Transformers Super Thread 5

From the look of Soundwave, it might turn out to be a pretty small thing. The screws on the shoulders look kind of big. So the scale probably don't look very good side by side with the MP line nor the BT line. Make Soundwave too like a little kid among the others.

He'll be like those transforming watches, just too clunky for everyday use. The headphones are even worse...

yeah, it's a an expensive gimmick. I don't think I'll be trading in my nano for soundwave anytime soon.

I plan to actually use Soundwave. Clunky? Am I the only one that remembers tooting around with walkmans and discmans? Hell, the original iPod was probably bigger than what Soundwave will be. :)

Now give us a working Blaster that plays cassette tapes and can be carried on the shoulder! :D

I plan to actually use Soundwave. Clunky? Am I the only one that remembers tooting around with walkmans and discmans? Hell, the original iPod was probably bigger than what Soundwave will be. :)

Now give us a working Blaster that plays cassette tapes and can be carried on the shoulder! :D

yes, compared to a nano, or even some of the larger flash players like a clix, its clunky.

And yeah, I remember walkmans, what was that, 15 years ago?

I want Soundwave because the fact that its an mp3 player is a nifty gimmick and, well most importantly, This is the only Soundwave with FULL ARTICULATION and a nice sculpt. Titanium Soundwave is nothing like this thing!

So I am buying it mostly on account of how well the figure turned out.It's my "classics" Soundwave

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I plan to use Soundwave as a desktop MP3 player in my bedroom. That would be sick. Hope he has a lot of memory and an LCD Display somewhere.

That's a great idea. I'm curious to see how much memory he'll have. 1GB isn't a lot these days, but he better at LEAST have that for the price. You can buy 1GB flash drives dirt cheap so I would imagine built-in memory wouldn't have that much of a cost difference.

Edited by eriku

That's a great idea. I'm curious to see how much memory he'll have. 1GB isn't a lot these days, but he better have at LEAST that since you can buy 1GB flash drives dirt cheap.

Oh, and the ability to pump out bass, or do you need external speakers?

well the only good thing about that new convoy is the new head sculpt.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/produ...ge/TAK10694.jpg

Actually, I hate that head sculpt. It doesn't mesh well, with the rest of the toy, and it apears to be based off of MP Prime who's head was probably less cartoon accurate than the original toy. The helmet brim above the eyes apears to be a constant thikness band, which screws up one of my favorite features of the original Prime head. I'm betting it's also got those notches in the sides of the mouthplate. I'm scared to death that they're going to put the same head on Encore Prime.

Soundwave looks outstanding. Doubt it has much if any built in meory. I'm guessing that it's just a basic MP3 player, (play, stop, next, last, and volume controls) that also turns into a robot.

From what I read (somewhere, for the life of me can't remember where) that he will have an SD Card slot. If that's the case, he'll be expandable up to 8gigs which even if you have a library of 200 or so gigs...>.>, you'll still be able to put a LOT of music on him.

Edit: Ok, found where I read it. BBTS says there will be a Mini-SD slot in which case he will be expandable up to 4gigs.

Edited by Chewie

Soundwave looks oustanding amazing. :lol: Prime... well... yeah... I don't really need another G1 prime with a semi decent new headsculpt. Oh well, more money to use on Soundwave and Friends.

Edited by Veritas

Why did THRUST get new molding, but not Dirge????? Dirge didn't even need all-new bits, just a few tweaks from Ramjet would have done well. And what's with the yellow intake fans/wheels?

PS---diecast on Leader Prime is pointless, but chrome would SO have me buying the JP version. That mold really needs chrome, or at least silver paint.

So last night I was messing around with my 20th Ann. Prime when I popped his head off on accident. Oh well, goes right back on, but I decided to examine it a bit more when I realized when I thought I was looking at a trick of the light underneath his face plate, I was really seeing a snarling (or teeth baring) mouth under there.

Did any else notice/know about this?

Is there a way to take his damned head apart without breaking it? The screw in the back doesn't release anything.

We all know about it, most of us (AFAIK) dislike the idea and just ignore it. I've never personally seen it on mine, as it does take effort/risk breakage to do it. There were pics from when it was just a prototype.

Anyways---Piranacon/Seacons stickers! http://www.reprolabels.com/Decepticons/ Finally! I've waited years for these! Piranacon was the last "real" G1 toy I had (everything Hasbro made afterwards was gimmicky stuff like Pretenders and Legends) and the replacement one I eventually pieced together is missing half the stickers, with the other half in poor condition. I can have a Piranacon in awesome condition with this. (I have EVERY piece, 1 techspec, Snaptrap's instructions, and 1 entire cardback) And while some may consider it sacrilege to hack away at an original G1, I trimmed and sanded down part of Tentakill's knees--you WILL break it otherwise, if you transform it a lot. Or at the very least, get a heart attack every time you hear it SNAP into position, and watch the stress-marks grow...

I don't know why Piranacon "gets no love", to me he's one of the best combiners ever--and only Predaking is bigger. He's made of 6 instead of 5, and also has a "unified" color scheme like Devastator. After much experimenting, and going by various boxart and the Japanese eps, I believe the best way to form him is:

Overbite is the gun. Nautilator is the right arm, Seawing is the left. Skalor is right leg, Tentakil is the left. This is basically how the giftset artwork shows, but the giftset only gives you 5 of the 6 (what a ripoff). They have Overbite as the right arm, and Nautilator is just gone (which sucks, as he's my fave Seacon). Make Nautilator the right arm and have Overbite as the gun. I really think that's the "proper" way for the following reasons:

1. Color. Skalor and Tentakil have the same colors (pink and magenta and blue) . Nautilator and Seawing have the same colors (teal and black and grey). Overbite is unique---teal and purple and magenta. Thus, make each pair of those guys a pair of limbs, and Overbite is the unique one--the gun.

2. He just looks better proportions-wise---nothing worse IMHO than gestalts with thick arms and skinny legs--or being asymmetric left/right.

3. Overbite is clearly the gun---he has the most gun-like gun-mode by far, especially when using the generic Seacon rifle instead of his own gun. This is not in any instruction, but it's very obvious the designer intended the rifle to be used for the gun in combined mode. Do NOT use Snaptrap's own oversized gun---contrary to every other gestalt (and the box art, and the instructions). Trust me, I've owned 2 Piranacons in my life, and spent many many hours trying every combination. (Due to having a separate gun, there's a lot more possible combinations than any other gestalt)

4. Nautilator is about the only one that can hold Overbite in gunmode without doing so at a weird angle. If you want an alternate, have Seawing as the gun.

Piranacon's so cool he gets his own logo:

So last night I was messing around with my 20th Ann. Prime when I popped his head off on accident. Oh well, goes right back on, but I decided to examine it a bit more when I realized when I thought I was looking at a trick of the light underneath his face plate, I was really seeing a snarling (or teeth baring) mouth under there.

Did any else notice/know about this?

Is there a way to take his damned head apart without breaking it? The screw in the back doesn't release anything.

I've seen a pic of it. It's pretty much the teeth arranged perfectly symmetrical, one row on top of the other. It's actually kind of scary. Neat little detail, but nothing I'd try to pry the face plate off to examine first hand.

The botcon seekers are looking pretty nice so far, but that MP3 Soundwave is way too white.

Like an earlier poster in this thread, I also ordered my Masterpiece Megatron from Big Bad Toy Store. I had my pliers ready to remove the plug after UPS delivered the package today. Luckily, that was not necessary. The plug on my Megatron was not glued in and took almost zero effort to remove (it popped right out with just the nudge of my fingernail). Just thought I would confirm the earlier post in case there are other MW'ers who either don't want to pay extra for an unmodified Megatron or don't want to wait on the second production run to get their hands on one. Also, there were almost no signs the box had ever been opened. No cuts on the plastic tray, no disfigurements to the box...only an orange notice attached to the box with two small adhesive circles. I'm very happy. :) Now, I'd be ecstatic if only I could find KISS Hot Rodimus for a hundred or less. *sigh*

BTW, is anyone interested in comparison shots of Megatron in gun mode next to a real Walther P-38? Or would the mods think that is too inappropriate for this thread? (or this board)

Melissa