Well the Riot Control Storm Trooper showed up today. I forgot I had pre-ordered it. It's a Storm Trooper with a shield and baton. Could have easily been an add-on set like Macross Armor. It's cool looking but since the new movie is terrible in my eyes I just don't feel much affection for it.

Hmm, Figuarts going back to IM1 and doing the Mark 3 armor.

Yeah that was announced a while back, they're putting out some older armors in order to further flesh out everyone's collections before they fully announce and reveal the hall of armor setup. I don't think we have a Mafex thread, I found most of their figures to be terrible anyway, but these look intriguing.

MAFEX-Star-Wars-Scan.jpg

MAFEX-Deadshot-Scan-2.jpg
MAFEX-Deadshot-Second-Preview.jpg
Edited by Tking22

Well, I'm happy about the Mk3, that's my favorite movie suite so I'm sold.

I'm not a DC fan but that Dead Shot figure does look pretty great. I suppose I'd be happy about somebody finally releasing a nicely poseable Rey figure but I just don't care about those movies anymore. I'll stop at the Figuarts First Order Heavy Soldier and pull out of the new Trilogy until I can see whether Rian Johnson can make me like these new movies again.

I'm stoked to pre-order AOTC Obi-Wan though, that was my favorite look.

My favorite Ironman was the crappy one he pieced together in the beginning of the first film, but this one is a close second.

And by the way instead of stating that there is no mafex thread, maybe you should start one. They seem to be making more and more figures and some of them are different offerings than other toy lines. I'm sure as the line grows and quality gets better people will appreciate upcoming news for these items.

I'm sold! It's the cheapest way to collect the IM Armors than doing the Hot toys way. ;)

I just hope we get more accessories such as the arm missiles, hip flares, shoulder micro missiles besides those blast effects.

BAN161167.jpg

BAN161168.jpg

BAN161169.jpg

BAN161170.jpg

BAN161171.jpg

BAN161172.jpg

Photos from TagHobby.

Btw, somebody on the TagHobby site commented regarding the joints of Figuarts. How bad was it?

2016/06/25 10:33 - Guyver

Bandai.. you should do diecast joint like metal build. I have mine with the joint breaking off so easily.. most of the shf cannot last long.

Edited by no3ljm

^No issues with any of my SH Figuarts, but I only keep them in static poses, not a lot of play, if any, or wear and tear. And a ton of them still MISB.

Only ones opened are Iron Man armor and Star Wars figures.

That's also the first I've heard or read of any issues Noel.

-b.

I'm sold! It's the cheapest way to collect the IM Armors than doing the Hot toys way. ;)

I just hope we get more accessories such as the arm missiles, hip flares, shoulder micro missiles besides those blast effects.

It's not the MK3 but if you're looking for all of those extras at that size this is your guy.

http://news.toyark.com/2016/06/20/comicave-studios-iron-man-mk-43-112-scale-hand-gallery-207891

Edited by Mommar

Does your Tevo Ultron's arms rotate forward? I can't do that with mine, the damn shoulder joint pops off if I try to rotate them foreward.

Damn you making me open my mib Ultron. ..... :D. No problems rotating any of his joints. Sounds like you got a lemon.

I don't own the ultron, but my daughter and I have have a few figures from dbz, Starwars, Avengers, Naruto, Sailor Moon and others. The joints on those are probably some of the most reliable and they are fairly durable. We've never had one break. I can't say the same for figma or neca. The revoltech ones haven't broken on mine, but have been loose enough to just fall apart and I don't have any mafex figures yet. Anyway the sh figuarts joints don't worry me at all.

Iron Man Mark III and Episode II Obi Wan went up tonight.

As I type this sold out at AmiAmi (ha) and Iron Man Hobby Search (they still have Obi Wan), but both still available at HLJ.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike