A "master Grade" Veritech?

Arbalest

Has anyone tried, or know of a manufacturer who either have built or can build a Veritech Fighter (either from Macross or Macross Plus) like the Master Grade Gundam models? I'll pay some money for one (or two) of those....... :D

355567[/snapback]

Nope. How much you got? It'll take at least $7,000 to start.

Umm what's a Very tech?

355624[/snapback]

Oh, stop it. Do you guys wait around all day for some newbie to accidentally say "Robotech" or "Veritech"?

355669[/snapback]

Yes... actually that's the first time I've done that, couldn't resist, it was my turn

Actually, the newbie has been referring to Macross and Macross Plus as Robotech since he started posting.

355741[/snapback]

thats ok... everytime I go slumming at rt.com I can't resist saying glaug at least once in every post :rolleyes:

would a hcm vf count?

Actually, the newbie has been referring to Macross and Macross Plus as Robotech since he started posting.

355741[/snapback]

at least he did not call it Robotech and Robotech Plus :rolleyes: just joking, come on guys give him a chance he will learn more about the series as he goes along, it is better to be more construtive and not rude about it. I have learned alot of things during my time on this site, we should allow him to do the same instead of driving away a potential new fan who is not aware fully of how great the original uncut series really is.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Hang in there Arbalest,

You have to have a pretty thick skin if you were found out about Macross via ROBOTECH like me, but you can learn a lot if you stick around.

One huge thing is the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 series. You have Master Grade detail and poseability and toy quality and durability PLUS the GBP armor just came out as seen in the other thread. I think this is what you were looking for. Plus you have guys with some real talent around here that can add some much desired little details to the 1/48 to really make it shine.

Detailed Yamato 1/48 VF-1J in GBP Armor

Edited by SDFcommander

Hang in there Arbalest,

You have to have a pretty thick skin if you were found  out about Macross via ROBOTECH like me, but you can learn a lot if you stick around.

One huge thing is the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 series. You have Master Grade detail and poseability and toy quality and durability PLUS the GBP armor just came out as seen in the other thread. I think this is what you were looking for. Plus you have guys with some real talent around here that can add some much desired little details to the 1/48 to really make it shine.

Detailed Yamato 1/48 VF-1J in GBP Armor

355900[/snapback]

Thats alright....as long as they knew what I was talking about, too bad they couldn't give me an answer first, then started joking, or vise versa. I could run around like them, trying to be "accurate" as I possibly can, but why? I just say what I was brought up on, didn't really catch on about the aircraft model numbers that long ago. There wasn't a name for the YF-19 and the YF-21 in Macross Plus (thank goodness).......Veritech, Valkarie, Gerwalk, Battroid; I know those as well; they all look the same from either show (Robotech/Macross), with "UN SPACY" planted on them.

I think it would be great to have a tranformable model in 1/60 scale and in full detail. I think that would sit a expert modeler down in the basement for months!

Edited by Arbalest

Arbalest, as this is a site dedicated to Macross, not Robotech we encourage you to learn and use the correct Macross names for mecha and characters when posting here. A good place to start is the Macross Compendium.

Generally you will find the members here to be very friendly, knowledgable and helpful. And as you are a new member, the old-hands here will be somewhat forgiving of your use of Robotech terms for a while, but it is recommended that you start using the correct Macross terminology as soon as possible, if you want to fit in here.

Oh and a warning, if a member called Agent ONE asks to see your door knob, run as fast as possible in the opposite direction.

Graham

Oh and a warning, if a member called Agent ONE asks to see your door knob, run as fast as possible in the opposite direction.

Graham

356043[/snapback]

LOL!

Ok ok, sorry Arbalest, like I said it was my turn. I couldn't answer your question either because I have no idea about Master Grade Gundam's.

master grade?? no, no, no,, they need to make a Perfect Grade 1/60 scale Valkyrie to make up for all these year of neglect. I mean they made a Perfect grade Evangelion mode and that's at the border line of Mecha.

PG 1/60 VF-1:

-Perfect Grade style hands

-Openable panels everywhere

-removeable armor

-internal mecha frame

-add some cylinder joints here and there.

-upgrade the posablity

-a display stand

-light up head unit ( it's a Perfect grade so it'll light up, not the same as MPC)

-light up left and right signal lights

if only,, well some day,, maybe

Edited by F360°

I think, in relation to Gundam, we'd have 1:48 MG and 1:32 PG.

And yes, I'd love for Bandai to produce Macross models. As someone once said, "Bandai kits rule!! They make PL and Revell kits look like they were carved from butter with a stump of wood".

1/60 scale would be far too small for a Perfect Grade VF-1.

I agree that 1/32 or even 1/24 scale would be the way to go.

Graham

356092[/snapback]

Really? Wow....maybe I misread the scale...... no you're right, that would be too small. 1/24 would be huge too! :D

What gave me the idea was that a member here did a model of a VF-1 with extended flaps and rails. So I though "what if not only they can extend, but retract and have the same for the airbrakes..." And top it all off it transforms too; to either Gerwalk or Battroid modes.

I think, in relation to Gundam, we'd have 1:48 MG and 1:32 PG.

And yes, I'd love for Bandai to produce Macross models. As someone once said, "Bandai kits rule!! They make PL and Revell kits look like they were carved from butter with a stump of wood".

356087[/snapback]

I used to have two of the VF-1 models from Revell a long time ago. At that time I wasn't into modeling like I am now; so I played with them, and soon the parts were scattered into the four winds. :lol: Now, since I have my very own curio stand, I started to put my models in it for displays.

1/24 is kinda a useless scale... 1/32 would be sweet so you could put it with all your real life military models...

356185[/snapback]

Oh, lets wish for 1:20 so they're in scale with my MaK stuff!

Why, oh why, did he pick some an oddball scale to work with.

The only thing close to what you describe is the resin 1/48 Club M ultimate detail strike. Everything opens on that sucker and the detail is infinite, you just can't play with it and it doesn't transform.

From time to time this "it would be cool to have a MG Valk/something else" thing keeps popping up but honestly, I cannot really understand why. I mean, what do people expect from the "MG-treatment"? More detail or better poseability/transformation I guess.

Well judging from the MG kits I have bought I have made some observations - the non-transformable mecha have this neat internal detail and all the removable panels while the transformable ones have lots of moving parts but not that many internal "guts".

IMO it´s the question whether you want a perfect transformable toy to play around with or a maximum detailed display piece. OK I can´t help it I´m a model kit guy - I think you can´t get both at the same time.

If you had a MG transformable Valk you´d still had to sand, glue and paint it to make it look perfect - transform it a few times and the paint will chip, even parts will fall off. Then, even if you just want it for display, the MG kits are impressive but they still fall short in detail - look at the incredibly done panel lines of the Hasegawa kits - no MG kit I know even comes close in terms of surface detail - even the latest and biggest Bandai Models are still a bit toylike in my eyes.

I´d say if you want your Valk transformable get the Yamato 1/48 toys, they are sturdier than a MG kit. If you want ultimate detail, call it a display piece and get the Hase kits - they are perfect as they are and no Bandai MG will be better.

The only issue is the size - I´m happy with 1/72 (quite the same size as a 1/100 Gundam) but I guess a 1/48 VF-1 would sell quite well - but I would still rather like it from Hasegawa than from Bandai. Just my thoughts...

From time to time this "it would be cool to have a MG Valk/something else" thing keeps popping up but honestly, I cannot really understand why. I mean, what do people expect from the "MG-treatment"? More detail or better poseability/transformation I guess.

Well judging from the MG kits I have bought I have made some observations - the non-transformable mecha have this neat internal detail and all the removable panels while the transformable ones have lots of moving parts but not that many internal "guts".

IMO it´s the question whether you want a perfect transformable toy to play around with or a maximum detailed display piece. OK I can´t help it I´m a model kit guy - I think you can´t get both at the same time.

If you had a MG transformable Valk you´d still had to sand, glue and paint it to make it look perfect - transform it a few times and the paint will chip, even parts will fall off. Then, even if you just want it for display, the MG kits are impressive but they still fall short in detail - look at the incredibly done panel lines of the Hasegawa kits - no MG kit I know even comes close in terms of surface detail - even the latest and biggest Bandai Models are still a bit toylike in my eyes.

I´d say if you want your Valk transformable get the Yamato 1/48 toys, they are sturdier than a MG kit.  If you want ultimate detail, call it a display piece and get the Hase kits - they are perfect as they are and no Bandai MG will be better.

The only issue is the size - I´m happy with 1/72 (quite the same size as a 1/100 Gundam) but I guess a 1/48 VF-1 would sell quite well - but I would still rather like it from Hasegawa than from Bandai. Just my thoughts...

356437[/snapback]

Perfectly stated Thorsten, again if you want a super detailed valk then you have to drop $250 on a 1/48 recast of the super valk.

B) Gunpla quality reputation.

356567[/snapback]

I don't want to sound derogatory, and I build gundam kits as much as I do other stuff... but surely the 'Gunpla quality reputation' is in the same way that you'd expect a Fischer Price toy truck to break less frequently or easily than a scale model kit of the same truck? Gunpla are built as half-models, half-action-figures, they're snap-together and have polycap joints all over the place and the price you pay for that is blocky, bulky shapes that sure, are durable compared to something like a Hasegawa valkyrie, but don't capture the same detail or feeling of scale.

If Bandai did start making gundam-kit-esque valkyries, I guess I'd expect them to be a lot easier to assemble than the Hasegawa alternatives, but really I'd also expect them to look chunky and bare. No more fine panel lines and tiny hatch details, instead I'd expect a few surface details - the odd hatch or vent, every tenth panel line - exaggerated and bulked out, and the rest missing completely.

[EDIT: And the bit that I was meaning to add but completely forgot the first time around...

The problem with this positioning is that it is halfway between a toy and a model kit; it's more posable than you expect from a model kit, and less detailed to fit in that posability... but it's not as durable and solid as a toy that's constructed as a toy. Yamato make toys, and from what I've seen (admittedly very little) they're a lot more robust than your average gundam kit. Gundam kits are posable, but nothing more than that; attempt anything more and the joints slip out of their polycap holdings and you're half-posing, half-holding-the-arms-on, and accessory bits fall off in your hands. Do Yamato toys have that problem?]

Edited by Sar

They should...but won't. And as far as the HCM series ever coming back...well the orginal molds for the toys were destroyed..sooo.

I would like to see a Valkyrie done in the metal craft kits that are coming out now. Some of those are really detailed and have a nice weight to them as well.

Rob

master grade??  no, no, no,, they need to make a Perfect Grade 1/60 scale Valkyrie to make up for all these year of neglect.  I mean they made a Perfect grade Evangelion mode and that's at the border line of Mecha.

PG 1/60 VF-1:

-Perfect Grade style hands

-Openable panels everywhere

-removeable armor

-internal mecha frame

-add some cylinder joints here and there.

-upgrade the posablity

-a display stand

-light up head unit ( it's a Perfect grade so it'll light up, not the same as MPC)

-light up left and right signal lights

if only,, well some day,, maybe

356061[/snapback]

LOL, you beat me to it!

A Master Grade Valkyrie would be like a Hasegawa produced transforming Valk.

A Perfect Grade would be a 1/48 scale, transforming, totally posable and articulating EVERYTHING Valk!

Though a 1/32 Perfect grade Valk would be AMAZING.

Imagine what Chen would do with that puppy!

As for RT newbs finding the true Macross? We'll take 'em all...

They'll learn the proper terms for things and it only serves to weaken HG's hold on the mind's of brainwashed Macross fans... ;)

Edited by Zinjo