Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Took me around 20 minutes to get it back into fighter mode this morning, even though I did it in around 5 yesterday. :wacko: I don't know why, but the legs just did not want to line up with the tabs.

You should keep transforming it until something breaks so you can add the vf-19 to the sig. Make a game out of it and see if you can break a record in the number of seconds it takes to transform from mode to mode. Then upload the recording to youtube. When it breaks yamato have an idea of how many times their stuff can be transformed and improvements can be made. Face it. We are just experimental lab monkey for when they finally perfect the durability of these and can give us the yf-19 version 2 with a "problem free" sticker on the box and "gauranteed it can be transformed up to 500 times before cracks" warranty. (which only the japanese buyers will be allowed to take advantage of and send spare pieces due to manufacturing defect)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Gotta say after multiple trasformations, nothing is broken on mine.

1) The Wing root joints are perfect on mine, no cracks or stress marks and hold up the wings perfectly in battroid with no sagging.

2) The Gerwalk leg joints (behind the intakes)are likewise perfect. I always transform this joint on any VF in a controlled and careful manner and have never had a problem breaking it. Photos please.

3) The crotch piece is fine on mine. Don't see how this could have a problem.

4) I have no idea what peice of the nose you guys are saying you have broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Photos please.

Really, I still think you guys must be a bunch of 300lb ham-fisted gorillas with acid extruding fingers and not actual real people.

The thing is I've actually met Renato a number of times, and yes just like 'Revenge of the Sith' Vader, he does have small hands :) I do however suspect that he is actually some sort of were-beast, that transformings into a hulking, toy-destroying monster whenever he gets his hands on a toy.

I also find the transformation to and from battroid easy, although I would recommend following the instruction manual the first couple of times until you know it by heart.

Graham

post-11-0-74935500-1306026406_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-14663000-1306027092_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-43139100-1306027096_thumb.jpg

are the elbows double-jointed?

No, they are not, but if you pull up the bicep cover, there is another joint under that, which gives you a wider range of movement. See the 2 attached photos, which show (1) the bicep cover up showing the second joint and (2) the bicep cover down.

Graham

post-11-0-79715800-1306029447_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-22228400-1306029452_thumb.jpg

I still say in the week our so I have had this toy, it is as close to perfection of any toy I have ever handled from any manufacturer.

It certainly knocks the socks off of any of Bandai's Macross efforts.

Yamato have come such a long way.

Graham

2011 is the year of the battle of the forward swept wing VF toys. Yamato's 1:60 scale VF-19 Fire

Valkyrie VS Bandai's 1:60 scale DX YF-29. Which shall win? Both companies have improved in recent years. Stay tuned for the reviews. One shall stand & one shall fall!

Nice sig graham.

My bet is yamato kick their butt. I'm not a fanboy for either of them so I like it when they have to work hard to get attention.

Bandai beat them in the VB-6 monster department though. So they shouldn't rest easy.

And you could argue bandai kicked thier butt on the small scale toys.

Bandai HiMetal line >>>> GNU line (yamato should have followed toynami's direction in making transforming banpresto sized robots imo)

If yamato ever want to make small PT toys, I would like to see if they can compete against bandai here. All they have to compete with is toynami (lol) and revoltech valks and banpresto (most hated toy on these boards).

We know people want an army of cannon fodder valks fighting in battroid mode. This is what collecting is all about. Tiny little guys of good enough quality fighting against the battlepods on the ground in a wargame simulation to train their valk pilots how to fight in battroid mode. It's not just about flying a plane and launching a missile from a long distance. You got to fight effectively at close range from the ground against the enemy ground mechs too.

I really hope Yamato has set a standard in Macross toys that Bandai would feel ashamed not to meet.

Bandai has all the resources. Top-notched people. It only depends on whether they care or not.

I still have high hopes for the YF-29. We'll see if Bandai already gets serious.

Just comparing the VF-19Kai with the YF-19BoP , which is supposed to be one of the best of the YF-19 variants and there is just no comparison. The YF-19 is full of gaps, ill-fitting, poorly sculpted (large gullet) and does not lock together at all by comparison.

Yamato really does need to go back and apply the lessons learned from the VF-19Kai to an all new YF-19(V.3).

But first they should finish the VF-19S/F/P and VF-17S/D.

So locking forward to the Blazer.

Graham

Wow that elbow thing is genius...

Remember when were all waiting for the 1/72 ver.2 YF-19 and after a looong wait they announced the 1/60 instead... Now we another 19 out. I'm so down for a ver3 YF 19.

Wow that elbow thing is genius...

Remember when were all waiting for the 1/72 ver.2 YF-19 and after a looong wait they announced the 1/60 instead... Now we another 19 out. I'm so down for a ver3 YF 19.

So am I, but I'm expecting another year and half at least before we see a prototype. There's just a few other valks in the current pipeline, not that I'm complaining of course.

Still, I like to be pleasantly surprised, though I like my current YF-19 so not too fussed.

Bandai HiMetal line >>>> GNU line (yamato should have followed toynami's direction in making transforming banpresto sized robots imo)

this is a stupid comparison and bringing it up constantly isn't going to make it any less invalid. The GNU line is in no way shape or form comparable to the Hi-Metal line. The two have completely different design goals, target markets and price points.

the hi-Metal line exists as an attempt to salvaged the failed VF100 line, and beyond that is meant to offer modern, intricate transforming VF's at a smaller size and lower price point than the current crop of High end DX's and Yamato's who's prices are spiraling upward with every release. The GNU where never intended to fill this niche, they where meant to compete directly with Kaiyodo's Revoltech line, offering highly poseable figures that forgo transformation in order to achieve greater anime accuracy.

If you're going to compare a Bandai product to GNU, the appropriate line would be the Robot Damashii series, which likewise offers poseable, show accurate figures that don't transform.

The GNU line was definitely not without it's flaws (they where way overpriced for what you got and the expensive fast pack sets where stupid) but not being tiny, crappy transforming toys what not one of them.

Also the Toynami 1/100's where absolute crap. :p

Edited by anime52k8

Just comparing the VF-19Kai with the YF-19BoP , which is supposed to be one of the best of the YF-19 variants and there is just no comparison. The YF-19 is full of gaps, ill-fitting, poorly sculpted (large gullet) and does not lock together at all by comparison.

Yamato really does need to go back and apply the lessons learned from the VF-19Kai to an all new YF-19(V.3).

But first they should finish the VF-19S/F/P and VF-17S/D.

So locking forward to the Blazer.

Graham

You've just convinced me to possibly skip the Bird of Prey and just wait for a V2 1/60 YF-19. I LOVE the sculpt of the battroid mode on this Fire Valk...I like my valks chunky and the Excalibur never looked good skinny, reminded me of an EVA. Who designed this? SOLID? T-Rex? Did Nishikawa have a hand in it? Seems that the designer(s) definitely knew how to pair great toyetic qualities with the overall silhouette of the Excalibur in all modes. By toyetic, in no way do I mean that in a bad way I've actually thought that was the best direction to go in for a while now(the VF-11 and V2 1/60 shoulders issues aside, seemed to go in that direction).

this is a stupid comparison and bringing it up constantly isn't going to make in any less invalid. The GNU line is in no way shape or form comparible to the Hi-Metal line. The two have completely different design goals, target markets and price points.

the hi-Metal line exists as an attempt to salvaged the failed VF100 line, and beyond that is meant to offer modern, intrict transforming VF's at a smaller size and lower price point than the current crop of High end DX's and Yamato's who's prices are spiraling upward with every release. The GNU where never intended to fill this niche, they where meant to compete directly with Kaiyodo's Revoltech line, offering highly poseable figures that forgo transformation in order to achieve greater anime accuracy.

If you're going to compare a Bandai product to GNU, the appropriate line would be the Robot Damashii series, which likewise offers poseable, show accurate figures that don't transform.

The GNU line was definitely not without it's flaws (they where way overpriced for what you got and the expensive fast pack sets where stupid) but not being tiny, crappy transforming toys what not one of them.

Also the Toynami 1/100's where absolute crap. :p

You say I can't compare them but money is money. Any money people didn't spend on a non-transforming (but accurate-to-lineart) toy, is money people could have spent on bandai HiMetal. In the same way money you spend on a 1/60 yamato vf-1 might be money you didn't spend on 1/100 himetal with fast packs. That's how I like to see it.

Use your head. What matters in the end is the $ and imo yamato should have followed the direction toynami took. The reason is because if they can make better valks than toynami or bandai, they can pwn in two lines/scales. (remember there is this perception that bandai is much more interested in milking their gundam lines and ignoring macross for ages, yamato can be there for the dry periods when bandai quit making 1/100 valks)

Despite most of us not liking toynami all that much you have to admit that line is great cheap alternative for people who are not crazy about the details and accuracy but just want something to mess around with like a hasbro transformer or something like that. After all this is a place where people still bought the overpriced CMs Legioss And Tread just because they knew it was a sturdy build and had no QC issues (mostly design issues with the link up to tread) despite lacking detail. (toynami version looks better because "it isn't skinny" looks more detailed, but breaks easier.)

People say all kinds of stuff on the boards and sometimes they whine about little things, but really the money they spend shows what they support and the real proof. If yamato makes a 1/100 PT VF-0 (they can just analyze what bandai did right with the 1/100 vf-1 hi-metal, in the same way bandai probably looked at the yamato konig monster for help to do theirs) and uses the mac zero license to do ALL the variants we saw in the OVA, then I bet you'd cave and buy it, despite there already being 1/60 versions. (which I might add are the size of a 1/48 VF-1. Japanese people live in shoeboxes dude, space is everything. Cost might not be as much an issue. And some of us just like the idea we can display a group of average-detailed small guys together)

One thing that shocks me is how many people ended up buying the cheap mospeada ride armor toys despite knowing a superior Beagle Ride Armor in bigger size was going to be made. I'm still unhappy that there are no more future releases for this. :( Could it be because the smaller toys were "more collectible" and they knew they could get all of the characters variant bikes more easily?

I think this is why a yamato line of VF-0 valks in 1/100 would be awesome because of two reasons:

-it would go well with the bandai 1/100 VF-1 toys

-more affordable and within the price range of more-casual buyers

-a good experiment to see how good they can make small scale stuff that can transform. Toynami have done theirs, banpresto did theirs, bandai did theirs, now I just want to see if yamato can do it. If it fails then they can go back to super-posable non-transforming stuff.

If they can successfully do good 1/100 they can release enemy mecha like the Qrau in this scale and make it super-posable and stuff. (I think 1/60 is too big for that. The joints in the hips on mine are floppy. I DO appreciate it being within scale to all my other 1/60 toys though)

A 1/100 bandai hi-metal VF-1 fighting a 1/100 yamato qrau would be great for display. The Qrau I have takes up a bit too much space imo. For a non-transforming basic mecha it could be done well at a smaller size.

I know toynami 1/100 are not the best but what if bandai decide to scrap this 1/100 HiMetal line altogether, yamato would then have this market to itself for those who prefer a smaller toy collection so they can get as many variants as they can? (the type of guys who are not concerned with all the cool gimmicks we get in the 1/60 toys? in similar fashion to all those guys who bought tiny ride armor toys over the big Beagle Ride Armor one that cost loads of money.)

Can anyone confirm... if you can use the newer Yamato stands for this? This one

All the promo shots seems to use the older one.

I doubt the newer Yamato stands will work with the VF-19 Kai. Those stands only work with something as light as a v2 1/60 VF-1 without FAST Packs, anything heavier and they topple over. And the VF-19 is a heavy toy.

In my opinion those new stands are poorly designed and not suitable got 1/60 VF toys. I personally fast prefer the older launch arm stands as they as fast more stable.

Graham

Thanks Graham.

I thought that might be the case based on what i've read elsewhere, but i wasn't sure since there are pics on the Yamato site of a YF-19 and VF-0 on them.

I've emailed customer service just to see what they say about it anyway.

The launch arm stands aren't easily obtainable right now are they?

Looks like i'll have to get some more FlightPose stands instead.

Edited by kurdt_the_goat

You say I can't compare them but money is money. Any money people didn't spend on a non-transforming (but accurate-to-lineart) toy, is money people could have spent on bandai HiMetal. In the same way money you spend on a 1/60 yamato vf-1 might be money you didn't spend on 1/100 himetal with fast packs. That's how I like to see it.

And all the money I spent this week on ThreeA toys is money I could have spent on a VF-19kai, and instead of getting a new laptop last Christmas I could have picked up an SDF-1. does that mean instead of making large scale perfect transformation Macross toys they should be Making super weathered, non-transforming Vinyl Valks and capital ships with internet access?

Yes, there is always going to be more crap on the market that you want than you can actually afford, and people are going to have to pick and choose between disparate things based on which one better fills their unique set of needs and criteria for assessing value. That DOES NOT mean that it is in any way a fair comparison to take two toys that have completely different design goals and declare one superior to the other just because you happen to be part of the market it's targeted at or because you perceive the market that it's aimed at to be more substantial.

Use your head. What matters in the end is the $ and imo yamato should have followed the direction toynami took. The reason is because if they can make better valks than toynami or bandai, they can pwn in two lines/scales. (remember there is this perception that bandai is much more interested in milking their gundam lines and ignoring macross for ages, yamato can be there for the dry periods when bandai quit making 1/100 valks)

Ok, now you're just changing the subject completely. Could Yamato be successful now with a smaller, cheaper PT line now? maybe. could that have been successful with a smaller, cheaper PT line 3 years ago? maybe, but a lot less likely. Right now, if Yamato where to do a 1/100 line, it may sell well as it's getting to the point where their current release are becoming prohibitively expensive. although at the same time, Bandai's own line seems dead in the water and we can't say for sure what killed it. I'd argue however that a smaller PT line in '08 wouldn't have done all that well. At the time, prices where still low enough that people weren't clamoring for a cheaper alternatives. the untapped niche at the time that Yamato thought would be profitable was was small possible figures that didn't compromise appearance for transformation.

Of course, all this has nothing to do with your initial assertion that the Hi-Metal line are better toys than the GNU because you happen to prefer small transforming toys to small non-transforming ones.

Despite most of us not liking toynami all that much you have to admit that line is great cheap alternative for people who are not crazy about the details and accuracy but just want something to mess around with like a hasbro transformer or something like that.

Except for the part where you can't mess around with a toynami as their about a 95% chance it will disintegrate as soon as you start handling it. The only reason anyone put up with them at all was because they where absolutely dirt cheap by transforming Macross toy standards. A yamato 1/100 wouldn't have been even close to the sub $20 prices you could get a toynami for and while it would have undoubtedly been more sturdy, it still isn't going to be as rugged as a $20 transformer.

After all this is a place where people still bought the overpriced CMs Legioss And Tread just because they knew it was a sturdy build and had no QC issues (mostly design ones with the link up to tread) despite lacking detail. (toynami version looks better because "it isn't skinny")

people bought the CM's legioss/tread because they where the first to market with a modern tread and toynami's QC is absolute crap. I have no idea how that relates to anything that's been talked about in this thread so far.

People say all kinds of stuff on the boards and sometimes they whine about little things, but really the money they spend shows what they support and the real proof. If yamato makes a 1/100 PT VF-0 and uses the mac zero license to do ALL the variants we saw in the OVA, then I bet you'd cave and buy it, despite there already being 1/60 versions. (which I might add are the size of a 1/48. Japanese people live in shoebozes dude, space is everything.)

actually I wouldn't as I have absolutely ZERO interest in a VF-0 (other than the 0D) outside of paring it up with my SV-51, and I'm not re-buying that beast just to get it in a smaller scale. now if they came out with a VF-0D in 1/100 and not in 1/60 i'd get it simply because it's the only option for a transforming -0D, but I'd piss and moan all over the internet about it being in the wrong scale.

I think this is why a yamato line of VF-0 valks in 1/100 would be awesome becasue of two reasons:

-it would go well with the bandai 1/100 VF-1 toys

-more affordable and within the price range of more-casual buyers

Or BANDAI could release a VF-0 in their own hi-metal line, then it would REALLY match. And while this might be a good reason to have 1/100 Yamato's NOW, back when the GNU's came out in 08 1/100 PT GNU's wouldn't be in scale with anything but Yamato's own crappy VB-6 and Toynami's even crappier VF-1 (which isn't even true 1/100 scale).

I know toynami 1/100 are not the best but what if bandai decide to scrap this 1/100 HiMetal line altogether, yamato would then have this market to itself for those who prefer a smaller toy collection so they can get as many variants as they can? (the type of guys who are not concerned with all the cool gimmicks we get in the 1/60 toys? in similar fashion to all those guys who bought tiny ride armor toys over the big Beagle Ride Armor one that cost loads of money.)

sure, If Bandai's hi-metal line proves to be dead and Bandai abandon all of it's licenses for 1/100 valks, Yamato could come in and start selling scaled down PT valks and possibly be successful (although, that assumes they can avoid the things that killed Bandai's hi-metal line). But that is a completely different situation from Yamato producing a 1/100 PT line instead of GNU three years ago when exchange rates where better, prices for valks where lower and there where fewer good 1/100 Valk toys to pair them up with. Further, it doesn't change the fact that comparing the Hi-metal line to the GNU line is an unfair comparison.

:edit:

really this should be in the hi-metal thread and not the hi-Metal thread, shouldn't it? I apologize for going so off topic, and I'd ask a mod to kindly move this post and the one it's responding to, but apparently that thread is now about the negative effects of video games on the development of children :wacko:

Edited by anime52k8

SO YEAH, VF-19 KAI... :unsure:

For those that have it, what is the glossy plastic like in person? I think it looks AWESOME in photographs. Is it a fingerprint magnet? Does it feel funny holding it (i.e. like it's greasy)? does it show micro-fine swirly scratches in it's surface? How glossy is it compared to a Bandai DX valk?

If it's as good in person as it looks in pictures then I hope they stick to glossy for the VF-19F/S remolds. (although I guess it would have to be if the finish is a product of the surface texture of the mold, and they using the same physical mode to make parts for both. :unsure: )

In my opinion those new stands are poorly designed and not suitable got 1/60 VF toys. I personally fast prefer the older launch arm stands as they as fast more stable.

The Mighty Block stand are too short and loose, but there are problems with the launch arm. The launch arm is too tall with no way to shorten it, and the hinges are too low, making it impossible to do any more dynamic angle without tipping over. The best stands are the one that came with YF-21 (1st release) and Sv51, you can do fighter mode vertical climb pose with it but it don't fit other Yamato VFs.

No, they are not, but if you pull up the bicep cover, there is another joint under that, which gives you a wider range of movement. See the 2 attached photos, which show (1) the bicep cover up showing the second joint and (2) the bicep cover down.

Graham

The forearm should be more close to the elbow joint, somehow locking in position, am I right?

Further, it doesn't change the fact that comparing the Hi-metal line to the GNU line is an unfair comparison.

Fair or not, it's reality and people do compare toys from different lines with each other simply because they might have limited resources to devote their addictions to. :)

It's like saying the "megahouse ride armor is not fair to compare with the beagle ride armor simply because one was not intended to compete with the other other by the people who made it". That's just crazy. Everyhting competes with everything else.

What do they compete for? They compete for rape time of the wallet. The people who want to "collect them all" may reason in their minds that they could never get all the characters in the beagle mospeada toyline since it would cost them too much right now while they have several other things they still want to buy at the time. So they reason "meh screw it. I'm going to skip this and be a tightass and buy the cheaper alternative", ...and due to bad timing the beagle comes out right when people already spent all their money on the smaller scale versions.

Same thing happened with Qrau when it came out during the 1/48 vf-1 period of toy collecting history. Most people like the idea of seeing something different released. (lets be honest all the VF-1 variety contains is a differt head turret lol. We don't get the variety that the transformers collectors get :D) But buying a non transforming robot over a complex robot with lots of moving parts? They might have to wait until the overpriced robot (and back then people said it was "a mchappy meal toy without enough diecast") goes to bargain bin before they sacrifice any of their precious $ which they saved for a 1/48 VF-1. The lesson? Everyone has priorities set in their "to buy" list. The money = limited resource. There is an upper limit on what people are willing to sacrifice on "new different thing" which they want but just not want that badly enough over something else which they planned to get.

Don't worry about it so much. Just agree with me that if VF-0 in 1/100 came out you would buy it up and accept the reality that if you had a choice between a GNU version and a transforming version that had the same level of goodness of a vf-1 1/100 hitmetal from bandai, then you would pee your pants and go for the more expensive (but still small and affordable) alternative. You would then poo in your pants when it was decided that they could also make the boxes smaller so shipping prices were cheap and that all the variants were planned. You would also agree with me that the complexity of the transformation is no more complex than bandai himetal and that if you displayed it together with the monster it would look great. But if it fails it was just an experiment to test whether people would be interested. (just like Qrau which was the last and only 1/60 enemy mecha yamato did - thanks a lot for showing how much you don't love enemy mecha you jerks :p)

The Mighty Block stand are too short and loose, but there are problems with the launch arm. The launch arm is too tall with no way to shorten it, and the hinges are too low, making it impossible to do any more dynamic angle without tipping over. The best stands are the one that came with YF-21 (1st release) and Sv51, you can do fighter mode vertical climb pose with it but it don't fit other Yamato VFs.

Oh yeah that reminds me:

Graham: If yamato ever decide to include stands with future toy releases later on, (like they did for the sv-51) could you ask them to make those stands clear similar to what masterpiece starscream got where the fighter kinda of looks like it is actually flying? (leave the base of the stand normal though)

When I think back to DYRL I don't see the purpose of having a robot arm to launch a valkyrie in space. Just float it around and go. What if the arm gets shot off and the claw doesn't properly release its grip? You are doomed.

I haven't gotten mine yet as HLJ is still processing it to ship I predict it's going to arrive at my day job on this Friday like all my other Macross toys have when I make a payment on Friday. I have to say Graham, that elbow reminds me of the 1/100 VF-19 Kai that Bandai made back in the 90's, of course the Yamato elbow joint won't come off during transformation like Bandais did. This also make me ponder, once I get this masterpiece, should I throw the 1/100 model away like I did with the 1/72 Bandai/Imai VF-1A/J Super Valkyrie models since I ugraded to Yamato.

I doubt the newer Yamato stands will work with the VF-19 Kai. Those stands only work with something as light as a v2 1/60 VF-1 without FAST Packs, anything heavier and they topple over. And the VF-19 is a heavy toy.

Graham

Actually Graham (should have read this first before posting.) I do have several of these, and I did use one for my YF-19 Double Nuts and had no problem as long the screw joint is tight and the arm is positioned further to the rear of the base. The pic of it is severval pages back on my 1/48, 1/60, 1/72 thread, I even have it on the stand in Battriod mode; However, though the Battroid mode is too tall for the stand so I had to improvise. But it works for the 19 as well as the 22S it should work teh VF-19 Kai as long they have the right adapters for it.

Actually Graham (should have read this first before posting.) I do have several of these, and I did use one for my YF-19 Double Nuts and had no problem as long the screw joint is tight and the arm is positioned further to the rear of the base. The pic of it is severval pages back on my 1/48, 1/60, 1/72 thread, I even have it on the stand in Battriod mode; However, though the Battroid mode is too tall for the stand so I had to improvise. But it works for the 19 as well as the 22S it should work teh VF-19 Kai as long they have the right adapters for it.

Found them, I don't know what was going on at Photobuck as I could not get the webpage to upload, but here they are

100_2720.jpg

100_2721.jpg

100_2729.jpg

100_2730.jpg

100_2670.jpg

100_2651.jpg

100_2650.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Hey! I know that guy! lol.

Wow. seems solid as an 80s toy but looks far more advanced than a modern toy. :o

but it IS a "Modern Toy" :huh:

it is a VERY modern toy, in fact... :wacko:

Edited by Shaorin

I don't know about solid as an 80s toy... it broke on the first transformation. It's ALMOST as solid as an 80s toy but there's obviously one weak point. Then again, maybe most 80s toys had at least one weak point also.

On the glossiness of the plastic - I love it but I have always wished Yamato used glossy plastic and let matte finishes to the modelers. On the Kai since the plastic is red there really isn't an issue with finger prints being extremely visible.

Edited by jenius

>snip<

No, Just... No.

SCBBWXLZ5E42XESYG2QF7ELFOOB2IFQT.jpeg

Right, well... VF-19Kai... I don't have one, and for that I am sad :(

btw, I noticed that the crotch plate now transforms the way it did on the old 1/72 scale YF-19 rather than how it did on the 1/60 YF-19 (moving down on a double hing rather than flipping over and having it's backside showing in fighter mode.) wasn't the way the 1/60 YF-19 did it supposed to be more accurate?

from Jenius' blog

Yamato-VF-19Kai-3.jpg

also, how's the color match between the painted die-cast and plastic? it looks surprisingly good in pictures.

Edited by anime52k8