Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Personally, I want to see a darker YF-21. They've all been too light, but the new one looks the lightest. Give me Blue Angels blue or thereabouts, or maybe even slightly darker than that. It needs to be DARK blue, not a dark version of Max blue.

Personally, I want to see a darker YF-21. They've all been too light, but the new one looks the lightest. Give me Blue Angels blue or thereabouts, or maybe even slightly darker than that. It needs to be DARK blue, not a dark version of Max blue.

True about the "Blue Angel" Blue but, Japanese collectors items have a very bad habit of being too light/wrong shade

when it comes to red, blue, or purple. The companies tend to release them a shade or two brighter than any art of

the subject ever was.

For example the "Cartoon Colors" Galvatron released a few years ago. I like it's colors better than the original

(Yes I know about the UK Comic.... :rolleyes: ) but it certainly is rather lavender looking compared to the movie

and cartoon art.

post-1571-1199933196_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1199933213_thumb.jpg

wow... look at those tiny little hands galvatron has! no wonder his canon is so big.

Galvatron says "Wow look at those gigantic hands eugimon has, how is he suppose to get ahold of that tiny little cannon in eugimons omega pants" :p

Edited by misterryno

I'm glad someone new is onboard. I have a feeling less people will start waiting for the 2nd run releases from yamato from hereon out.

Diddo on that note. I am pretty sure that you are right. After this guy comes out, if it does'nt have a ton (hopefully none) of issues alot more people will be more likely to buy the first wave.

Good to know there is a new hotshot QC guy on board looking over the production. Considering how well the guy supervised over the Nora release I have more confidence in Yamato's first releases. However there is still that chance of getting a lemon, but hey its just time now to play the waiting game. By the way lets have a look see at the guy who makes the box art. Could we have his name, address and phone number please by buddies would like to have a word with him. <_< .

True about the "Blue Angel" Blue but, Japanese collectors items have a very bad habit of being too light/wrong shade

when it comes to red, blue, or purple. The companies tend to release them a shade or two brighter than any art of

the subject ever was.

I just hope it is close to the anime. Maybe they are told to make it bright for other reasons like getting attention? (like how the original gundam was supposed to be white but they went with other bright colours to make it more appealing as a toy)

If they make a non-canon dark yf-21 I hope it is as close to the gamlin vf-22 as possible.

Oh yeah BTW graham: will they eventually release a VF-22 after yf-21? Would seem a waste to not do this. This is why I think bandai having the license for macross shows isn't always a good thing because they might choose to not do anything. It wastes potential.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

One thing of interest I found out is that since the Nora SV-51, Yamato have had a new QC guy on board. I think you will all agree that the QC on the Nora was excellent and a big improvement over the Ivanov. This bodes well for the YF-21.

Awesome news Graham! Thanks for letting us know, now I feel more confident about pre-ordering the YF-21.

^_^

I've got a good feeling about this one. After all, the new QC guy is BoB...

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay children. Stay on topic.

This is on topic.

DAMN!!!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE YF-21 ANY LONGER!!! This is prob. going to be sooooooooo cool that I may not be able to handle it when it arrives and may have to leave it in the box forever. Nahhhh I will open it and pose it and love it and hold it oh so tightly that no one shall take it from me.

:ph34r:

Ok, this thread is way too long. Yamato has to release the 21 now. Graham, can you let them know how long the thread is and how the rules work? :)

I figure if we make it to 100 pages......then we'll here some sort of noise...almost like when Mario turns into Fire Super Mario and then *ZAP POW WHAMMY* we'll all get emails telling us that our orders are filled and on the way. :D

Now wouldn't that be fricken wonderful :ph34r:

I figure if we make it to 100 pages......then we'll here some sort of noise...almost like when Mario turns into Fire Super Mario and then *ZAP POW WHAMMY* we'll all get emails telling us that our orders are filled and on the way. :D

Now wouldn't that be fricken wonderful :ph34r:

Well, we'd be a closer to our goal if some buzz kill mod didn't ruin our fun. :p

I'd still like to know if the production model is going to have that glossy finish though. It's one of the things I liked about the original 1/72 release.

Edited by eugimon

Well, we'd be a closer to our goal if some buzz kill mod didn't ruin our fun. :p

I'd still like to know if the production model is going to have that glossy finish though. It's one of the things I liked about the original 1/72 release.

LMAO :lol::lol::lol: Well only 8 more pages to go till the magic WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!