Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

the shoulder is a bit weird. the shoulder pads/blades seems to be in the way, restricting movement of the arms.

the secret is to release the shoulder pads(whatever you want to call it). if you take a look into the shoulder pad, you can see theres a hinge inside of it. it looks like it doesnt move but it does.

once you release it(by pull the shoulder pad down 90 degrees), push the shoulder pad back up and lock it into somewhat the same position. if you do it correctly, it will create 1-2mm of space between the fuselage and the shoulder joint so that the shoulder pad/blade isn't rubbing up against the fuselage.

hope that helps and make sense. :)

Nora for me was an improvement over Ivanov....but i spotted a few problems on mine.

1.) Execessive paint used for mono-eye till some fell on the face below the mono-eye forming Dual mono-eyes! :lol: I used an art knife and chiseled off the extra paint. No biggie.

2.) Wings are tight....but probably too tight near the backpack area. I couldn't fold it 90 degrees like I could on the Ivanov and didn't dare to push it further. No biggie either.

You might also want to cross out #8 as well with the coming of the new VF-1 1/60 line that's been engineered for two seaters. ;)

-Kyp

hehe... yep, it isn't "official"~

I'm really impressed with Yamato these days... The hands are looking better with each subsequent release (my pet peeve with previous yamatos) and pretty much everything else in my list is being crossed out.

I got one to add though. Prices. It's about the only thing really that makes it totally sweet and honestly it's something I don't think we can expect until a competitor comes into the picture.

Anyway, good job Yamato. Bravo.

P.S. Yamato, make the vf-0D... Please. That's my personal #1 on the list.

hehe... yep, it isn't "official"~

I'm really impressed with Yamato these days... The hands are looking better with each subsequent release (my pet peeve with previous yamatos) and pretty much everything else in my list is being crossed out.

I got one to add though. Prices. It's about the only thing really that makes it totally sweet and honestly it's something I don't think we can expect until a competitor comes into the picture.

Anyway, good job Yamato. Bravo.

P.S. Yamato, make the vf-0D... Please. That's my personal #1 on the list.

Mine too

I just got my SV-51 Nora type, and I'm wondering if there's any particular trick to getting the hands tucked into their cubby slots on the leg. In fighter mode, one sits normally in its place, but the other seems to 'spring' back out slightly, with the cover not sitting flush to the leg.

I have the same issue with one hand, never figured out why though---I constantly compared to make sure they both had the fingers the exact same way, but one never wanted to stay in place. Except once. Don't know how, but I got it in place. For a while at least.

I have the same issue with one hand, never figured out why though---I constantly compared to make sure they both had the fingers the exact same way, but one never wanted to stay in place. Except once. Don't know how, but I got it in place. For a while at least.

It's driving me nuts because, like you did, I've been comparing the one that fits in right to the one that doesn't and everything is the same. Oh well.

Guys, while searching about SV-51, I found this japanese company's website:

Frex Toys

http://www.frextoys.co.jp/index.htm

VF-1 and SV-51

http://www.frextoys.co.jp/works.htm#kikaku

Looks like they are giving the CAD or similar service to YAMATO.

Could one of our japanese friends or any MWer who can understand japanese check this site and explain what's going on there ;)

Edited by charger69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No problems at all with Nora :) No problems with second edition Ivanov as far as I know...

Shaggy wings when fully loaded and left shoulder hinge (not in all batches) problems with first edition Ivanov

Edited by charger69