I seriously cannot find Prime anywhere. However, with tickets to comic-con this week I may luck out with one of the vendors there. They may also have the buster Prime I missed out on, so it could be a toss up as to which I pick.

Junkion news is awesome. I'd be a little pissed if they just recolored scrapheap. I want a new junkion head! Damn that soundwave is pretty sweet....

I may be being optimistic here, but do you guys believe that with enough modding and utilizing parts from the ROTF leader prime, it would be possible to make that Dual Model Kit prime transformable? It seems from looks as though the ROTF leader and model kit prime share similar looks and proportions, so I was planning on seeing if making the model kit prime transformable (I like the model kit aesthetics a lot better...)

I imagine the answer is probably no. The parts on the model kit likely don't make up anywhere near what you'd need for the full truck, and you'd have to add joints/hinges in addition to chopping up the model. You'd likely have to utilize a ton of leader class pieces as well. and really for the amount of money and time invested to even attempt to mash two toys into one, you might as well just commission the most bad ass paint job ever for a leader prime

alternatively you could get a Peterbuilt 379 model that's in scale with the dual model kit, paint it up like primes alt mode, then just pretend that one transforms into the other.

I imagine the answer is probably no. The parts on the model kit likely don't make up anywhere near what you'd need for the full truck, and you'd have to add joints/hinges in addition to chopping up the model. You'd likely have to utilize a ton of leader class pieces as well. and really for the amount of money and time invested to even attempt to mash two toys into one, you might as well just commission the most bad ass paint job ever for a leader prime

besides, the early video reviews show that the dual mode prime is pretty fiddly when built and might have some fragility issues. It doesn't look like that kit would be that forgiving to kit bashing of that magnitude.

The new toys for Transformers Prime are looking awesome. Specially voyager Prime and Bulkhead.

Hope they finally show Leader DOTM Megs. Both rumors I've read that talk about new movie Leader figures agree on Megatron as one of them.

One of "them". Has there been a confirmation of the existence of more than one new leader class? Here is to hoping for a sideswipe or better designed prime....a guy can dream :p

Oh and regarding the kitbash, I think all of you guys are right. Kit looks way to unstable for kitbashing.

Edited by Archer

One of "them". Has there been a confirmation of the existence of more than one new leader class? Here is to hoping for a sideswipe or better designed prime....a guy can dream :p

Oh and regarding the kitbash, I think all of you guys are right. Kit looks way to unstable for kitbashing.

One rumor comes from Seibertron: Megs and Shockwave.

The other from the Spawn.com forums from the guy that got his hands on the first voyager Shockwave way before anybody else: Megs and Ratchet.

Add salt and the "kids don't buy Decepticons" mantra.

Shockwave turns into... whatever, so it would be a waste. Cool robot but a rubbish Alt mode that doesn't even appear in the movie.

Ratchet has appeared on all the movies and turns into something... but can't fix scrap. Boring also but it could turn out cool.

Conclusion: we need Blackout/Grindor. Helicopters have room for lots of gimmicks for the kiddies and awesomeness for the adults.

Unicron is glorious, all the Prime figs are amazing (especially voyager Prime), and I managed to score a buster prime today at comic con. Good way to start, though I missed a TF pannel in my hunt for Optimus.

Conclusion: we need Blackout/Grindor. Helicopters have room for lots of gimmicks for the kiddies and awesomeness for the adults.

because a dude who died in the first film from a grenade launcher to the crotch and his twin brother who had no lines, less screen time and wasn't even named in the film makes more sense than Shockwave or Ratchet (or any character who actually showed up and had dialogue in in DoTM).

I think Blackout is cool, but there's no way where seeing a leader class toy of him. Personally I think a leader soundwave makes more sense, seeing as how he's actually in the film, has a fair amount of screen time and actually does stuff while he's on screen. Also a leader soundwave would actually be relatively in scale with deluxe laserbeak.

Which Decepticon transformed into the Mercedes SLS AMG? Didn't quite pick that up whilst watching the movie...

By the way, I just found this:

power-up prime (stage 1) front

Its from Frenzy_Rumble, the guy that does crazy customs. Looks pretty cool B))

Edited by Archer

Yeah I know Blackout is just nerd wishes, a very demanded but still a nerd wish. But Shockwave

actually does a lot less than Blackout

. As for Soundwave, his satellite form had a big impact on the second movie (one of the very few good parts). On the third it was mostly Laserbeak hogging the action.

More really good stuff for TF Prime coming. Voyager Skyquake and Deluxe Knockout look very nice. Heck, except for Voyager SS (the deluxe looks almost the same), they all look kick ass.

Liking HA DOTM Leadfoot too.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/sdcc-2011---hasbro-trasformers-panel-live-172879/

Edited by Twoducks

Which Decepticon transformed into the Mercedes SLS AMG? Didn't quite pick that up whilst watching the movie...

By the way, I just found this:

power-up prime (stage 1) front

Its from Frenzy_Rumble, the guy that does crazy customs. Looks pretty cool B))

That was

Soundwave

Ratchet has appeared on all the movies and turns into something... but can't fix scrap. Boring also but it could turn out cool.

Hoping for Ratchet. I'm kinda sick of his Movie 1 voyager class mold...It's been used every movie (and was even recolored/rereleased again last fall or summer).

PS: If that Unicron's eyes light up green, I'm going to be so mad at Takara.

Edited by jwasko

Ratchet needs a human alliance. Leader would be waaay out of scale with anything but leader bumblebee.

Even Leader Ironhide is larger than he should. Still hoping for a good leader Megatron...

That Unicron is pretty boss, and I'd definitely get him if I didn't have one already. But I picked up the Armada/Universe 2.0 reissue, and I really can't convince myself that I want to spend the money on a more move-accurate repaint, especially with his colors so muted compared to the Takara release. I mean, I think it looks better than the Takara version (the Takara version was too dark and too orange compared to the on-screen version), but I think it's less distinct when compared with the Armada version.

I doubt it. The deluxe version is very tiny in alt mode, like scout sized, but in bot mode is taller than Classics Starscream.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/434771-transformers-prime-deluxe-class-starscream.html

I assume it's the same with the Voyager - small alt mode but regular/standard voyager height in bot mode.

Voyager Megatron in the DotM line is like that too.

Edited by eriku

Finally got home so I could unbox my prize from comic-con (buster Prime)and he really is an unsung Masterpiece. The same could be said of the original, but the paint/chrome work and the buster just make it amazing. I didn't think I'd ever get one, but seeing it there in person was just too much for the wallet and the Optimus fan in me to take. Once the sideshow Maquette shows up I'll have quite a collection of Prime stuff going...probably have to build a special case for them or something.

Finally got home so I could unbox my prize from comic-con (buster Prime)and he really is an unsung Masterpiece. The same could be said of the original, but the paint/chrome work and the buster just make it amazing. I didn't think I'd ever get one, but seeing it there in person was just too much for the wallet and the Optimus fan in me to take. Once the sideshow Maquette shows up I'll have quite a collection of Prime stuff going...probably have to build a special case for them or something.

Holy Cow, you got the Sideshow Collectible Maquette? Lucky guy, you should definitely take pics when you get it. If you mind telling, where did you get it. My searches online showed me that they were sold out everywhere :(

By the way, come someone fill me in on what "Buster Prime" is? I have been hearing it frequently on multiple forums, and all I get in searches are a slightly better painted version of ROTF Prime....

It's an ungodly-better-painted ROTF Prime. Not slightly better. You know the people who spent zillions of hours pin-striping the fine lines surrounding the flames on ROTF leader Prime? Well, Takara went ahead and did it, but even better. And they painted all the bits Hasbro "forgot" like a bunch of the door areas that were just left clear. And the blue bits on the feet, etc. Pretty much anything that you could paint to make it better match the CGI, they did.

Mold-wise, instead of mere fuel tanks, the fuel tanks themselves transform into guns. And there's both a masked and "mouthed" version of the head, depending on which version you get.

Holy Cow, you got the Sideshow Collectible Maquette? Lucky guy, you should definitely take pics when you get it. If you mind telling, where did you get it. My searches online showed me that they were sold out everywhere :(

By the way, come someone fill me in on what "Buster Prime" is? I have been hearing it frequently on multiple forums, and all I get in searches are a slightly better painted version of ROTF Prime....

I intend on taking tons of pictures when he finally shows up and I shall share them (or at least a link to the album) here in the thread. I actually pre-ordered him directly from Sideshow. I signed up for their mailing list specifically so I could know when pre-orders opened. I was lucky enough to snag one of the sideshow exclusive versions with the swords. I basically dedicated a few hours the evening pre-orders went live, to make sure I didn't miss it.

And as David said, Buster Prime is basically the most perfect incarnation of RotF leader Prime. His paint is superb and the fuel tanks that turn into the Buster/rifle are awesome. He has chrome bits, and shiny silver paint (vs dull plastic) and amazing pin stripes on the flames, and he comes that way out of the box. I'm not sure we will ever see a better movieverse leader Prime (unless they do a true MP or a version w/o any electronics). And in case anyone was wondering, I got the stand-alone variant with the mouth showing, not the masked version from the 2 pack. There was a vendor that had the 2 pack, but it was way more than I was looking to spend.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Well my DMK01 and 02 kits are on the way from HLJ.

I'll more than likely not build Bumblebee since he appears to painting and what not to look better, but I'll build Optimus Prime right out of the box.

Will post pics when completed. Please wish the non-modeler luck. ^_^

-b.

Have had this built for about a week, just now got around to snapping some pics. I would say my photography skills match my modeling skills, so set your expectations accordingly.

As many of the reviews stated, building this was an exercise in patience as a few of the parts just don't fit that well together and if you try and get it into some dynamic poses be prepared to start putting pieces together again.

I do love the accuracy and detail of the model and I'd pay some serious coin to get a non-transformable toy representation that was as detailed.

Anyway...here are the pics.

post-357-0-39500600-1311604036_thumb.jpgpost-357-0-50799000-1311604051_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-36414300-1311604074_thumb.jpgpost-357-0-50111100-1311604139_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-59598700-1311604151_thumb.jpgpost-357-0-37537000-1311604161_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

-b.

Have had this built for about a week, just now got around to snapping some pics. I would say my photography skills match my modeling skills, so set your expectations accordingly.

As many of the reviews stated, building this was an exercise in patience as a few of the parts just don't fit that well together and if you try and get it into some dynamic poses be prepared to start putting pieces together again.

I do love the accuracy and detail of the model and I'd pay some serious coin to get a non-transformable toy representation that was as detailed.

Anyway...here are the pics.

post-357-0-39500600-1311604036_thumb.jpgpost-357-0-50799000-1311604051_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-36414300-1311604074_thumb.jpgpost-357-0-50111100-1311604139_thumb.jpg

post-357-0-59598700-1311604151_thumb.jpgpost-357-0-37537000-1311604161_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

-b.

Sweet! If I wasn't currently building my Exia, I'd start working on DMK OP RIGHT NOW! The fig looks cool even without any drybrushing and/or panel lining. All those details....

Personally, I'm going to try to dry-brush those visible parts of his inner frame as well as apply some chrome silver on his thigh parts. Those swirls on the gray plastic are driving me nuts, although they don't look quite as apparent in the photos.

Either way, awesome build! B))

Here some pictures of Buster Prime

I got one recently from this malasian site. They still have it in stock for $130 + shipping in case anybody is still looking for one.

Edited by Limbo

Looks like at least some of the comic con exclusives are available at hasbro's online store.

Thanks, I might get the Thor figure.

To bad the skystriker Starscream is Out of stock.

Sweet! If I wasn't currently building my Exia, I'd start working on DMK OP RIGHT NOW! The fig looks cool even without any drybrushing and/or panel lining. All those details....

Personally, I'm going to try to dry-brush those visible parts of his inner frame as well as apply some chrome silver on his thigh parts. Those swirls on the gray plastic are driving me nuts, although they don't look quite as apparent in the photos.

Either way, awesome build! B))

Thanks! I gave some hard thought about trying to paint or drybrush some parts but I really didn't want to risk it since I have no real previous experience with models.

I still have the DMK02 Bumblebee kit that I haven't even taken out of the box that I might experiment with, especially since it didn't get all the chrome and paint app love that Prime received. Plus it's cheaper and the last time I looked more readily available for purchase in case I screw it up.

Good luck with yours!

-b.

*edit for some spelling and grammar :wacko:

Edited by Kanedas Bike