Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

Luca was a pretty weak character..considering the amount of character development the principle and most of the supporting cast went through. Hell, even Bobby at times was seemed to show some depth. But not Luca..no, just a shallow love interest in Nanase and playing tag-along to Michel, then Alto.

Well, bit the bullet and went ahead and placed my order with OverDrive for two of the Ghost+weapons set and one of the Fold Booster+speaker sets.

Was originally planning to get one more of each, but the higher than expected price of these has nixed that plan.

Remember the heady days before release of the DX, when we were all excited cus' these toys would be cheaper than the Yamato offereings......Hah!

Graham

Well, bit the bullet and went ahead and placed my order with OverDrive for two of the Ghost+weapons set and one of the Fold Booster+speaker sets.

Was originally planning to get one more of each, but the higher than expected price of these has nixed that plan.

Remember the heady days before release of the DX, when we were all excited cus' these toys would be cheaper than the Yamato offereings......Hah!

Graham

Ironic indeed. Though for these limited releases I think most of the money (for overseas sales) is made by the middleman, with mark up of up to 100% over the original price-- and all these profits don't go to Bandai. So I wonder why would Bandai release these as web order editions? I don't think demand for all these parts are going to be low, and things like the Alto Armoured Custom would definitely be high demand.

Since people requested pics of the clip mod (soft crotch syndrome remedy)...

Michael can now stand proud!

I apologize for the blurry pic, it was the best I could get with my lame camera skills. To elaborate what you're seeing... the two white 0.01" inch 3x5mm sheets are between the housing and the actual clip. The clip was removed then the two sheets were super glued to the clip and wedge back into the housing.

Credit goes to Dio for providing this mod!

Uhh... second pic is of me holding him by his uhh... midsection connecter (crotch), suspended nearly horizontal only by my hand.

Sorry for the late response, I've been incredibly busy with work and house hunting, and haven't gotten any online time in a while :)

PsychoD got it mostly right, though I'd also recommend snipping the exposed corners off the styrene pieces so the T-shaped groin connector can fit in ok with just the lower part of it (the part that experiences the "bite") being pinched by the grey clip. I'll take some photos when I get home on Sunday to illustrate, but I appreciate Psycho posting some photos in my absence, I hope it's helping everyone deal with their loose groins! ;)

Graham

Was originally told that Overdrive was thinking of doing a set of 3 Ghost at discounted price but they have yet to put this up on their website and may have changed their minds.

Tokyohunter is also taking orders on this but you will need to email him for price quotes.

Is it confirmed that Alto armor parts will only be sold separately as web exclusives, or did they change their mind at the last minute when it was supposed to go on pre-order?

No idea man... they were supposed to be up for pre-order ages ago but that doesn't seem to have materialised. On the other hand, they have not announced any other means of selling the Alto armour besides the pre-order. I do hope that they change their mind and do a normal release like Ozma armour though-- I'd rather they do web exclusives on lower demand stuff like maybe the reaction missiles for the armour pack, etc.

No idea man... they were supposed to be up for pre-order ages ago but that doesn't seem to have materialised. On the other hand, they have not announced any other means of selling the Alto armour besides the pre-order. I do hope that they change their mind and do a normal release like Ozma armour though-- I'd rather they do web exclusives on lower demand stuff like maybe the reaction missiles for the armour pack, etc.

It's delayed to mid-May. Think it would not be postponed again.

It's delayed to mid-May. Think it would not be postponed again.

Oh really? I guess we'll be hearing about it soon then. Thanks for the update! ^_^

SDK7.0: Even the non-exclusives are not significantly cheaper than Yamatos, even without taking the quality of paint, tampoing etc into consideration.

Was originally told that Overdrive was thinking of doing a set of 3 Ghost at discounted price but they have yet to put this up on their website and may have changed their minds.

Tokyohunter is also taking orders on this but you will need to email him for price quotes.

Great, I already preordered a set of Ghost/weapons from Overdrive, maybe they might let me change it if they offer a set of 3 discounted. <_<

Oh really? I guess we'll be hearing about it soon then. Thanks for the update! ^_^

:)

While mid-May is official information from the site, here is some more unconfirmed information. The shop I preordered said it would be released by September.

VF-25 Alto/Ozma are significantly cheaper than the SV-51's, VF-0's, YF19's.

But not VF-1 v2s, which also come with alot more accessories. Not to mention, by the time you get Super parts for those, you are looking at equal to or more than the cost of any of the valks you mentioned, even for the Japanese.

ff95gj :) you could pre-order it already? I thought the price of the item has not been revealed yet?

But not VF-1 v2s, which also come with alot more accessories. Not to mention, by the time you get Super parts for those, you are looking at equal to or more than the cost of any of the valks you mentioned, even for the Japanese.

ff95gj :) you could pre-order it already? I thought the price of the item has not been revealed yet?

Yes, I pre-ordered in a local shop (ordered all my MF web-exclusive stuffs from them).

I think the price is 6000 yen; determined from that the price of 25F, 25F Super Parts, Super 25G are 12000yen, 4000yen and 16000yen respectively, and we know that Armroed 25S is 18000yen. Believe they may be better informed, or they already charged at a premium and can absorb the difference if it turns out to be higher.

Well, my first issue VF-25F is starting to suffer crotch block unlocking in battroid mode with the Super parts fitted.

Came home last night to find it slumped backwards in the display cabinet.

To be fair, it has been transformed quite a number of times.

Haven't tested it yet without the Super Parts, hope it is still OK, as it used to be fine.

Now with the Super Parts fitted it's very difficult to get it to stay locked at all. :(

I really hope the crotch locking will be improved for the Armored VF-25S, as I imagine the weight of the back armor packs will be much greater than the Super packs.

Graham

I just learnt from TD that the price for the 25F Armor parts would be 6500 yen (information source: Hobby Japan).

It's expensive but I want quite badly for a final-assault-custom-full-armor-badass-saluter 25F. :huh:

I just learnt from TD that the price for the 25F Armor parts would be 6500 yen (information source: Hobby Japan).

It's expensive but I want quite badly for a final-assault-custom-full-armor-badass-saluter 25F. :huh:

Thanks for the update. That probably translates to about 120-130 USD from Overdrive (going by their prices for the Super parts/Exclusives)..Ouch...

Can someone / anyone help to hook me up with Alto's Super Parts? New or used is not problem. Thanks!

You could check with Overdrive if someone canceled their order or something? Otherwise, you could wait for the movie release and hope that Bandai doesn't pull another exclusive on the movie release. Or-- if you absolutely have to get it for the current releases, you could PM me-- I have 2 sets of Alto Super parts and I'm considering whether to keep both or sell one. I'm not decided though.

I picked up my Alto's Fast Pack 2 weeks ago, and last Sunday I finally managed to panel lined the FP and applied the Yellow stickers on the base.

Where'd you get the yellew stickers from? Are they from the model kit SMS action stands?

I picked up my Alto's Fast Pack 2 weeks ago, and last Sunday I finally managed to panel lined the FP and applied the Yellow stickers on the base.

I am so glad that my SMS squad is finally completed.

Do you mind sharing the template you cut the yellow stickers?

Hi Graham & Rider R,

I used yellow oracle stickers for the yellow sections of the SMS logos.

I did not use any templates, I pasted a section of the stickers onto the base and cut it to shape.

If you intend to do so i might suggest using a very sharp blade( I used a 30 degree penknife blade), I think a craft knife might be good too.

Be careful not to press too hard as it is easy to scratch the base.

Someone suggested that u could trace the logo onto the stickers then cut to shape, it sounds workable.

I thought it might just be easy if you scanned it.

Good Luck

Edited by biglizard76