Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

good to hear that the prices for these have normalized... hope there will be some left by the time i go there, along w/ the 25G and the prices remain the same if not lower.

BTW, how's your 25G? i really want to get a 25G also but i'm worried about getting one w/ the reported loose groin connection. so far, from what i've read, the 25G has the most reported cases of this... and i'm really trying to avoid having to apply nailpolish or whatever... seems like all the other 25s have a more secure groin connection. thanks! ^_^

The 25G is a looser. :lol:

The groin and leg intakes are easier to fall off than the 25F. Luca's... I can't remember now; didn't pose him often as I like him in fighter mode better.

The 25G is a looser. :lol:

The groin and leg intakes are easier to fall off than the 25F. Luca's... I can't remember now; didn't pose him often as I like him in fighter mode better.

damn looser... maybe why he died? :p:lol:

guess it'll have to be just Alto then... unless i lose my self-control :D

thanks, man.

But if you really want to loosen them, just keep twisting the ball joint back and forth a bunch of times (while holding the 5 dots square block...you don't want to break the screws there like a few others, especially the left shoulder block, just in case) and it will get looser. Just make sure you don't rub off the shoulder markings by accident. The back screw is shut tight by the circular cover, so there is no way to access the screw, unless you pry or drill out the cover.

While I don't suggest doing this on VF-25 (since the shoulder screw is not accessible), seeping in some oil on the ball joint can quickly loosen the joint by reducing friction. But its a non-reversible loosening if you can't open the joint and wipe off the oil/grease. But might work well in other cases.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply... But my original intention was to loosen it so it won't wear out as fast.

The current state is unnecessarily tight... That means unnecessary fictions in place... And unnecessary wear-offs. :(

If I can loosen it like the 1/60 VF-1, I can lessen the case, and also I can tighten it a bit later when it naturally wears away.

The problem is, I don't know how to remove the shoulder cap thing for the VF-25 (if I am not told by some MWer that I can just slip if off for the VF-1, I dared not to try too). Anyone tried that?

Thanks again!

Ill say it again

How do I get into the weapons business. Triples and doubles of everything!!!! COME ON!!!

Actually, I'm in the surveillance equipment business now, not weapons anymore. Boring, but pays better.

And also, don't forget, I don't have to pay overseas shippping, so it makes stuff easier to afford.

Graham

On the first realease, you couldn't angle them out much. On the reissue, they appear to be angled out much more.

Graham

I can angle my first release out like that if I feel like stretching them. <shrug>. I like the slicked back look, though.

My VF-25G is the second tightest of my three Messiah valks, only slightly looser than my RVF-25. theyr'e both really tight in the groin though.

Much as I hate to say it, it seem groin lock tightness is a bit of a crapshoot at this point, no matter which version you get.

Unless you get the RVF-25, which seems to be overall fine.

Edited by QuinJester

Has OverDrive contact anybody about the two accessory sets yet?

I let them know ages ago that I wanted multiples and have reminded them a few times, but still haven't reecived any poayment request. I though Bandai was already taking orders for these?

Graham

For the head cannons... They were angled in too in the box. I've pulled them sideways a dozen of times before I shot the pics; and I hope it will stay that way for a while.

Wait. You pulled them sideways a dozen of times?

So they were forced into position? Does that mean Bandai didn't do any modifications?

Wait. You pulled them sideways a dozen of times?

So they were forced into position? Does that mean Bandai didn't do any modifications?

I don't quite understand your question...

The head lasers are ball joints inserted into the slots of the head... In terms of basic design, I believe it has been the same since the old version.

But did they adjust in minor ways such as angle alignment, etc... I have no idea because I don't have an old one for comparison. Sorry!

P.S. I pulled them sideways a dozen times just to "angle-out" the lasers, if I misled you to something else before.

Edited by ff95gj

Actually, I'm in the surveillance equipment business now, not weapons anymore. Boring, but pays better.

And also, don't forget, I don't have to pay overseas shippping, so it makes stuff easier to afford.

Graham

Lord of War Graham has become into Lord of Spyware. :lol:

The original's lasers aren't ball joints, just pegs. Now I have triple check after work.

Hmmm... I'll have to double-check too. But I remember it's not just a peg like the VF-1s. Otherwise I won't pull them side ways.

Ok I pulled the lasers out of the head. There is a ball at the end of the joint but it goes pretty deep inside the head. Even if I pull it out a little, I still can't make it angle out like yours. Oh well, I dunno. :(

Has OverDrive contact anybody about the two accessory sets yet?

I let them know ages ago that I wanted multiples and have reminded them a few times, but still haven't reecived any poayment request. I though Bandai was already taking orders for these?

Graham

I emailed Overdrive about this (if you recall, I previously allowed them to open up my boxes for the coupons)-- and for all those who also went the coupon route, your coupons have been sent in to Bandai-- and Overdrive just needs to know the dimensions/weight of the boxes before they can price the shipping, but they said they would be invoicing me by May 7th. Overdrive seems to be pretty busy though, maybe they are still settling in after their move?

awesome pics there, just a question, in this new reissue, does the hip armor still want to pop off at the slightest touch?

All super parts attach reasonably well, unlike my 25G.

(At least for this particular unit!)

Thanks for the pics ff99gi

That makes me REALLY REALLY want a 1/60 VF-25 Alto with Super Parts. It is the $$$ that is keeping me from it. What is the total cost to get this with the super parts?

Thanks for the pics ff99gi

That makes me REALLY REALLY want a 1/60 VF-25 Alto with Super Parts. It is the $$$ that is keeping me from it. What is the total cost to get this with the super parts?

DX VF-25F shipped? $130.00

DX Exclusive Parts? $092.00

Owning Frontier merchandise? Priceless.

I really do want to get the fast packs for the alto dx figure but I don't think it justifies a purchase price of 100 dollars U.S to get it... If I can ever find it for a reasonable price id get it but for now i'll have to pass