Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

• 3 weeks later...

I'll probably buy whichever company makes all 4 ride armors. So far CMS is in the lead. They just need to make Houquet/Fuke however you spell her name.

And if they do hopefully they'll make the Black version that the War Documentary girl used ^_^

and when the hell is Beagle gonna show us a prototype???

Edited by chowyunskinny

Lookin good... the idea of a CF Ride Armor is good... one thing I noticed that is probably just a prototype thing... on the backpack one wheel-vent thing is down like they are supposed to and one is flopped up like they do on the Gakken... hopefully those are nice and tight and stay downwards on the real toy...

and when the hell is Beagle gonna show us a prototype???

I've been wondering that too. Because I'm so disapointed with both CMS's and Toynami's Legioss and Tread offerings (in the case of toynami the complete lack of an offering) I am hoping that megahouse or beagle will make some legioss and tread set that can link up.

Edited by GobotFool

To be honest, I kinda think the CM's ones look cheap. The plastic just doesn't look like good quality plastic. It has the same appearance that my cheap KO toys have. For the price they are asking for these toys, they should be very high quality plastic, so can anyone confirm that these things are high quality??? I know someone had said something about the booth workers showing off the figures and moving them around, did they appear to have loose joints? The only real selling point for these that I can see (since they are smaller and more expensive and in my opinion less detailed) is that they are sturdy and are able to be "played with".

Edit: With all the possible variations they can do with the Ride Armors (like the green one in that photo), these things should really be about $30. I just think they would sell way more at that price tag and then they could milk different paint schemes and "fodder" colors.

Edited by protostar8

well here's a picture from Aoshima's reissue of the Imai Kit

post-515-1199666659_thumb.jpg

looks like some Anime Magic

I don't think it could be any bigger than the inner diameter of the tire or it would scrape the ground in cycle mode

in regards to the size of these toys, according to CMS website they are 120mm which would be around 4.72 inches

Edited by chowyunskinny

Thanks for the reference pic, 'skinny.

Guess, my initial impressions about the arm armor size were wrong (wouldn't be the first time :rolleyes: ).

More than likely, I'll just wait for the reviews from you guys before I decide which of these lines to get.

I'm gonna cancel my early bird Rey CM... Not impressed enough, i was foolish to pre-order anyways.

And i HATE those photos of the Ride mode with the scraping bottom... i don't want to cancel my Rey M/House, but i might for Stick. Only wish we have a proper side on photo of ride mode for M/House. But Armour mode is awesome. I am hoping the ride mode isn't as bad as what the photos show.

They only do it to themselves, not producing better photo shoots for their products. Stupid!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

CMS cyclones are really tiny - and ugly =X

but they already have yellow's!!! a plus point for them. although i hope they improve on the looks.

Megahouse definitely win them in the looks department, cept the bikes are too small. ride armor mode looks awesome. Hope megahouse makes the legioss... or maybe Bandai... i don't care... i need a better legioss/Tlead toy/model/ watever!!11!

BTW, still no additional info about the 3 guns at the bottom of this page?

http://www.megahobby.jp/special/scoop.html

i wanna know how to get all 3!!!! :wub:

ps> eyesonme78 i ordered both from both companies too.... can't help it, they got me. i lub mospeada... :wub:

Edited by Shun

but they already have yellow's!!! a plus point for them. although i hope they improve on the looks.

Do you have a link for Yellow Belmont's Blowsperiour? (sp?) I don't think I've seen it :blink:

Megahouse have basically sacrificed the bikes scale for a superiour ride armour look. I think the bike mode looks ok with the rider standing over it, so the sacrifice is worth it to me. If the (tbc) Beagle looks good in bike mode then I will order that over the CMs which I don't think looks good in any mode. Those cad drawings on HLJ look more like the CMs/Toynami proportions.

while i can understand people wanting the figure and bike to be the same scale and proportionate to one another, who the heck here is going to display the figure and bike seperately? try no one.

the thing that makes these cool is the fact that they combined, so as long that mode looks good, i have no complaints.

Do you have a link for Yellow Belmont's Blowsperiour? (sp?) I don't think I've seen it :blink:

Megahouse have basically sacrificed the bikes scale for a superiour ride armour look. I think the bike mode looks ok with the rider standing over it, so the sacrifice is worth it to me. If the (tbc) Beagle looks good in bike mode then I will order that over the CMs which I don't think looks good in any mode. Those cad drawings on HLJ look more like the CMs/Toynami proportions.

oh i meant they have a prototype of yellow's already.

chowyunskinny's post #248 of this thread:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18251255@N00/...57603644801302/

:ph34r:

Hey found this in Hobby Japan Feb 2008.

Not sure what it is so can anyone read the words on it?

A translation would be good.

That's the Megahouse Mospeada. prototype pics of Stick and Rey's.

it says there's a special weapons playset for people who bought both items (possibly by sending in campaign coupons included in both sets - proof of purchase?).

weapons set: (bottom of page)

duh... wonder how i'm gonna get my weapons set... :unsure: these are probably japanese-only <_<

Edited by Shun

To be honest, I kinda think the CM's ones look cheap. The plastic just doesn't look like good quality plastic. It has the same appearance that my cheap KO toys have. For the price they are asking for these toys, they should be very high quality plastic, so can anyone confirm that these things are high quality???

Well, I own the patlabors figures that CMS released and the plastic is decent. I think what's bothering people with the CMS ride armor is, that like the patlabor figures, they are going for a "lets make it look like a toy from the 80s, with the shiny plastic and bare diecast parts, but with modern engineering" look. I also prefer the proportions of the rider figure in the CMS set. it doesn't make Stick or Rand look like body builders. And when they get around to making a Yellow and Houquet I definitely don't want them looking like body builders.

I hear megahouse requires some part swapping for the transformation. Generally I'm a PT nazi, so I'll accept sacrificed appearance for PT any day. While I have heard the orguss toys from megahouse were pretty good. Though i've heard spotty thing about their L-gaim releases. So before I even consider a megahouse I want to read a review.

Edited by GobotFool

That's the Megahouse Mospeada. prototype pics of Stick and Rey's.

it says there's a special weapons playset for people who bought both items (possibly by sending in campaign coupons included in both sets - proof of purchase?).

weapons set: (bottom of page)

duh... wonder how i'm gonna get my weapons set... :unsure: these are probably japanese-only <_<

Thanks for that link Shun, there are some better angles of the side view which are settling me down with me keeping

my pre-order! :) Those CADs... are they true actual? If so it's not so bad side on, it's just that the riders armour for the

legs are thick, and the tyres are too small. I too really hope the weapons set is easy to aquire, don't want to go without the

gallant or Sal-9!!! But too bad the Gallant doesn't seem to come with its extra parts.............................................. please? :(

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I just noticed something odd about the pictures. It's been too long for me to remember, but was Rei a lefty??? I ask b/c his target device is on the left chest piece while Stick's is on the Right side. Also, in some of the shots, Rei is holding the gun in his right hand while other times, it's in his left. The same goes for his ride armor. Sometimes the gun is on the left side and other times it's on the right. I'm still up in the air over which one of these two guys I want, Stick or Rei b/c I'd rather spend the $60 (for the other one) on the new TF stuff coming out in June.

Megahouse definitely win them in the looks department, cept the bikes are too small. ride armor mode looks awesome. Hope megahouse makes the legioss... or maybe Bandai... i don't care... i need a better legioss/Tlead toy/model/ watever!!11!

BTW, still no additional info about the 3 guns at the bottom of this page?

i wanna know how to get all 3!!!! :wub:

ps> eyesonme78 i ordered both from both companies too.... can't help it, they got me. i lub mospeada... :wub:

welcome to join me bro... ha ha ha

The CM reminds me too much of the old Gakken that I have plus the MH is cheaper at HLJ.

If people in America can get the weapons set then I will be getting the Rei also.

HLJ would do well to offer a two for one special with the weapons for international customers. B))