able to bring over all the old molds, but were able to keep the original CAD models. If forced into a bankruptcy damage control situation, it might make sense to just abandon the assets that would be the easiest to remake.

I honestly don't know though. Given that they're unpainted, I'm personally hoping for a plain white strike pack kit. :) I'd love to make a couple of custom sets for the VF-1 kits I have, and white's a lot easier to paint over than dark blue.

Just by looking at the image, it's 3d printed/gray primed. but the design is identical to the old one.

So I guess you're right. But then again, why don't they upgrade a little here and there and make a new mold if they gonna do it any ways? v.2 is nice and all, but it still has some room to improve.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are those pictures being taken? Seems unlikely to be the Arcadia showroom since there are a Bandai YF-29 Durandal and VF-27 Lucifer displayed on the right wall in the second picture.

According to the google translator the text reads:

Luxury VF deformation exhibition now

so it seems like some kind of Macross the Deformation or something. :D

Love the first quote:

Ramp⁈ of mystery

It is a ramp of mystery indeed. :)

Its the Macross the Museum display that opens this friday.

Don't you people read the front page or something? Sheesh. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

http://www.macrossworld.com/4799/macross-the-museum-11-vf-1s-cockpit-planned/

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39176

Just asking if these 30 valks are leftovers from Yamato or a new release by Arcadia.

At the risk of getting rotten tomatoes flung at me across the internets....I Hope there is more to the Macross "museum" than Yamato valks......I know they are popular and people were panic buying them and all.....but you can go to so many sites including Macross World to view much more inventive "displays"..... :(

Hope there is more original artwork, cels, paintings, vintage toys, books, posters, etc........oh....wait.....isn't that the typical MW Con? :rolleyes:

Just asking if these 30 valks are leftovers from Yamato or a new release by Arcadia.

They are Yamato leftovers, posed so that they gradually show how the transformation process works.

At the risk of getting rotten tomatoes flung at me across the internets....I Hope there is more to the Macross "museum" than Yamato valks......I know they are popular and people were panic buying them and all.....but you can go to so many sites including Macross World to view much more inventive "displays"..... :(

Hope there is more original artwork, cels, paintings, vintage toys, books, posters, etc........oh....wait.....isn't that the typical MW Con? :rolleyes:

Actually the main thing is really just the cockpit. With the valks being side-decoration. Its not a dedicated space or building remember - its an exhibit in another artists museum after all.

Having said that, got my overnight bus tics and event tic for next month so Im all set :-)

They are Yamato leftovers, posed so that they gradually show how the transformation process works.

Actually the main thing is really just the cockpit. With the valks being side-decoration. Its not a dedicated space or building remember - its an exhibit in another artists museum after all.

Having said that, got my overnight bus tics and event tic for next month so Im all set :-)

So this won't become sort of a "travelling" exhibit like the Gengaten ones?

So this won't become sort of a "travelling" exhibit like the Gengaten ones?

Nothing of the sort has been announced yet although, given the logistics and the relationship between Tezuka/Macross and the fact that they are holding it all the way out in Hyogo in the first place - my guess would be that it's going to be another one-off event.

Yup, nothing but toys there... except that very first photo Reivaj posted clearly shows a giant piece of artwork

Edited by Mommar

Wasn't that Osamu Tezuka Museum flooded during last Tsunami?

No, it's located in Takarazuka, which is nowhere near the tsunami area.

You are most likely thinking of the Ishinomori Shotarou one, which is in Ishinomaki, one of the worst-hit areas.

That's the one, I haven't seen it before.

It's the inner cover for the remastered DVD from 2007 or so.

• 3 weeks later...

【☆アルカディアブース物販情報第1弾☆】 此方のアイテムを販売いたします!さて・・・ここでクイズです、此方は何でしょうか?答えは明日公開予定です!

adjIu3JH.jpg

Arcadia on Twitter

translate.google.com :

We sell items of [☆ Arcadia Booth product sales information the first bullet ☆] this one! This is a quiz here ... Well, this one What? The answer is coming tomorrow!