The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Yep, TT went the awesome route. From tfw2005

Loose translation:

"MP22 is Ultra Magnus! The G1 toy was famous for being a Convoy with armor, but this Masterpiece will follow the cartoon concept. There's no smaller robot mode, cab and trailer turns into the robot. Same size and shares parts like tires and front grill with MP10."

Also says something about not having to detach the shoulder missiles to transform, but I'm not sure. Out in late December, price is 19440 yen.

The weird face thing is the "G1 toy respect mode" - it's supposed to be a Convoy's face inside Magnus helmet

So it will be much closer to Citizen Stack and no small robot inside an armor.

I really like this however it will depend how the look and feel of Magnus will be. The KFC Stacks feels too thin, hollow and cheap from what I've gathered watching the reviews. Especially the trailer cap feels like a cheap toy with all this hollow bits.

If Takara manages to give Ultra Magnus a hefty quality feel in all its parts I'm in. That and a slimmer chest. :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

cool price 19440yen, i like that price. when will pre-orders go up :D they should make a KO magnus cab that's transforms into white prime.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah, the price is great. With the store discounts it will be basically the same price as the KFC Stacks but with a transformation that looks more involved.

The people that did the MP-10 should be happy right now. They can chuck out a white repaint and even with the arm gaps people would buy it :lol:

And...preordered. :D

Finally, MP UM is revealed and it could carry four MP cars! And with that price, that's awesome. I'm getting at lease two.

Now we need a renewed MP Hot Rod, just Hot Rod, and Arcee so that we could make Optimus's death seen. "Till all are one"

post-7962-0-22312400-1398181458_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie2008

it looks like they wanted to use mp-10 then gave up at the knees. the thighs are very clearly still MP-10 but anything south of that isn't. also where is the translation from that say sits not mp-10? i hope there its wrong, i want a white prime with armor. then again looking at the trailer...MP 10's lower legs woudln't fit under there. i do truly hope ther ei sa bonus feature not beign shown and left a sa suprise...that there is a whit eprime in there...just lsightly different.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Guest davidwhangchoi

it looks like they wanted to use mp-10 then gave up at the knees. the thighs are very clearly still MP-10 but anything south of that isn't. also where is the translation from that say sits not mp-10? i hope there its wrong, i want a white prime with armor. then again looking at the trailer...MP 10's lower legs woudln't fit under there. i do truly hope ther ei sa bonus feature not beign shown and left a sa suprise...that there is a whit eprime in there...just lsightly different.

two different guys translated the article on tfw2005, the most recent was the quote Twoducks posted it's definitely not an armor add on like people were expecting (source rumor that it was an add on to an mp-10 style cals was from BBTS but looks like they got it wrong) i'm pretty sure now bbts and tfsource will now lower their scalping pricing as well.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think I need to see better pictures before I pass judgement.

- He is known character worldwide with plenty of nostalgia value

- He transforms into a realistic vehicle (plenty of rocket launching trucks on our Autobahns over here) and not some space-brick

By your very own criteria, you should be exploding of excitement right about now...

Me? I like what can be seen sofar. Lets hope for robot mode everything locks in properly and that articulation does not suffer.

- He is known character worldwide with plenty of nostalgia value

- He transforms into a realistic vehicle (plenty of rocket launching trucks on our Autobahns over here) and not some space-brick

By your very own criteria, you should be exploding of excitement right about now...

Me? I like what can be seen sofar. Lets hope for robot mode everything locks in properly and that articulation does not suffer.

Yeah I hope he has decent articulation. The one thing MP-10 was lacking where double jointed knees and elbows. ^_^

Now that the confusion is out of the way whether it is a white Convoy with armor or a all in one transformation....

am I the only one that sees that big gap between the shins and the inner legs?

Hope this will be removed in the final toy. ^_^

Really in love with the way his chest opens to accept the Matrix like in the movie. I know it's very trivial in the scheme of how this toy shapes up but I think it's so cool.

Can't wait for release.

Thanks Tober!

-b.

Looks like Hasbro is bringing over MP Prowl - also featured on TFW2005;

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/hasbro-masterpiece-prowl-official-images-179772/

post-357-0-79665700-1398268385_thumb.jpg

Already have the Takara version, not sure if I'd be tempted enough to double-dip.

-b.

I'm pretty sure for price of MP Prowl from "Toys"R"mine" will not be cheaper than 60 bucks. I like the box, I may get one, if I can find one.

am I the only one that sees that big gap between the shins and the inner legs?

Hope this will be removed in the final toy. ^_^

I did notice that also, but was hopping it's just a prototype.

Robotkingdom is listing MP UM for $151.90 +S&H, that is cheap, but don't know how much they charge for S&H. I'll wait and see what other sites are selling it for.

Item includes:
Ultra Magnus Main Body
Face for Exchange X 1
Weapon X 1
Daniel Figure X 1
Spike Figure X 1
Fist for Exchange
Manual

Robotkingdom is listing MP UM for $151.90 +S&H, that is cheap, but don't know how much they charge for S&H.

I just got a shipping quote from them. There were 3 choices ranging from $80 to $120. Dayum!

Item includes:

Ultra Magnus Main Body

Face for Exchange X 1

Weapon X 1

Daniel Figure X 1

Spike Figure X 1

Fist for Exchange

Manual

Spike and Daniel...nice extras. Beats an apron and snack tray.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'll wait for hlj at least they're wont' jack up shipping. (sorry but robot kingdom did that to me before, it's a turn off, though it may be legit shipping quote , i can't trust them)