I'm still torn on the SoC remake for the same reason, it sure looks pretty and it's nice to see a great game get that much love but with so much detail you lose some of the details and feel the original had. I was watching this video recently and some of the side by sides just feel wrong to me.

The SoTC remake looks gorgeous, especially in the cinematic mode. My one wish though is that they would have thrown in one or two of the removed colossi in as easter eggs.

So I'm finally playing Bloodborne (love it, though that goes without saying), and I keep coming back to this. frakking love me some Plague of Gripes. What's that smell???

https://www.dualshockers.com/xenogears-artists-20th-anniversary-figure-artwork/

DVugWXDUMAAJ3UP.jpg

DVugYp1VMAEJwaI.jpg

"Ishigaki-sensei also contributed by showing what appears to be a drawing overlayed to a prototype of a figure of Fei’s Weltall, alongside the artwork used to create it (third and fourth pictures). He also mentioned that it’s “coming soon,” encouraging fans to wait just a little more."

HNNNNNNNNGGGHHHH

---

In other news, I spent the past five hours or so playing DB FighterZ with my friends. I got the hang of it almost immediately and went UN. DE. FEA. TED.

Really awesome game. I won't get in-depth time with it until my copy gets here, though, which leaves me with some time to build up the thirst again.

I also picked up a fightstick alongside the game - Newegg was (is?) having a DBFZ giveaway with certain fightsticks, so I went with a Qanba Crystal. The order was placed yesterday, and showed up this afternoon. How they managed that, I don't know, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. It's a nice stick from what I can tell, though I haven't had much experience with them in like fifteen years or so.

I actually got it for SFVAE, not DBFZ. DBFZ played really well on a controller, but I've never been able to play SF well on a gamepad. Something about using the shoulder buttons as regular attack inputs just never sat well with me.