IXTL

Ugh, I just notice the black NUNS plastic is missing a chunk of plastic! Thought I was slightly lucky to not have those pieces broken too. LOL triangles broken, NUNs broken, and missing torso piece. -_-

Any kind souls (in the US) that have an armada and just going to leave it in plane mode, willing to send me the torso piece that is under the cockpit for $10, PM me.

I'm about to go back to fighter...as the more I handle battroid the less I like it. The legs are too stiff and the chest is just a mess. The whole thing is just floppy and unsatisfying to pose. Anyway, ill see how my triangles hold up.

Yeah I also find as long as you tab the back section in right the toy handles fine in battroid mode. Only thing that really bugs me is the filler piece under the cockpit always moves back up on me while handling the thing.

Yeah I also find as long as you tab the back section in right the toy handles fine in battroid mode. Only thing that really bugs me is the filler piece under the cockpit always moves back up on me while handling the thing.

The back tab has nothing to do with it, its the chest. The back tab will pop out pretty easily, though. The best way to handle it is by grabbing the leg joint. I'm not crazy about the arms either. Plus the way the head just kind of floats around. It's just a weird battroid.

It looks good, and it's not terrible.. but like I said, every time I pick it up I like it a little less.

For the neck, I use the front panel on top and not underneath. There is actually a little cutout for a tab on the bottom of the front neck part to fit which makes it look a bit more solid. When I talk about the back, there's a part near the crotch back there that also tabs in and the upper back. It may take some fiddling but it does lock. The swing bar for the legs has to be in the right position though to achieve this lock.

Here is what I meant about the neck, please excuse the dust :p

IMG_01161_zps98fcd1ce.jpg

Edited by Loop

Mine is now in storage but the last time I handled it the chest seems to sit firmly once you lock the whole thing together. I think the crux for the Battroid-Mode is to tab the main body into the plate where you slot the gun-pod in in Fighter-Mode. I find this tab very annoying because if you fold the nosecone in the wrong way you cannot lock it together making the whole chest area a floppy mess. Once it's connected with the "spine" everything is nice and solid.

The downside of this mold clearly are the die cast metal hip bars because they don't lock in position firmly and since the ball-joints where the legs connect with the hip bar are so terribly tight posing the legs is tedious because moving the legs always pops the hip bar out of position. This is really prevalent when posing the toy on the stand because there you always pop the toy out of the stand rest when moving the legs. Also transforming is scary because the legs have to rotate almost 180 degree and I fear that I break the hip bar one day if the joints not wear down quickly. :p

Looks like a Spoke too soon, when to put my first one in Gerwalk from Batt mode and the grey plastic that hinges the shoulders to the cockpit

completely broke off, fighter mode forever.

Why do I keep buying these, damn you Bandai!

Holy crap. You mean the middle hinge that is pivotal to the transformation?

Holy crap. You mean the middle hinge that is pivotal to the transformation?

Yes, and it was fine the first two transformations, but it completely sheared off, there's not even white stress marks to the area.

It just Rice Krispie'd me.

It can still hold together in both modes tabbed in, but it's now in permanent fighter mode, there's too much stress on the other

connected side to change anymore.

So, anyone (Veef?) doing shapeways parts yet? I now have one cracked NUNS and one fully exploded NUNS. The best part is that I was going from fighter to battroid, moving the parts very slowly and carefully to see where the problem might be, and without feeling any resistance whatsoever half of the NUNS panel went flying across the room and the rest of the bits crumbled out later.

Earlier in the thread someone said that they contacted the guy and he said negotiations broke down and he wasn't selling the parts.

As a side note, I repaired my NUNS triangle with Tamiya extra thin cement. So far so good, although I only had a crack and a small piece broken from it...

My NUNS triangle is in four pieces. I tried to fix it with standard Crazy Glue but it didn't hold together at all, like I was using water. I'm really curious what kind of plastic these black parts are cast in if Crazy Glue wont hold it together. :huh:

As for the guy selling replacements, I wouldn't waste my time or money on getting exact replacements for the triangles because the same breakage would probably happen. Until someone makes a Shapeways replacement my 171 is going to look a little strange without his shoulder pads.

Edited by eriku

My NUNS triangle is in four pieces. I tried to fix it with standard Crazy Glue but it didn't hold together at all, like I was using water. I'm really curious what kind of plastic these black parts are cast in if Crazy Glue wont hold it together. :huh:

As for the guy selling replacements, I wouldn't waste my time or money on getting exact replacements for the triangles because the same breakage would probably happen. Until someone makes a Shapeways replacement my 171 is going to look a little strange without his shoulder pads.

Try the Tamiya thin liquid cement (it's about $5 at hobby stores), it fuses the plastic together nicely (it's ether PVC or ABS, not sure which). It melts the plastic a little at first, you'll need small tools like a tweezers or small needle nosed pliers to place the parts directly after applying the glue, otherwise you can smudge the plastic permanently if you get a finder print on it.

I'm not sure Shapeways will work on this, the parts are very small.

Bottom triangles broke now, and a little U shaped clip came out of somewhere.

In all likelihood I'll probably just throw this piece of crap back into it's box and be done with it.

Hey, maybe Bandai will do a 171 Renewal some day! <_<