A "master Grade" Veritech?

Arbalest

Bandai kits are not bulky and has more detail than any hasagawa kit out there. Master Grades have frames in them , thats why they are posable due polycaps. Have you seen the new gundam mk2 version 2. See attached picture. Thats a professional built bandai kit. THe new gundam kits don't use polycaps to pose anymore.

Japanese modelers who thrive for detail build 1/144 because these kits have better panel lines and not bulky due to frames and posability. Give me some of your insights.

B) Gunpla quality reputation.

356567[/snapback]

I don't want to sound derogatory, and I build gundam kits as much as I do other stuff... but surely the 'Gunpla quality reputation' is in the same way that you'd expect a Fischer Price toy truck to break less frequently or easily than a scale model kit of the same truck? Gunpla are built as half-models, half-action-figures, they're snap-together and have polycap joints all over the place and the price you pay for that is blocky, bulky shapes that sure, are durable compared to something like a Hasegawa valkyrie, but don't capture the same detail or feeling of scale.

If Bandai did start making gundam-kit-esque valkyries, I guess I'd expect them to be a lot easier to assemble than the Hasegawa alternatives, but really I'd also expect them to look chunky and bare. No more fine panel lines and tiny hatch details, instead I'd expect a few surface details - the odd hatch or vent, every tenth panel line - exaggerated and bulked out, and the rest missing completely.

[EDIT: And the bit that I was meaning to add but completely forgot the first time around...

The problem with this positioning is that it is halfway between a toy and a model kit; it's more posable than you expect from a model kit, and less detailed to fit in that posability... but it's not as durable and solid as a toy that's constructed as a toy. Yamato make toys, and from what I've seen (admittedly very little) they're a lot more robust than your average gundam kit. Gundam kits are posable, but nothing more than that; attempt anything more and the joints slip out of their polycap holdings and you're half-posing, half-holding-the-arms-on, and accessory bits fall off in your hands. Do Yamato toys have that problem?]

356586[/snapback]

post-3371-1136245226_thumb.jpg

If you look into a hasagawa kit , do you see a frame inside. Probably not due that the posability is zero. I wish hasagawa did the outside panels and let bandai do the frame.

Bandai kits are not bulky and has more detail than any hasagawa kit out there. Master Grades have frames in them , thats why they are posable due polycaps. Have you seen the new gundam mk2 version 2. See attached picture. Thats a professional built bandai kit. THe new gundam kits don't use polycaps to pose anymore.

Japanese modelers who thrive for detail build 1/144 because these kits have better panel lines and not bulky due to frames and posability. Give me some of your insights.

356567[/snapback]

I don't want to sound derogatory, and I build gundam kits as much as I do other stuff... but surely the 'Gunpla quality reputation' is in the same way that you'd expect a Fischer Price toy truck to break less frequently or easily than a scale model kit of the same truck? Gunpla are built as half-models, half-action-figures, they're snap-together and have polycap joints all over the place and the price you pay for that is blocky, bulky shapes that sure, are durable compared to something like a Hasegawa valkyrie, but don't capture the same detail or feeling of scale.

If Bandai did start making gundam-kit-esque valkyries, I guess I'd expect them to be a lot easier to assemble than the Hasegawa alternatives, but really I'd also expect them to look chunky and bare. No more fine panel lines and tiny hatch details, instead I'd expect a few surface details - the odd hatch or vent, every tenth panel line - exaggerated and bulked out, and the rest missing completely.

[EDIT: And the bit that I was meaning to add but completely forgot the first time around...

The problem with this positioning is that it is halfway between a toy and a model kit; it's more posable than you expect from a model kit, and less detailed to fit in that posability... but it's not as durable and solid as a toy that's constructed as a toy. Yamato make toys, and from what I've seen (admittedly very little) they're a lot more robust than your average gundam kit. Gundam kits are posable, but nothing more than that; attempt anything more and the joints slip out of their polycap holdings and you're half-posing, half-holding-the-arms-on, and accessory bits fall off in your hands. Do Yamato toys have that problem?]

356586[/snapback]

356878[/snapback]

Also bandai kits are not a toys. Yamato is based on a toy design. Gundam kits are for people that want detail. Polycaps do not slip out due to pose. You need to mod them so they don't slip. A drop of glue will harden the poseon a joint. If you want detail panel lines, go get a ultimate detail original and dont' get a recast . The original is already a bad cast already.

356567[/snapback]

356586[/snapback]

356878[/snapback]

Also bandai kits are not a toys. Yamato is based on a toy design. Gundam kits are for people that want detail. Polycaps do not slip out due to pose. You need to mod them so they don't slip. A drop of glue will harden the poseon a joint. If you want detail panel lines, go get a ultimate detail original and dont' get a recast . The original is already a bad cast already.

By the way, the mk2 kit below will sell for over 4k 4000.00. Its no toy.

356567[/snapback]

356586[/snapback]

356878[/snapback]

356880[/snapback]

Bandai kits are not bulky and has more detail than any hasagawa kit out there. Master Grades have frames in them , thats why they are posable due polycaps.

356878[/snapback]

If you look into a hasagawa kit , do you see a frame inside. Probably not due that the posability is zero. I wish hasagawa did the outside panels and let bandai do the frame.

356879[/snapback]

'Not bulky'? Which Bandai kits have you been looking at recently? The average plastic thickness, for example, on the Bandai kits I've had is about twice that of the Hasegawa kits I've had. They're typically fixed together with peg/socket joints that are 1.5mm or so wide... the mating surfaces are thicker, and that's not touching on the fact that the Gundam designs are bulky themselves. The edge of the wings on - say - the Freedom Gundam or the edge of the intakes on the chest of pretty much any gundam you care to name is wider and less 'sharp' than the trailing edge of a Hasegawa Valkyrie. Just to cite some obvious examples. And yes, a good deal of that is because the gundam kits have that frame and are posable... which is precisely why I'd rather have a fixed-pose Valkyrie. I'd rather have a good-looking 'plane and a good looking battroid as separate kits than one kit that transforms and also looks pig-ugly for it.

More detail, though? I'm going to have to just laugh at that, I'm afraid. Just for the sake of idle comparison, here's a photo of some parts from the Strike Valkyrie I started earlier in the year and some parts (the most detailed parts I could find) from an MG Ez-8 Gundam. The contrast's turned up so you can see the detail easier under flash photography.

The kits were boxed around the same period, although I'm under the impression that at least the Valkyrie parts are notably older. Note how there are hatches, vents, panels and so on on the outside of the Hasegawa parts (the white 'plane nose and the upper grey sprue) and practically no surface detail whatsoever on the Bandai parts (the lower bone-coloured sprue)...

Have you seen the new gundam mk2 version 2. See attached picture. Thats a professional built bandai kit. THe new gundam kits don't use polycaps to pose anymore.

356878[/snapback]

Yes I have, and it's not bad-looking... but it's still bulkier than your average Hasegawa aircraft. And as it goes, look through the parts, there are still polycaps in there. Less than in a HGUC kit, perhaps, but they're there.

When I say 'bulky' I refer to things like the way that all the surface detail is very deep-cut. It needs to be that way because otherwise it won't be visible unpainted, (and the fact that Bandai still ships MG kits with stickers rather than waterslide transfers shows they're still aiming kits at people who don't paint them as much as people who do...) but deep-cut detail also betrays the illusion of scale. It looks more like an 20cm-tall lump of plastic than a 17m-tall robot.

Also bandai kits are not a toys. Yamato is based on a toy design. Gundam kits are for people that want detail.

356880[/snapback]

Bandai kits aren't toys, no, but that's not what I said; I said they're halfway between kits and toys. They don't have the attention to fine detail that a Hasegawa model kit has, but they have better detail than your average toy. They don't have the robustness of a Yamato valk, but they're more posable than your average model kit. In some ways it's the best of both worlds, you get a thing which you can pose all over the place and still has a decent amount of detail... on the other hand, the saying "jack of all trades, master of none" still applies. They don't beat out a toy toy for the things toys are good at and they don't beat out a more traditional model kit for the things model kits are good at. If Gundam kits are for people who want detail, why do they ship them with blunt v-fins with tabs behind the unpointy points?

Polycaps do not slip out due to pose. You need to mod them so they don't slip. A drop of glue will harden the poseon a joint.

356880[/snapback]

You can mitigate the problems with polycaps, sure, but the point is basically this - if a piece of armour is held on by being slid onto a pole, then it can be slid off of the pole. Handle it too much, play with the pose too much and you'll knock it out - guaranteed. If you glue it in fixed, then you're losing the whole bonus of the posable master-grade kit in the first place.

Anyway, I don't want to sound agressive... I just get the distinct idea that a lot of people throw phrases like "Master Grade quality" around without really having any idea what they mean by it... they don't mean "I want a valkyrie that's made to the same standards and by the same method as a MG gundam kit", they mean "I want a valkyrie with all the advantages of a MG gundam kit and also all the advantages of a Hasegawa kit".

Or, to be less subtle about it, they don't mean "I want a valkyrie with reduced surface detail, misrepresented proportions, no sense of scale, stickers instead of transfers, polycap posable and snap-together", they mean "I want a valkyrie with all the attention to detail, proportion and finesse of a Hasegawa kit that also somehow manages to transform between battroid and 'plane modes".

That's an interesting take on things Sar and after thinking about your post, I've gotta say I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Bandai's MG & PG kits with their snap-together construction, extensive points of articulation, foil stickers and parts all molded in the correct color plastic are definitely aimed largely at the general mecha fan (such as myself) who has neither the time or skill to putty, sand and paint a kit to make it look good, but just wants an easy to build robot that can look good with minimal effort and is study enough to withstand a certain amount of re-posing or gentle play.

Of course, the MG & PG kits are also suitable for the experienced model builder who does have the time and skill to paint them, but as Sar mentioned, even the PG kits lack the detail and panel lines of traditional plastic models like those from Hasegawa.

Basically, Bandai's MG & PG kits are neither fish nor fowl. They're nowhere near as detailed as traditional model kits such as those by Hasegawa and neither are they as sturdy proper toys.

If Bandai were to one day make a transformable MG or PG VF-1 kit, we'd probably just end up with something with a similar level of detail to the existing Yamato 1/48 VF-1 toy with perhaps a few removable panels to show some inner detail, but which would in all likelyhood be more fragile than the transforming toys we already have at present.

Although I don't consider myself a model builder, I have owned and built dozens of Bandai Gundam kits in a 14 year period from 1989 to 2003 and they have all left me less than impressed by their durability, even the MG & PG kits and especially the transforming MG & PG kits. Invariably with transforming kits, you get accelerated wear on the locking parts and/or sagging parts due to insufficiently sturdy locking joints.

These days if I want a transforming Variable Fighter I stick with toys as transforming model kits have too many compromises and have proved themselves to be too fragile. On the other hand, If I want a nice single mode non-transfoming representation of a Variable Fighter (either Hasegawa or garage kit), I'll commission a professional model builder to paint the kit for me.

While I've previously said I'd like to see a PG transfoming VF-1, I don't think anything Bandai could release with their present design philosophy would be much superior to the Yamato 1/48 and as mentioned above would almost certainly be more fragile.

Graham

And a PG VF-1 would cost just about the same as a Yamato as well. When all is said and done most people pay about $130.00 for a 1/48 minus shipping and such. Most new PG kits from Bandai cost about the same...except they would be more expensive to ship. Thus actually costing more money. Plus as stated many times before...not as durable.

Rob

Foil stickers , people that are professional gundam builders don't use foil stickers. We print our own transfers. The articulation is a plus. Professional gundam builders use putty to make sure all seam lines are not visible or scratch building areas that don't look good.

First of all Master and pefect grade kits are not meant for the professional side. Hguc is for the professional modeler.

There isn't a transformable hasagawa kit to date. Why you doubting bandai.

A yamato 1/48 is a toy, you comparing a toy to a model. check the picture below. What you think of it . Its a toy or a model.

That's an interesting take on things Sar and after thinking about your post, I've gotta say I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Bandai's MG & PG kits with their snap-together construction, extensive points of articulation, foil stickers and parts all molded in the correct color plastic are definitely aimed largely at the general mecha fan (such as myself) who has neither the time or skill to putty, sand and paint a kit to make it look good, but just wants an easy to build robot that can look good with minimal effort and is study enough to withstand a certain amount of re-posing or gentle play.

Of course, the MG & PG kits are also suitable for the experienced model builder who does have the time and skill to paint them, but as Sar mentioned, even the PG kits lack the detail and panel lines of traditional plastic models like those from Hasegawa.

Basically, Bandai's MG & PG kits are neither fish nor fowl. They're nowhere near as detailed as traditional model kits such as those by Hasegawa and neither are they as sturdy proper toys.

If Bandai were to one day make a transformable MG or PG VF-1 kit, we'd probably just end up with something with a similar level of detail to the existing Yamato 1/48 VF-1 toy with perhaps a few removable panels to show some inner detail, but which would in all likelyhood be more fragile than the transforming toys we already have at present.

Although I don't consider myself a model builder, I have owned and built dozens of Bandai Gundam kits in a 14 year period from 1989 to 2003 and they have all left me less than impressed by their durability, even the MG & PG kits and especially the transforming MG & PG kits. Invariably with transforming kits, you get accelerated wear on the locking parts and/or sagging parts due to insufficiently sturdy locking joints.

These days if I want a transforming Variable Fighter I stick with toys as transforming model kits have too many compromises and have proved themselves to be too fragile. On the other hand, If I want a nice single mode non-transfoming representation of a Variable Fighter (either Hasegawa or garage kit), I'll commission a professional model builder to paint the kit for me.

While I've previously said I'd like to see a PG transfoming VF-1, I don't think anything Bandai could release with their present design philosophy would be much superior to the Yamato 1/48 and as mentioned above would almost certainly be more fragile.

Graham

356973[/snapback]

post-3371-1136350445_thumb.jpg

Actually there is. Not for commerical re-sale but the Hasegawa's can be converted to be transforming. I actually have the plans for it alothough I have never tried... :blink:

And at one point Hasegawa did consider making a transforming Valkyrie based on these designs. (Waits patiently for Hase to reconsider doing this...)

Rob

So color based plastic is for kids that build it and display it. Have you heard of studio reckless. Their resin for the gundam 1/144 is made of a resin that is colored. THe price of this kit is about 500.00 ,,, Theres a reason why its colored and you should know why if you airbrush your models.

Graham

356973[/snapback]

post-3371-1136351617_thumb.jpg

When you mix resin with plastic. Thats scratch building or adding resin conversion kits to your models. This is not the case. I mean the kit has to be engineered by bandai or hasagawa. You probably talking about the expensive IHP conversion kit at the event.

Actually there is. Not for commerical re-sale but the Hasegawa's can be converted to be transforming. I actually have the plans for it alothough I have never tried... :blink:

And at one point Hasegawa did consider making a transforming Valkyrie based on these designs. (Waits patiently for Hase to reconsider doing this...)

Rob

357212[/snapback]

Actually no I am not. And I know exactly what scratch building and resin conversion kits. I have had the priviledge of actually talk with some of the original sculptors of the Hasegawa Models. I have seen the presentation pieces that were submitted for Hasegawa's review. At one point in time they did consider doing it. And some of these designs have appeared in Model Graphix. For what I understand is they scrapped the project due to the cost of making them. It was cheaper in the long run just to keep making the kits the way they are now.

Rob

You do have a good point that hasagawa was considering making a transformable kit. But if this was built, do you think the fans would use their creativity and actually try to convert a non transformable kit to a transformable kit. Know thats a challenge. Or just do it to the ultimate detail. Know thats a even greater challenge.

Actually no I am not.  And I know exactly what scratch building and resin conversion kits.  I have had the priviledge of actually talk with some of the original sculptors of the Hasegawa Models.  I have seen the presentation pieces that were submitted for Hasegawa's review.  At one point in time they did consider doing it.  And some of these designs have appeared in Model Graphix.  For what I understand is they scrapped the project due to the cost of making them.  It was cheaper in the long run just to keep making the kits the way they are now. 

Rob

357233[/snapback]

Since Hasegawa was not going to release it..they did make it possible for fans to do the conversion themselves. That is why the plans to do it were released. As far as I know it was done a total of 3 times. I am sure that it is more...it is just that they have never been published. I would like to try it one day....but it will have to go on the pile of the other billion things that I want to get done....

Rob

I am going to do a conversion on the 1/48 ultimate detail. Yes , original and not recast. Well see if i can make a 500.00 kit thats surpasses yamatos and probably it go for 6k+ on yahoo japan when i sell the moded thing.

Since Hasegawa was not going to release it..they did make it possible for fans to do the conversion themselves.  That is why the plans to do it were released.  As far as I know it was done a total of 3 times.  I am sure that it is more...it is just that they have never been published.  I would like to try it one day....but it will have to go on the pile of the other billion things that I want to get done....

Rob

357241[/snapback]

hobbykits, you seem to be missing the points I'm trying to make, which are : -

• Bandai's designs their MG, PG & HGUC kits so that they will appeal to BOTH the non-professional & professional builder, i.e. the non-professional can just quickly snap the Bandai kits together with no paint or glue and still have something that looks reasonably good. The professional can take his time and use sand, putty, paint and scratch-build or optional resin parts to make the kit look even better. Using this approach Bandai captures a larger share of the hobby market.
  • Hasegawa kits are more traditional model kits in that they require paint and glue to build and thus are more suitable for the professional builder.
  • Bandai MG, PG & HGUC Gundam kits have much less surface detail (fewer panel lines) than Hasegawa's Macross kits.
  • Transforming model kits in general are more fragile than transforming toys. If you want a mecha that you can frequently transform it is better to stick with a toy rather than a model. Transforming toys can be durable, whereas transforming mecha kits like the MG Zeta and Z-Plus and PG Zeta are less durable and often have balance problems (lack of ratchet joints), sagging parts and insufficiently stong locking.
  • Going by the present level of detail on Bandai's PG kits, a PG VF-1 would not necessarily be more detailed than a Yamato 1/48 VF-1 toy, although of course a professional model builder could make a PG kit much more detailed.

Graham

I agree with all of the points you have except for the perfect grade. The reason why the detail is not there is that, if the detail is there. THere would be no challenge in building a better detail perfect 1/48 vf-11. IF thats the case , no fans will need to do a mod. No one will like to buy it due that its perfect in detail. If its less detail , there will be a market . If its perfect, good luck on modeling. Because modeling is what you do to the model and not what the model does to you because it comes in a box.

I have alot of experience in the japanese modeling industry.

hobbykits, you seem to be missing the points I'm trying to make, which are : -
  • Bandai's designs their MG, PG & HGUC kits so that they will appeal to BOTH the non-professional & professional builder, i.e. the non-professional can just quickly snap the Bandai kits together with no paint or glue and still have something that looks reasonably good. The professional can take his time and use sand, putty, paint and scratch-build or optional resin parts to make the kit look even better. Using this approach Bandai captures a larger share of the hobby market.
  • Hasegawa kits are more traditional model kits in that they require paint and glue to build and thus are more suitable for the professional builder.
  • Bandai MG, PG & HGUC Gundam kits have much less surface detail (fewer panel lines) than Hasegawa's Macross kits.
  • Transforming model kits in general are more fragile than transforming toys. If you want a mecha that you can frequently transform it is better to stick with a toy rather than a model. Transforming toys can be durable, whereas transforming mecha kits like the MG Zeta and Z-Plus and PG Zeta are less durable and often have balance problems (lack of ratchet joints), sagging parts and insufficiently stong locking.
  • Going by the present level of detail on Bandai's PG kits, a PG VF-1 would not necessarily be more detailed than a Yamato 1/48 VF-1 toy, although of course a professional model builder could make a PG kit much more detailed.

Graham

357249[/snapback]

THere would be no challenge in building a better detail perfect 1/48 vf-11. IF thats the case , no fans will need to do a mod. No one will like to buy it due that its perfect in detail.

I disagree with this. There will always be room for modifications and customizations on any model kit. If a high detailed kit came out, most fans would be very happy. Especially modellers who do not have alot of experience making something more detailed.

In the post you made above about the 1/48 Strike resin. That is an ultimate detail kit..yet you are going to make it variable. It is a prime example right there.

Such as? Building them only or have you worked for a company as a designer?

Also you didn't answer my last question. I guess you don't have to I was just curious. If there is another MW member here in Japan it would be pretty cool... :rolleyes:

Rob

I can say that the ultimate detail is a truely masterpiece in its form.

THeres a reason why a truely detailed kit will not get modded. For instance the factory alliance qubeley 1/90 scale. Thats perfect.

factory alliance phantom 1/72 scale . Thats perfect.

Led Mirage V3 3007 1/72 scaled with clear parts. Thats perfect.

These kits go for lower price when fully built due that there is no need to mod them.

The perfect detail is not perfect because it can't transform to the other two forms.

Thats the challenge. The detail is perfect but the function is not. If the detail is perfect and the function is perfect , than I would just mostly say , I'm bored ....

As for me, you will be seeing more of my works. I let you decide if I am a builder or a worker or both as a designer.

Theres alot of things I still need to work on, mostly the skill to build faster and smarter. So what projects you take on. Resin Plastic both

THere would be no challenge in building a better detail perfect 1/48 vf-11. IF thats the case , no fans will need to do a mod. No one will like to buy it due that its perfect in detail.

I disagree with this. There will always be room for modifications and customizations on any model kit. If a high detailed kit came out, most fans would be very happy. Especially modellers who do not have alot of experience making something more detailed.

In the post you made above about the 1/48 Strike resin. That is an ultimate detail kit..yet you are going to make it variable. It is a prime example right there.

Such as? Building them only or have you worked for a company as a designer?

Also you didn't answer my last question. I guess you don't have to I was just curious. If there is another MW member here in Japan it would be pretty cool... :rolleyes:

Rob

357254[/snapback]

Personally I don´t care much about which grade is for modelers and which for toy people, just sometimes the HGUC kits seem to have a sleeker, less bulky design than their MG counterparts - still, the basic Bandai kit philosophy seems to apply to all their kits: sturdy, thick (toylike)plastic, very good engineering, very good detailing in terms of vents, actuators, verniers etc. (and yes they are getting better with these things with every new kit) but no or few "high resolution" details like panel lines, small hatches and other stuff you generally find in plane kits.

I cannot say all Mecha kits MUST have these small details -no line art features too many of them even in Macross - but I like it when manufacturers give them a "real life" feel like Hasegawa did with their Valks. Hell, even some of the old IMAI kits have more panel details than the average MG Gundam, look at the 1/72 Spartan or their old transforming VF-1 kits!

Way back in 1983 Bandai WAS capable of doing both fine panel lines AND internal mechanics at the same time, take a look at some of the old 1/100 Xabungle kits - while they do look bulky (but they are designed that way) they feature panel lines and other small details en masse - only Bandai seems to have fired all their kit engineers after the 80s and hired toy designers for their kits. As a result, they still haven´t re-invented the finely engraved panel line after some 20 years!

Don´t get me wrong - there are some great Gundam Designs and I will certainly buy some more of Bandais Models- but I will build my MG EX-S static plus spend days engraving panel lines and adding small stuff. And I don´t want to have a HGMGPG Bandai Valk long as I can get a Hasegawa kit.

Has it gone that fast already?

Last I took was still 2 hr 20 mins at max

:)

Noel

actually about 2 hours.

Rob

357521[/snapback]

357594[/snapback]

I'll be on one tomorrow. I was supposed to go to Tokyo direct from Vancouver, but the flight is oversold so I'm catching a flight to KIX and getting a Shink to Tokyo. I'm totally stressed out about it.

My schedule is tighter than a gnat's ass. Flight arrives in KIX at 1625. Train to Shin Osaka Eki leaves at 1745 arrives at the station at 1839. From there I catch the shinkansen at 1849 to arrive in Tokyo at 2126 (2hrs 37 minutes). Then I have to catch another shinkansen at 2140 to arrive in Nagaoka at 2328.

I hope I don't get delayed in customs.

Edited by peter

Well, I hope I can make it....who knows, if I get out early enough, maybe I can catch the train leaving at 1718.....doubt it though.

I was supposed to meet that Save Robotech guy in November, but I guess he didn't have the time. I was in Ueno for a couple of hours and he was working in Akihabara? Anyways, I'll be going by there again on my way home this time.

So, you live in Osaka? I see you've got an online toy store....do you have a shop as well? This caught my eye:

yamato-mechanic.JPG

I'll probably be going through Osaka again in March....maybe we can meet up. I'm going to Kure to check out the Yamato Museum and maybe stop in Onomichi to see the 1/1 scale movie set for Yamato the movie.

Edited by peter

Hey Peter,

Sounds good to me.  I leave Japan in May so that would be perfect.  Yep you should be able to get that set for about 4000 yen...

Good luck with the train..

ROb

357640[/snapback]

I'm crapping myself now. My girlfriend just told me they cancelled the Joetsu shinkansen all day the other day due weather. 4 meters of snow? Holy crap. Oh well, I'm going to the airport in a few hours....can't think about stuff like that now.