The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

The 3/4 elevated view from port side looks awsome. Nice and dark. Makes me forget that I already have one and want to purchase another.

Same here!!!! :D

Did more panel lining while on duty last night.

AMRAAM IIs

IPB Image

FAST Packs

IPB Image

Micro-missile pods

IPB Image

Some of the wash got into the seam lines.

MRM thingy missile pods

IPB Image

Gunpod

IPB Image

IPB Image

QF-2200B Ghost Booster

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next step: The panel lines of the 0A's fighter mode. I may not do the panel lines or wash for the gerwalk and battroid modes due to my intention of displaying the 0A in the Cobra stance.

Edited by dodgethis

Hi guys,

Did noticed something, was observing that the replacement parts for mounting the micro missile pods on the top of the fighter seems abit longer than usual thus causing the two halves of the chest area not to close fully, thus leaving a gap. Didnt have this issue with the original parts where in fighter mode the two halves of the chest close fully, leaving no gap. I had to force the two halves of the chest section to close fully, thus making the replacement part budge out abit. Wonder if this is an isolated incident

Edited by recon

I got mine too today!! - yay! first Macross thing since our baby!!! - this thread forced me to get one... I couldn't help it. Its also the first Yamato toy I've bought that I don't have Anasazi's amazing decals for yet - I hope that sorts itself out soon - cause I can't wait to do this baby up!!

Amazingly fast service, got the shipping notice June 7th, and it arrived at my door today June 13th (4-5 working days from Japan to Canada?!). Customs did ding me $40cdn for taxes and handling fee, and I was charged $60cdn from HLJ shipping - so it all cost $100 in just shipping & handling?! (Ok, I got a few other small books) Kinda steep.

Got my Shin Ghost combo yesterday afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

This would have to be the first toy/model i have bought without seeing the

anime yet lol. I will soon promise! :p patience.

Ghost looks fricken fantastic (from top in packaging) and the Zero looks sweeeet as.

I haven't had time to take them out of the box yet, and as i have been

working with chemicals i want to aquire some nice gloves (not sure which

ones, acid free gloves? have no idea lol, something CSI uses :lol:) so i can handle my beauties.

I am usually a clean freak and my hands have to be spotless before i

touch anything of my collection, but chemicals take longer to clean off

from the skin, lol my poor cat wanted a hug when i got home and just

jumped on me so guess who's fur smells like Diesel. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I received my combo last friday, transformed it into Gerwalk and Battroid, and opened the shoulders ;) . No cracks and no problems, the shoulders are fine and tight. I also didn't managed to break the catch which hold the metal pelvis bar (and there is not an horrible stress mark there, like I did have from the beginning on my VF-0A).

My only complains thus far are the rear landing gear of the Ghost, which would transform Bruce Banner into something green in less than 2.3 seconds ; and the fact that the left leg, like on my VF-0A, is still a little floppy in fighter mode (it does not hold very well to the backpack, while the right one is perfect on both).

Other than that, the toy is excellent (I like it even better than the standard VF-0A), and it looks pretty impressive with all the weapons and the ghost B)) .

Edited by Friedric P

I received my combo last friday, transformed it into Gerwalk and Battroid, and opened the shoulders ;) . No cracks and no problems, the shoulders are fine and tight. I also didn't manage to break the catch which hold the metal pelvis bar (and there is not an horrible stress mark there, like I did have from the beginning on my VF-0A).

My only complains thus far are the rear landing gear of the Ghost, which would transform Bruce Banner into something green in less than 2.3 seconds ; and the fact that the left leg, like on my VF-0A, is still a little floppy in fighter mode (it does not hold very well to the backpack, while the right one is perfect on both).

Other than that, the toy is excellent (I like it even better than the standard VF-0A), and it looks pretty impressive with all the weapons and the ghost B)) .

Well, I just got this puppy yesterday - and I must admit, the sculpt is amazing!

However, this is my first VF-0, so I'm not too familiar with it, but did notice straight out of the box that it was looser or flimsier than the VF-1. My older VF-1 all lock up so tightly in fighter mode, but this is a bit loose. Same here that my left leg doesn't hold very well in fighter mode and the intake shield falls out rather easily. Upon a semi-transformation, I noticed that the "thigh" or intake part of the leg was split down the seam, I can only hope the screw is loose and just needs to be tightened and the threads aren't stripped. I'll let you know later.

Wierd kinda flimsy or loose in some areas (nose portion of the fuselage, left leg against the backpacks, tail fins, two face shield pieces under the fuselage by the head keeps floppy out) and really tight in some (I still can't get the rear gears deployed without a screwdriver on both the VF-0 and Ghost nor the secondary hinge - smaller one in the backpack).

A newby transformation question - what happens to the front nose probe during transformation (I looked at the instructions and it just disappears from one step to another?

Hey is there a transformation video or guide somewhere or can someone help me though this. I'm pretty good at the VF-1, but the combination of loose and really tight joints have me scratching my head. In step 07 of the instructions, I can't seem to separate the forward nose from the blast shield - there is a gap between the blast shield and the chest piece, but the seam between the forward nose and blast shield is tight - where do I press?

Edited by wm cheng

I take it off for the transformation, as the mount for the pitot tube blocks the hip latch hatch from opening and I'm paranoid about the leg bar snapping the tube off... then I put it back on after transformation with the tube sticking backwards.

And yeah... the VF-0 sculpt is loose in fighter mode... if you add some layers to the leg tabs with nail polish or what have you, it helps a lot to keep the bird locked together.

Yups the legs do not lock securely to the backpack when in fighter mode, as the holes on the backpack for insertion of the horizontal tabs locking mechanism are slightly bigger. Arms on the other hand lock quite tightly together to the legs with the user of circular tabs.

As for the fuselage area, did some experimenting. Notice by forcing the chest halves to close to the minimal, the fuselage/cockpit is able to lock securely without drooping down. But the new subsitute parts for mounting the micro missile pods on the chest area sort of deters the proper closing of the chest halves thus the fuselage drooping syndrome. The original ones dun have this problem as they are slightly shorter.

Edited by recon

A light swipe of 2-part epoxy on both the leg-backpack square tabs, and the intake-chest hexagonal tabs help keep the fighter mode more snug. Not 1/48 snug, but better.

Hey, I haven't transformed my "CF" 0A in 6 months! I should check the 1 good shoulder for chemical reactions :p .

A newby transformation question - what happens to the front nose probe during transformation (I looked at the instructions and it just disappears from one step to another?

According to Kawamori's design works, the pitot tube rotates 180 degrees towards the front landing gear. On the toy, you just take it off and keep it in a safe place. :)

I can't seem to separate the forward nose from the blast shield - there is a gap between the blast shield and the chest piece, but the seam between the forward nose and blast shield is tight - where do I press?

Sorry, can't help you there, haven't transformed any of my VF-0's for months.

Yups the legs do not lock securely to the backpack when in fighter mode, as the holes on the backpack for insertion of the horizontal tabs locking mechanism are slightly bigger. Arms on the other hand lock quite tightly together to the legs with the user of circular tabs.

As for the fuselage area, did some experimenting. Notice by forcing the chest halves to close to the minimal, the fuselage/cockpit is able to lock securely without drooping down. But the new subsitute parts for mounting the micro missile pods on the chest area sort of deters the proper closing of the chest halves thus the fuselage drooping syndrome. The original ones dun have this problem as they are slightly shorter.

Thanks Recon,

You wouldn't happen to have a photo with arrows or areas circled would ya?

Good to know that it isn't just me that the fighter mode is slightly more flimsy than the older VF-1s.

p.s. is anyone else's rear gears hard to take out and deploy? - I guess I need to grow my fingernails out (eew!)

Thanks Recon,

You wouldn't happen to have a photo with arrows or areas circled would ya?

Good to know that it isn't just me that the fighter mode is slightly more flimsy than the older VF-1s.

p.s. is anyone else's rear gears hard to take out and deploy? - I guess I need to grow my fingernails out (eew!)

Hi Wmcheng,

Nopes, i did not take pics of the problem areas, but i could show some illustration with the help of swoosh pictures here to highlight how to solve the fuselage drooping problem, Tks swoosh! As for the legs..cant doo much about that area, unless one is willing to thicken the horizontal tab with pla plates, to get a nice and tight fit with the backpack.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As for the landing gears, i use the end tip of a paint brush to dig the gears out or you could use a paper clip as they are quite tough to take out...also minimal risk of paint chip when using a blunt object

Edited by recon

Just an update, my legs are a little loose too, sigh, the VF-1 still rules over it no question for being tight. :D

Now all i need to do is watch the OVA, then i think my overall thoughts on the zero will be benefitted.

I'll do some pics with a better review of my thoughts later. :D I feel it is somewhat half arsed but i dunno.

Overall Good Job Yamato! But get it better for the YF-21. The 19 is the closest to being perfect as the VF-1 48* so far.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie