DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I'm somewhat surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

VF-25S preorder available on Play-Asia.

Cheaper than NY too. as far as I know at a slight mark up over MSRP, with no limitations (which makes me wonder if they can even secure any stocks).

http://www.play-asia.com/dx-chogokin-macross-frontier-vf-25s-messiah-valkyrie-ozma-lee-cu-paOS-13-49-en-70-81rx.html

Cheaper than NY too. as far as I know at a slight mark up over MSRP, with no limitations (which makes me wonder if they can even secure any stocks).

http://www.play-asia.com/dx-chogokin-macross-frontier-vf-25s-messiah-valkyrie-ozma-lee-cu-paOS-13-49-en-70-81rx.html

Well shoot - just placed my order.

Thank you!

-b.

Thank you SaitouSad for the link.

In case anyone is curious, shipping rates for play asia to US: No cancellations or returns

Eco air box up to 21 days $25.90

Fedex eco 3-5 days $37.90

EMS Speedpost 3-5 days $40.90

UPS 1-4 days$45.90

Fedex 1-3 days $54.90

Edited by wmkjr

Thanks for the link, got a 25S shipped for NY's price!

I'm good now!

* note that FedEx Econ and Priority have the same time length when you deal with Asia to US

Because the routes are all the same. So if your buying from them go with fedex Econ.

Edited by skullmilitia

So $183 ems, pay up front.

I think NY with registered Air is $210

Not bad.

If I understood their policies correctly they don't charge up front if you use a Credit Card vs. PayPal. I used a CC and when I check the order status on their page it shows as not paid (just an authorization to make sure the card is legit).

First time ordering from them, although I've heard of them before. Anyone with prior experience can correct/add info.

-b.

Payment upfront sucks, but less than $170 shipped is pretty damned good; and since the invoice was in USD, no PayPal and Bill-Me-Later option is available, for which I opted. Thanks for posting the link.

Now to decide if I should pay for the one I have with N-Y when they request payment or if I just let that slip in lieu of requesting a cancellation... still have not decided if I wont to get two or not, but now I have the luxury of time.

If I understood their policies correctly they don't charge up front if you use a Credit Card vs. PayPal. I used a CC and when I check the order status on their page it shows as not paid (just an authorization to make sure the card is legit).

First time ordering from them, although I've heard of them before. Anyone with prior experience can correct/add info.

-b.

Use them now and again. Used to use them while I was still in the UK. Didn't need them after I moved overseas, but they are quite a trustworthy company. Problem is, will they be able to secure the stock, considering the limited nature of this valk? With video games, they are usually open for preorders on limited or hard to find items only when they have it close to release or in stock, so with the Ozma, I have no clue how they will secure their numbers.

Maybe it's a sign Bandai are changing their production numbers, as I know Play-Asia don't usually do POs for valks.

Use them now and again. Used to use them while I was still in the UK. Didn't need them after I moved overseas, but they are quite a trustworthy company. Problem is, will they be able to secure the stock, considering the limited nature of this valk? With video games, they are usually open for preorders on limited or hard to find items only when they have it close to release or in stock, so with the Ozma, I have no clue how they will secure their numbers.

Maybe it's a sign Bandai are changing their production numbers, as I know Play-Asia don't usually do POs for valks.

Good information, guess time will tell how this goes. I know people on the boards have used them before, but I know I never played attention because they're not one of my "go-to" vendors.

Now I wish I'd read the feedback. :lol:

-b.

Same, though reading their page info seems encouraging, since they offer a 6 month warranty on anything that isn't software. Good news with Bandai, though you might still need to return it at your own expense.

I opted for Paypal out of reflex, but if they have a good reputation, I'm not too worried. There's a fairly clear option to cancel or modify orders up until they're shipped, and if they wind up not getting enough stock, it should just be refunded.

I'm done with preorders though, picked up a few to resell, and might keep one for myself. Hope I didn't overdo it! :lol: I imagine there will always be a demand for this one though, so I'm not that concerned, and we won't know who can actually fill their orders until release happens.

Edited by Chronocidal

Payment upfront sucks, but less than $170 shipped is pretty damned good; and since the invoice was in USD, no PayPal and Bill-Me-Later option is available, for which I opted. Thanks for posting the link.

Now to decide if I should pay for the one I have with N-Y when they request payment or if I just let that slip in lieu of requesting a cancellation... still have not decided if I wont to get two or not, but now I have the luxury of time.

Just ordered mine there! Also :

pre Not yet published or released. We do not charge your credit card before pre-orders are being shipped. In stock onNov, 2014

:)

Just don't pay your NY invoice. After 3 days they cancel it for you.

It says no cancellations or returns. So I assume you can't edit the order.

Just ordered from Play-Asia. Wow, I haven't used my account there in ten years.

So I guess I'll just let my preorder at Nippon-Yasan slip; $215 N-Y vs. $183 P-A. Is there any penalty at Nippon-Yasan for cancellations/non-payment of preorders? I have Masterpiece Bumblebee preordered with Nippon-Yasan and I'd hate to lose it due to backing out of another preorder.

Edited by Drad

Just ordered from Play-Asia. Wow, I haven't used my account there in ten years.

So I guess I'll just let my preorder at Nippon-Yasan slip; $215 N-Y vs. $183 P-A. Is there any penalty at Nippon-Yasan for cancellations/non-payment of preorders? I have Masterpiece Bumblebee preordered with Nippon-Yasan and I'd hate to lose it due to backing out of another preorder.

Don't worry about it man, I've canceled like 10+ items from NY, and I still have an open account.

I'm surprised they don't think I'm dead yet.

Don't worry about it man, I've canceled like 10+ items from NY, and I still have an open account.

I'm surprised they don't think I'm dead yet.

did you contact them to cancel or just ignore the payment invoice?

Thanks for the link, will try my luck with AA.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Yes-Asia, but it is rather strange that the pre-orders are still open for the 25S - especially after the link showed up here on the forums.

I know there are lurkers that post nothing but follow these threads on how and where to buy.

-b.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Yes-Asia, but it is rather strange that the pre-orders are still open for the 25S - especially after the link showed up here on the forums.

I know there are lurkers that post nothing but follow these threads on how and where to buy.

-b.

I did some searching around, and I see no evidence of play Asia canceling orders or not honoring pre-orders.

How do we know that they are the ones getting most of the stock which shorts the other companies?

I'll stay cautious.

ummm pass..

History favors the bold my friend. B))

I did some searching around, and I see no evidence of play Asia canceling orders or not honoring pre-orders.

How do we know that they are the ones getting most of the stock which shorts the other companies?

I'll stay cautious.

Yeah, I tried to find some "bad news" as well but the only thing I could dig up was how high their prices can be.

I'm more confident than not, but I absolutely will continue to watch my normal spots to see if/when orders open back up.

-b.

History favors the bold my friend. B))

Yeah, I tried to find some "bad news" as well but the only thing I could dig up was how high their prices can be.

I'm more confident than not, but I absolutely will continue to watch my normal spots to see if/when orders open back up.

-b.

The reason you can't find much info on not honouring preorder is because they usually don't do items which get shorted like valks. I'm certain that it's one of two possibilities now:

A) Bandai are printing valks like there's no tomorrow

B) Play Asia have no idea that stock will be tighter than a squirrel's nuts

The reason you can't find much info on not honouring preorder is because they usually don't do items which get shorted like valks. I'm certain that it's one of two possibilities now:

A) Bandai are printing valks like there's no tomorrow

B) Play Asia have no idea that stock will be tighter than a squirrel's nuts

They have a decent amount of DX figures on the site, it looks like they raise the price after release.

I also see that people complain, that playasia will cancel orders and raise the price on high demand items.

So it could all go wrong.

However, it does show that they don't allow cancellations easily. So take notice.

I just doubt they will have enough stock. At least with us lot, we don't believe they will, and we don't want to be unsure whether or not we have secured one. November is a long way away, so it's nothing but speculation, and that's what we spend 90% of our time doing before each release anyway ;)

I'm perfectly okay paying their current price, if they can fulfill the order I placed.

Looking at their options and help pages, canceling or modifying an order looks pretty simple, but I don't know how it would apply after payment has already gone through. I might email them to ask about switching to a credit card payment.

I just wish the preorder windows weren't so long.

As far as them being a reputable retailer though, I figure the worst case is that they can't deliver, and have to cancel my order, and refund the charge to paypal.

Edited by Chronocidal