IXTL

Are you F*%#ing kidding me. Saw them available about a half hour ago. Thought no way not for $253. Thought about it some more, and decided I might as well order it and could cancel if I decide it is too much later...besides there are 28 units there....go back to order and there feaking gone again!! Aaarrrg!

As a note to our lurking scalper "friends" that probably are using us as a way to get a heads up as to what's available and where...you will NOT get my business ..never have never will.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Are you F*%#ing kidding me. Saw them available about a half hour ago. Thought no way not for $253. Thought about it some more, and decided I might as well order it and could cancel if I decide it is too much later...besides there are 28 units there....go back to order and there feaking gone again!! Aaarrrg!

As a note to our lurking scalper "friends" that probably are using us as a way to get a heads up as to what's available and where...you will NOT get my business ..never have never will.

Chris

It might not necessarily mean they're sold out. NY does have a habit of pulling down preorders multiple times to bump up the price. It might go back up again with a few more units soon.

246.15 and still up

I am guessing they require payment upfront?

Toy collectors have no problem paying up front since they want the toy. On the other hand, scalpers will not pay up front since they don' t want the toy. They just want money.

I wish NY would require payment up front. In a way, they are helping scalpers and hurting collectors.

I'm pretty sure otacute aint going up anytime soon as it's already nearly midnight on a Friday in Japan...well..unless somebody is at work.

There's only one other instance I know of when preorder for macross stuff went up around midnight japan-time and that was in the middle of the week, not a Friday.

I'm pretty sure otacute aint going up anytime soon as it's already nearly midnight on a Friday in Japan...well..unless somebody is at work.

There's only one other instance I know of when preorder for macross stuff went up around midnight japan-time and that was in the middle of the week, not a Friday.

I will stopped reloading otacute then. With my luck that means otacute is going up right after that. Everyone else please get ready...

Otacute opened preorders for either the 25F or the RVF in the middle of the night Japan time. Forgot which one but it was recently.

that middle of the night thing was a fluke. Otacute has only opened it at 11:00 EST once, and that was a re-open.

Do some searching around. there are even official statements from Otacute on when they open preorders usually.

I predict we won't see anything happen until Sunday night.

Edited by Duymon

Guest davidwhangchoi

Otacute will not be doing pre-orders for the VF-27 with super packs....I asked

whaaat??? when did they tell you?

all the past two sleepless nights in waiting (for Otacute) just went up in smoke!

after the initial shock wore off:

anyways, thanks jvmacross for the heads up!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's prolly for the better. My wallet already is gonna take a hit getting the hobbysearch and HLJ preorders. The third one will not happen I guess :(

Wow. Seeing that they were able to sell all the other vf VERY quickly, it can't be that they are dropping the item for lack of consumer interest/money to be made.

...It really has to be that they can't get any units for it, doesn't it?

Now I'm really worried about my rvf-25 and vf-25f at otacute...

It's prolly for the better. My wallet already is gonna take a hit getting the hobbysearch and HLJ preorders. The third one will not happen I guess :(

At least you got pay-later preorders. My AE and Cdjapan ones demand payment upfront--and exchange rate was not as good on May 8.

Edited by royard

Fixed.

I'm not sure about that. At my work there is a SAP tool that works correctly only when accessed through the Internet Explorer.

However that has nothing to do with the VF-27. :D

Toy collectors have no problem paying up front since they want the toy. On the other hand, scalpers will not pay up front since they don' t want the toy. They just want money.

I wish NY would require payment up front. In a way, they are helping scalpers and hurting collectors.

Hmm...you got a point there....

Y

Why not? Otacute could sell their entire stock to NY at MSRP and make more money than selling themselves since they normally offer a discount. NY still make 4000 yen each.

At MSRP or higher (or even lower); That's a possibility in a grey market for sure. We've all been talking about how NY gets their stock in this thread so that's an obvious possibility and we all know that. 'sides, Loop was just breakin it up with a little levity :)

Y

At MSRP or higher (or even lower); That's a possibility in a grey market for sure. We've all been talking about how NY gets their stock in this thread so that's an obvious possibility and we all know that. 'sides, Loop was just breakin it up with a little levity :)

A little levity is all I got cause I have not been able to place an order :)

*cry*

I really don't know what to say. Contrary to what people have been joking about, NY CANNOT have bought Otacute's stock, because Otacute has to be really dumb to sell the most wanted item in an entire month to a competitor. If people get their vf-27 at otacute, they will also be more inclined to buy other stuff to save on shipping, or simply because they appreciate that otacute allowed them to get it without too much loss of sleep.

So this has to be lack of stock. However, HLJ filled many orders here, and NY only raised the price by 2500~4000, which indicates a good amount of availability. I'm really confused by the conflicting signals here.