More Shadow Force news

So does this mean that HG is Re-Mastering the masters with a new Re-Master of the master Sentinnel to accomodate a Re-Mastered New Gen in CGI?

384441[/snapback]

I'm sorry...one more time please.... :ph34r:

So does this mean that HG is Re-Mastering the masters with a new Re-Master of the master Sentinnel to accomodate a Re-Mastered New Gen in CGI?

384441[/snapback]

That depends on the success of the Southern Cross Papermation movie.

post-356-1143474657_thumb.jpgpost-356-1143474681.jpgThis isn't Shadow Chronicles related but it's so cool I had to post it up. It's a Ken Stacy cover to Robotech# 21: Before the Invid Storm featuring Dana Sterling and Johnathan Wolfe. Also, this appears to be a Southern Cross Bioroid that converts to a VF; possibly for Shadow Chronicles. Thanks again Captain JLS and the Shadow Chronicles Yahoo! group! Edited by terry the lone wolf

Also, this appears to be a Southern Cross Bioroid that converts to a VF; possibly for Shadow Chronicles. Thanks again Captain JLS and the Shadow Chronicles Yahoo! group!

Actually, that's MOSPEADA prototype art. They did some really cool stuff before they decided on the final look of the Legioss.

Also, this appears to be a Southern Cross Bioroid that converts to a VF; possibly for Shadow Chronicles. Thanks again Captain JLS and the Shadow Chronicles Yahoo! group!

Actually, that's MOSPEADA prototype art. They did some really cool stuff before they decided on the final look of the Legioss.

384846[/snapback]

Hey, thanks Jenius but is that same battiloid that Breetai flew in the Prelude to The Shadow Chronicles series?

I don't own any of the PTTSC comics but I saw a couple scans of the mech in question but they were all too dark for me to figure it out. It is my understanding that some of the MOSPEADA art that never made it into the series may make some appearances in The Shadow Chronicles OVA since clearly HG has the rights to do so. I kinda think this was just fans really hoping they'd finally see the armored Beta in action though and now that the synchro Beta has been announced I think the armored Beta is doomed to never be seen. In summary... I dunno :)

Why would Breetai fly a mech, he is a commander, he commands ships, heck he would be too big to fit in a standard zent mecha, and even if he was MiCloned, he would probably still be too talk to fit in a human sized cockpit.

Why in the frak would Breetai pilot a bioroid? I wouldn't think that he would be familiar with a bioroid since it was exclusively used by Tirolian clones. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to pilot some kind of modified zent male power armor? Then again, this is RT, where nothing makes sense.

A better question is why they're even using those characters in the first place. I mean, all those years of RT diehards telling us how Sentinels wasn't part of continuity, and how  it should all be disregarded in favor of some fanfic, here we are in 2006 seeing those same sad characters showing up in the first truly "official" RT product since '85.

384424[/snapback]

Depends on who you talk to. I read the Mckinney novels and enjoyed them for what they were, with the exception of the ending of the End of the Circle novel where all the kids on the SDF-3 became "starchildren" reminicent of Elizabeth from V. They managed to summon the SDF-1's fold drives through time for the SDF-3 to use to escape. Yeah talk about your paradoxes...:blink:

Anyways since HG did squat with the RT storyline the novels for many fans were accepted as cannon. Funny how the Prelude comics indeed was a somewhat altered story but with huge similarities to the Sentinals Mckinney novels.

Incedently Breetai and the Regent died in combat with each other in both the novels and comics.

Lisa was incapacitated when the SDF-3 got fragged and lost a baby, she's sidelined and probably on Tirol during the Shadow Chronicles.

What we will see as far as original series characters is Louis Nichols. Tie ins to the original series is Marlene Rush's younger brother and the other Sterling daughter.

Why in the frak would Breetai pilot a bioroid?  I wouldn't think that he would be familiar with a bioroid since it was exclusively used by Tirolian clones.  Wouldn't it make more sense for him to pilot some kind of modified zent male power armor?  Then again, this is RT, where nothing makes sense.

385023[/snapback]

You'd think that but BG was threatning to HG's a** if they use anything resembling their designs. So, what are you going to do? Eventhough, I kind like this modified Bioroid.

Lisa was incapacitated when the SDF-3 got fragged and lost a baby, she's sidelined and probably on Tirol during the Shadow Chronicles.

But Lisa was onboard the modified SDF-3(Shadow Dimensional Fortress-03) when they tested the Nuetron S-Missles and tore the Space-Time Continnum(huh?!?). Her, Rick, and others were sucked into a white hole(?).

I don't think red devil as the designs are clearly just the original with arms and some slightly altered features. If they were to try and use them now I bet Big West could have potential to sue.

I don't think red devil as the designs are clearly just the original with arms and some slightly altered features.  If they were to try and use them now I bet Big West could have potential to sue.

385103[/snapback]

Excepting that every single copy of The Sentinels video (from Palladium's 1988 to the current DVD copy) contains scenes with both mecha.

Zentraedi_Pods_0_large.jpg

Zentraedi_Pods_1_large.jpg

I would imagine BigWest would have a hard time claiming that Harmony Gold did not have the rights to these images when they've never been contested in over 18 yrs of use.

Yeah 1st but back then there was not the huge liscencing dispute that there is now. Now a judge has ruled that the original designs and I believe their derivatives belong to BW, so if HG tried to rerelease the sentinels stuff now I think there would be some legal fallout, or at least hope so anyway.

And Roy would you move the topic, it is in the correct forum isn't it?

Edited by Knight26

Now a judge has ruled that the original designs and I believe their derivatives belong to BW, so if HG tried to rerelease the sentinels stuff now I think there would be some legal fallout, or at least hope so anyway.

385129[/snapback]

I'm not certain something like that can be made retroactive. There is also the fact that The Sentinels is still available with the Robotech DVDs (now the Protoculture Edition) means that those images are STILL being profitable for Harmony Gold.

I would rather have seen Breetai in one of the Officer's Pods instead of something Tommy considers a Bioroid....

Depends on who you talk to. I read the Mckinney novels and enjoyed them for what they were, with the exception of the ending of the End of the Circle novel where all the kids on the SDF-3 became "starchildren" reminicent of Elizabeth from V. They managed to summon the SDF-1's fold drives through time for the SDF-3 to use to escape. Yeah talk about your paradoxes...:blink:

Standard causality paradox. A painfully common staple of anything involving time travel. End of the Circle is only unique in that that's the full extent to which time travel is involved.

I hate causality paradoxes.

If Big West chose a fight then even if the courts found in HG's favour in the end, this would only come after a legal dispute. It's only prudent for HG to avoid even the possibility of such a dispute. It's simply not profitable to invite legal expenses when they could easily be avoided altogether.

Why in the frak would Breetai pilot a bioroid? I wouldn't think that he would be familiar with a bioroid since it was exclusively used by Tirolian clones. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to pilot some kind of modified zent male power armor? Then again, this is RT, where nothing makes sense.

Well, Khyron fights in an Officer's Pod and there's nothing in the Robotech world to indicate how long it's been since Breetai was last involved in a fight. As far as being in a bioroid, despite the real-world legal issues, I think it makes sense. According to the RT backstory the Zents had pitiful weaponry that was easy to make and supply to such a vast army whilst the Masters had super mechs since they had much fewer soldiers. So, with much fewer Zents in the 'verse, and the REF in possession of the Masters resources, it would make sense that the Zents onboard would have their weaponry upgraded. I think the story has also changed from all Zents being macronized in the books to all Zents being micronized in PTTSC so Power Armor is out of the question while Bioroids are meant for micronized pilots.

I agree with the common theory that HG will not get anywhere near anything that looks Macross influenced. Not necessarily because they think they'd lose a fight... more just not wanting to get in a fight that can be easily avoided.