Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

I still want to see or hear more before I canb say for certain that I'll drop full theatre price on this. I must admit, the action sequences I've seen have my hopes up. I still hate the designs, but that alone isn't a deal breaker for me. Just means I won't buy the toys.

As far as the poll is concerned, I've always had a good premonition about how nicely done this movie will be. Maybe I've always had this vision about a live action TF movie similiar in vein to how it's being done now, so I don't really have the kind of religious hatred towards this movie as most rabid fans do.

I'm going to be there on opening day, or earlier if time permits.

But if it's crap you'll admit it in your review to warn us all, right? Not try to spin it as good when really your inner childhood was raped by the curse of the "hollywood adaptation taking too many liberties with the popular name to milk the fan of his money"?

I might go see it after others have and told me. I think it wil end up being popcorn movie good, but set my expectations neutral. (neither too pumped or too cynical) I still think my idea of setting it in the 80s like the Wedding Singer and making it into an action comedy would have been better. I think if popular games like GTA:Vice city can go retro and appeal to the older crowd, why not do it with TF at a decade where the cartoon first began for nostalgia power? They can make it cheesy on purpose and have all the old sounds and stuff to remind us of the cartoon again. Maybe even cel shade the robots and make them all flat g1 cartoon colors. (megatron won't be a cg shiny gun but a white gun for the deeply religious fan :p)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The 80s thing would only work if it was some sort of nostalgia comedy (laughing at hair, fashion, famous events) and was G1. Nostalgia only goes so far, especially if the sheer majority of the audience can't remember it too well.

But if it's crap you'll admit it in your review to warn us all, right? Not try to spin it as good when really your inner childhood was raped by the curse of the "hollywood adaptation taking too many liberties with the popular name to milk the fan of his money"?

If you're asking me that question, I don't review movies. I'm seeing it for the robots. It's not like there's a live action robot movie every year. I'll loathe the 'romantic' bits, though.

I was pretty dead set against this movie at the start. Up until I read the prequel comics(because Don F was doing the art). Then I got interested in the story. The clips look great. I am still worried that Michael MTV Jump Cut King Bay will make it hard to follow the story I still will go see it.

I was at Target 2 days ago, and they had all the prequel comics put into a single book. Note that it didn't look at all like your typical TPB---it was in the children's books section with the other TF movie books, and could easily be dismissed as a coloring/sticker book at first glance. If you want the prequel comics, that is probably the easiest and cheapest way to get them.

I was at Target 2 days ago, and they had all the prequel comics put into a single book. Note that it didn't look at all like your typical TPB---it was in the children's books section with the other TF movie books, and could easily be dismissed as a coloring/sticker book at first glance. If you want the prequel comics, that is probably the easiest and cheapest way to get them.

I need to get that. It has an extra short story with art by Andy Wildman. Coolness.

Don't forget to FIGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM AND FOLLOW OUR HEARTS this July!

Seriously, if they had said 'justice' somewhere it would be lines from a bad anime theme song.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

OH MAN. TRANSFORMERS MOVIE THEME SONG.

BY LINKIN PARK.

http://www.sectorseven.org/OHD2/deceptibot/theme.zip

I AM. LAUGHING. SO. HARD.

For the last farting time - that isn't Linkin Park. The lead vocalist might sound a bit like Chester Bennington, but the rapper sounds nothing like Mike Shenoda.

(The "for the last farting time" part was directed at the internet in general. Not you or anyone here.)

Anyone seen all the trailers (tv, international etc)?

There is SO much more in those than in the one we got.

In the - International - one we get to see Blackout getting ready to jump into a fight between Prime and Megs, a new shot of Skorpinok and at the end Spike is in his second story windows telling the Autobots to go away because his mom will flip out if she sees them plus in there is a full on "Iamangryneedahug" shot of Megs.

In one of the tv spots -

- we get to see Sporpinok jumping off of Blackout's belly plus a few other shots we haven't seen elsewhere.

I didn't follow the thread so closely to see if these were posted, but if not, enjoy.

Edited by Chewie

I believe the international version is the one you see in cinemas with Shrek 3 and Pirates 3, no?

Not with Pirates. I saw pirates twice at two different theatres, both with the same trailer I've seen dozens of times.

Anyone seen all the trailers (tv, international etc)?

There is SO much more in those than in the one we got.

In the - International - one we get to see Blackout getting ready to jump into a fight between Prime and Megs, a new shot of Skorpinok and at the end Spike is in his second story windows telling the Autobots to go away because his mom will flip out if she sees them plus in there is a full on "Iamangryneedahug" shot of Megs.

In one of the tv spots -

- we get to see Sporpinok jumping off of Blackout's belly plus a few other shots we haven't seen elsewhere.

I didn't follow the thread so closely to see if these were posted, but if not, enjoy.

From the international trailer, seems bumblebee will be the autobot that gets misunderstood. Poor guy.

"Nooo, he's not gonna hurt you!"

Edited by wolfx