Macross Frontier Movie 1,YES it is subbed now edition

sharky

I know Sheryl's supposed to provide Frontier's fanservice and all, but this statue is just a tad too much in my opinion :)

I gotta agree. With the 'Wicked Bunny', there's an element of class, even though she's dressed like Vampyrella. This one, though, just looks 'over-the-top', 'trying-too-hard' kind of suggestive pose...

1/24 17:30~ May'n Special Concert 2010 at 日本武道館 「BIG☆WAAAAAVE!!」

Sheryl‘s flower to May'n

Dear May'n

First,it's great to hear that you are holding the big live"BIG☆ WAAAAAVE"!

good luck and best wishes;I'll be looking forward to your success.

But you know this is only the beginning of your dream come true.

Just keep moving;I'll always be waiting for you"here".

ToMaynbySheryl.jpg

DVD, 5/26

gnj1001250505009-p1.jpg

gnj1001250505009-p2.jpg

gnj1001250505009-p3.jpg

I gotta agree. With the 'Wicked Bunny', there's an element of class, even though she's dressed like Vampyrella. This one, though, just looks 'over-the-top', 'trying-too-hard' kind of suggestive pose...

Yep I love the "Dark Universal Bunny" costume. In the movie it's more just made to be sexy than classy as Sherly whips her G-string tail to the camera. I don't like either of the VB-6 Konig Monster's nose art especially Sherly's since it was never in the series or the movie. The movie Konig Monster has Minmay nose art, which I do hope gets made into a figure.

Also in one of the the new hobby mags there was a new Macro Klan in fast pack armor figure. I so happy!!!!

Edited by Save

NT Feb. isssue

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%BA%F2%BB%C3%C4%...7e7ad6e75d0.jpg

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%BA%F2%BB%C3%C4%...a166b60fbd1.jpg

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%BA%F2%BB%C3%C4%...92d95ca6bd0.jpg

A MF official poster trigger BIG anger of Sheryl's fans.

http://p-bandai.jp/fcup/

改訂前シェリルVer.

シェリル・ノームノコンサートデ ハンバイサレタ カップラーメン。

シェリル・ノームプロデュースト ウタワレテイルガ

アジハ ランカノモノト オナジタメ イツワリノ カノウセイモ…

SherylNome.jpg

改訂シェリルVer.(シェリル・ノームプロデュース)

シェリル.・ノームノ コンサートデ ハンバイサレタ カップラーメン。

アジガヨイタメ ニャンニャンガ ホカノカップラーメンニモ

ヒソカニレシピヲ リュウヨウシテイルヨウダ。

SherylNome-1.png

Edited by kresphy

I know Sheryl's supposed to provide Frontier's fanservice and all, but this statue is just a tad too much in my opinion :)

I agree too, I don´t like the black bunny costume too much either, but this is worse and not just because of the clothes but because of the pose and the bullet.

Which official poster? i´m curious to see it now :p , oh and by the way, the first three images are not working any more, if it´s not much trouble could you please fix the links?

i have a question, how much time normally pass between the release of an anime movie in theaters and then to DVD/BD?

Can we expect the DVD version around june or july?

i have a question, how much time normally pass between the release of an anime movie in theaters and then to DVD/BD?

Can we expect the DVD version around june or july?

I have honestly no idea But Evangelion 2.0 which came out in theatres the 27th of june will see a dvd release sometime in the spring. Roughly around 9 months. So maybe june-july is about right.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way, as much as I love fanservice and "nose art". Though I find removing the bullet makes it look a lot less ridiculous (conversely, viewing it from the side with bullet is a million times worse ^_-).

This gets asked practically every page so here's my pre-recorded response:

We don't have a DVD/Blu-Ray release date yet SO STOP ASKING. When we are informed of a home video release date, someone will post it here or in the Scoopa thread.

I like to see battles and gunz and shell casings not sheryl over the ammo.

I mean basically I have been a mech fan and robotech fan since 1980s i was born in the seventies, early seventies. And nothing could make me happier than to see great flying transforming robots and missles and lasers.

I liked the last movie it had a lot of this but to much romance for me especially in the the middle of alien war.

I need more shooting more mech types good graphics "in which it did have."

And the robotech cycles need to come back!!! That idea was the best !!!

Now that I look at it, that was pretty damn tasteless. It was made very nicely but... that's part of her character that makes me jump between my preference in regards to her and Ranka.

Now that I look at it, that was pretty damn tasteless. It was made very nicely but... that's part of her character that makes me jump between my preference in regards to her and Ranka.

Seriously, it's supposedly to be a NOSE ART.

Go google "nose art" image and see what you come up with (make sure to turn off filter).

The figure/artwork of Rise Up-Sheryl is suppose to depict how members of SMS would use her likeness on their war-machines. It's not depicting how she would act in the story line.

Unless you guys are all just being sarcastic, then I will go kick myself. <_<

Edited by nanoplasm

Seriously, it's supposedly to be a NOSE ART.

Go google "nose art" image and see what you come up with (make sure to turn off filter).

The figure/artwork of Rise Up-Sheryl is suppose to depict how members of SMS would use her likeness on their war-machines. It's not depicting how she would act in the story line.

Unless you guys are all just being sarcastic, then I will go kick myself. <_<

I get it and I appreciate the design for what it's supposed to be for too. It's certainly clever, I still think it is tasteless though and it just brings up all the images of the horribly scantily clad Sheryl we already have. Sheryl is marketed as a sex symbol in the story and I don't have to reach too far to imagine her in a photo shoot -in character and in story- doing exactly that. It's just unattractive in a character and I hold the same feelings for our own pop stars nowadays. I generally don't like the combo of songstress and stripper in one person so it's a detraction from Sheryl's character for me.

To sum it up: I don't really care for Sheryl using her body image to boost her network sales.

To sum it up: I don't really care for Sheryl using her body image to boost her network sales.

Not sure this is a fair criticism.

It's my understanding that nose art is practically used to identify friendly units, though it has evolved to express individual identity and provide psychological protection in battle (thanks wikipedia!).

Also, nose art is typically unofficial so don't judge Sheryl too harshly for this image.

note to self - defending animated characters on the intar'web'nets prolly means you need more fresh air

I think it's accurate. She is clearly over-sexualized as part of her Idol image.

And I'm not judging her too harshly at all. I mean, I know her character shows most of it when she's on stage already and the nose art is nothing official (I don't think? Anyway the Nose art simply brought the issue of her Idol image to mind) but like I said in another thread, I like Sheryl despite that. But it does indeed detract a bit from her character appeal that she goes with that type of modern promotion for her music career. I still like her and Ranka the same when all is said and done.

note to self - defending animated characters on the intar'web'nets prolly means you need more fresh air

I guess I'm worse for making comparisons between Sheryl and pop whores of the day. (Note: Sheryl is in no way a whore)

I have absolutely ZERO interest in all the scantly clad Sheryl poster, files, writing boards, post cards, mouse pads, towels, body pillow, and what not. And I could care less about any of the fan service in the series, since the story would be the same without them.

But Rise-Up is a figure I am getting simply because it's a nice sculpture that's a good representation of real-world nose art on war planes, which is a form of artwork I am interested in and have appreciation for.

Yes, the cast-off parts are a bit tasteless.

I bought my figures before realizing her clothing are cast-off parts, and nor do I have any intention of displaying the sculpture with the clothing off.

Not trying to deter you from purchasing it or anything. Have at it! It is a very nicely made Nose Art like I said, and certainly fitting for such a use regardless of whether or not it's tasteless. I can recognize Nose Art as a legitimate form of expression and I'm not trying to degrade it's importance to people. The art just brought to mind a thought about the character it represents.

It's my understanding that nose art is practically used to identify friendly units, though it has evolved to express individual identity and provide psychological protection in battle (thanks wikipedia!).

Nope. Nose Art was strictly a morale boosting phenomenon. Basically, you'd have men stationed on military airbases for long periods of time, missing loved ones, or dealing with hormones. The further from the head office they were, the more laid back the commanding officers would be concerning personalization of aircraft. In WWII, your bomber was essentially part of the crew, so she'd be decorated to bring comfort. You'd have cartoon characters with bombs and caricatures or portraits of sweethearts. You'd also have those influenced by the works of Elvgren and particularly Vargas and would paint pin ups, such as what this is suppose to represent. Though as someone with several books detailing WWII era European theatre nose art (my grandfather was a B-17 mechanic) and a deep appreciator of pin up art in general, I can tell you that that Sheryl is perhaps a little too over the line. Pin up's tended to emphasize sensuality, without directly going into the oversexual. Sure, there was nudity, but it was more the Playboy style than the Hustler one. The worse I've seen (and someone here used as an example) was "Mount'n'Ride", where the pin up's body line followed that of a mountain with the suggestive line.

Generally the kicker here that either kills the figure or not is the phallic representation in the form of the artillery shell that she's enticing you to "Rise Up". There were plenty of bomb riders, but I've rarely seen a case of full on suggested penetration. Mount'N'Ride is the closest, and that's still lacking the physical representation this has. That might have existed in the Pacific theatre (like "The Dragon and His tail, which said dragon has a maiden in a rather lusty grip"), but otherwise that's a very modern taste take on "nose art". It's more stripper than pin up in my book. The Ranka piece is much more in keeping with the pin up concept and a fair better representation of "real world nose art". Suggestive, yet enticingly tasteful. Rise Up is quite laughable in that regard. More an amusing joke than anything, so i choose to take it lightheartedly. I'm still amazed that they made a figure of it, but after so many years of figure collecting, I suppose i shouldn't be surprised at what these Japanese companies tend to do to cater to the otaku. They hit a goldmine of sexual persuasion with Sherry's stage persona. So much of the art is of that Sheryl, and not the rather insecure character she generally was. Though, like they say, "Sex sells". Though cute does to in Japan, so it's still a little surprising. I guess they figure that market's for Ranka.

This is all about WWII nose art, by the way. In Korea and Vietnam especially, it evolved into a much more nihilistic approach. I also have no problem with the sexual nature of this figure, or others. I just don't think this fits the bill as "pin up nose art", and am a bit dejected at all those who apparently do. It's "sexy suggestive art" aping the nose art style by throwing a word banner in. It's great in that respect, but nose art is a stretch.

That said, it's a nice figure, if the eyes don't creep you out too much and you don't mind the starry breasts (which I find fit it well). The bullet's removable and improves the look considerably (just as viewing it from the side with the bullet is the be all end all of why some don't like it).

Anyway, this debate already happened on the figure thread, so I think this is getting a touch off topic.

As for the character poll, Amazing to see SEED characters on there (EDIT: just know noticed it was a decade edition). I though Japan tended to forget old news? She's being beaten by Lacus! I'm not much of a Sheryl fan, but even I have to admit that she's a deeper character than little miss perfect. Though I put no real weight into these polls anyway. Just cause you're popular doesn't always make you good. Your mileage may very. ^_^ Most of my favorites are either old and forgotten or obscure to begin with.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

We don't have a DVD/Blu-Ray release date yet SO STOP ASKING. When we are informed of a home video release date, someone will post it here or in the Scoopa thread.

Oh, and I will start deleting posts if I see this being asked again.

What you should do, is write to her publicist, I think her name is Grace. Tell her how you feel, and maybe, if you're lucky, Sheryl will even write back to you and explain that this is just a representation of her in WWII'esque art.

Seriously, you do know she is a made up character, right? I have no problem with the figure. Sheryl's character is a bit of many different types of women. Her character comes off as smart, sassy, funny, sensual, successful, emotional, and of course, hot. Her character dresses in flashy, over the top outfits, so aside from the nose art figure, I have no problem with what she wears. Her character is balanced out, and brings several dynamics to the series, comedy, drama, fan service, and music entertainment.

Thanks for sending that link. She's definitely got talent as a pop star in her own right. I bought that DVD concert of hers, and it's definitely fun to watch. I'd love to put translation to it, so that people can watch it by MW con10. Good stuff, and to see that youtube link of her before MacF, awesome.

Surprised there's no torrent of this out there yet. Anyone got a synopsis? I was expecting the first post to have a FAQ. Is this supposed to be like a DYRL-style movie in a movie treatment or more similar to the simplification that Macross Plus got with it's movie edition?

Wiki says there's a second movie coming, too.... that makes me think of an OOU nod to DYRL and Macross II.

Edited by Uxi