Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

The Providence-y MS in the middle isn't Knight Justice. It lacks the distinctive head-crest/sensor that all of Athrun's MS have had in one way or another. Aegis and Justice had a very distinctive, tall headcrest with an elongated forehead sensor. Savior has a head 'spike' with a sensor on it that curves along the front of it like some types of battery powered lamps. The heavy ones, for camping and do-it-yourself repairs, things of that nature. Justice mk 2 has an Aegis/Justice style forehead sensor, as opposed to a Savior style one. Judging on the price of the MSiA, Knight Justice will retain the subflight system that Justice had, also.. no funnels for it.

I was thinking, could the Providence-ish looking MS actually be the Knight Justice?

Could be. But.....

Knight Justice:

knightjustice0ot.th.jpg

Old Justice:

oldjustice9qr.th.jpg

It's kinda hard to ignore the shots of Knight Justice..Providence II has that double V-fin and that collar that is not on any image of Justice. It also appears that the beam sabers are on the hips again.

It lacks the distinctive head-crest/sensor that all of Athrun's MS have had in one way or another. Aegis and Justice had a very distinctive, tall headcrest with an elongated forehead sensor.

Yet another running gag.....

In appearance of order there's Rey, Lumaria and Shin standing by the respected Gundams.....soooooooo.....guess that means Lunmaria is going to be a Gundam pilot *shrugs*

Rumor has it that Lunamaria is going to take the reigns of Impulse (kinda like Emma Sheen of Zeta). But we won't know that till Destiny shows up (which will probably be around the 30+ episode mark). Much will happen in the coming episodes so prepare for a flood of stuff to come our way.

Well it was from SEED,, Before heading to Plant to talk to his Father, Athrun tells Dearka that if he don't return take care of Justice. And Dearka pretty much said no,, you can come back and pilot Justice yourself..................... now watch that flash again to and see Athrun expression after he saw Justice when he comes back. :lol::lol:

Edited by F360°

oh just incase some of you haven't seen this flash.,, It's really funny,,you got to was all the way to the end :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.geocities.jp/kenkoudaa/page110.html

:lol::lol::lol:

Kind of reminds me of a strip from one of the UC mangas (I think that's where it was) with CF pilots going to the hangar and the pilots have to draw for their mecha. First guy gets a GM. Second guy gets a ball. Last guy gets a ball with the cannon removed and a note saying "sorry we had to borrow the gun there's one on order."

Something to that effect.

So back to our mysterious gundam, guess it likely is the next providence, so that should go to Rey, and Luna takes the Impulse. So now everyone has a gundam.

Since Luna is used to the Gunner Zaku, maybe she'll opt to use the Blast Sillouette in space over the Force Sillouette more often?

I will bet a doughnut that Rey will become the pilot of the new Providence. As being something like a Raw clone with the newtype ping I can't see anyone else piloting it.

If that happens I wonder what Neo will get later one, I'm pretty sure that would outclass his Exass. I'm guessing he would get either a new mobile armor, or a really souped up Windam with somekind of gunbarrel pack.

I find the group shots to be kinda funny,, where the Zaft side it's 1 girl and 3 guys, but on the Arch angel is the other way around,, 1 guys and 4 girls.

Don't you know? Kira always gets the girls. *dodges objects being throw as another running gag is mentioned* :lol:

now watch that flash again to and see Athrun expression after he saw Justice when he comes back

Poor Athrun.....subject of so many jokes.....

Since Luna is used to the Gunner Zaku, maybe she'll opt to use the Blast Sillouette in space over the Force Sillouette more often?

To that I say, "We don't know." We don't really know Lunamaria's fighting preference. Sure she uses the Gunner attachment, but that may be if she is to serve as long-range support for the group. As a side note, unlike Strike, Impulse's sales have been poor (due to it being Strike Mk II). Giving it to Luna may not help Impulse's sales overall. The only thing we can do is wait and see.

edit:

If that happens I wonder what Neo will get later one, I'm pretty sure that would outclass his Exass. I'm guessing he would get either a new mobile armor, or a really souped up Windam with somekind of gunbarrel pack.

Fukada will pull another Providence out of his ass and present it on the last 2 episodes. :lol:

Edited by azrael

So back to our mysterious gundam, guess it likely is the next providence, so that should go to Rey, and Luna takes the Impulse. So now everyone has a gundam.

ah ha, so that's rather like command and conquer generals when you play the GLA.

You have that upgrade for angry mob, and when you get it, the voice over says: "AK-47 for everyone" followed by a cheer.

It's kind of similar here: "Gundams for everybody."

I'm selling off all my Destiny & SEED MSiA. Details in this thread in the 'For Sale' Forum.

First come, first served.

Graham

Sticking with GQ and higher quality figures huh?

The HCM Pro's don't suffer any warping, so those might be worth picking up, at least for the Zakus and such since you have all the GQ Impulses already. I love my little Zaku Warrior.

I broke down and ordered a GQ Sword Impulse this week.

I'm selling off all my Destiny & SEED MSiA. Details in this thread in the 'For Sale' Forum.

First come, first served.

Graham

Strewth boss, what up? I thought you like the series so far!

the wife must be makin' him clean up his collection :p

wish i had money at the moment...i'm pretty much broke right now <_<

Strewth boss, what up? I thought you like the series so far!

I'm up to episode # 23 so far, but I am starting to go off Destiny a bit. No specific reason I can pin down. I just don't seem to be enjoying the recent episodes as much. Perhaps it's because there seems to be too much emphasis on the original SEED characters now rather than the Destiny gang. I will carry on and stick with the series to the end though. Hopefully I'll start enjoying it more again.

Main reasons for getting rid of the MSiAs are too many toys and serious lack of space. I've been buying a lot of books and DVDs recently, so some toys need to be cleared out to make room, and MSiAs being the lowest quality toys I own will always be first on the chopping block.

I am very happy with the MMM GQ figures. I'm still considering whether to pick up the HCM Pro Impulse for my desk at work.

Graham

I'm up to episode # 23 so far, but I am starting to go off Destiny a bit. No specific reason I can pin down. I just don't seem to be enjoying the recent episodes as much. Perhaps it's because there seems to be too much emphasis on the original SEED characters now rather than the Destiny gang. I will carry on and stick with the series to the end though. Hopefully I'll start enjoying it more again.

Yeah...that should the point were it picks up.... That point inbetween Archangel "kidnapping" Cagalli to about were you are is quite boring. I was actually tempted to work on my backlog of unwatched series but I found some other things to keep myself occupied. The story just doesn't really move in that 9-episode span. The only thing that gave it life was Shinn meeting Stellar. When you get to episode 26, it should start to bring some life back to the series.

I agree with Graham. The starting few episodes had great pacing and focused on the Destiny Cast. But now it seems too focused on the old cast. I hoped that they only show up later to kick ass...not focused around them....AGAIN for more than half the show. Abit disappointed about this...and lack of Lunamaria or any of the Seed cast's development. (i lie...i just want more Luna. :p)

Pic of Knight Justice :)

out of the whole Gundam SEED Destiny line of Mobile suits, this is the only one that actually looks good without being animated. Unlike the rest where I have to watch it animated to give it a second chances because their line art looks fugly.

post-26-1114160237_thumb.jpg

Edited by F360°

considering whether to pick up the HCM Pro Impulse for my desk at work.

I wish I could take some toys to my office.

I have a couple of Dengeki magazines hided...

I even have to be carefull while surfing on MW and related anime Sci Fi sites...

:(

considering whether to pick up the HCM Pro Impulse for my desk at work.

I wish I could take some toys to my office.

I have a couple of Dengeki magazines hided...

I even have to be carefull while surfing on MW and related anime Sci Fi sites...

:(

consider yourself lucky,, I work outside so no net for me at all.

What the hell? The Justice is completely unchanged apart from semi-folding wings!

That's so lame <_< Jesus Kunio, I didn't think you could sink so low :angry:

Apparently, Knight Justice is developed alongside Super Freedom... and they have 'a new type of engine' according to Gunota. Even higher output nuclear engines?

Athrun once again gets the short end of the stick.

He deserves to be pissed, though the folding wings look cool.

I also disagree with the focus they've given to the original crew. They should have stayed more secondary, not share the spotlight like they've been doing. All the time they spend on the AA is taking away from the Minerva crew. Also, since they have Kira being some kind of god of mobile suit combat, the aces on the Minerva somehow look like rookies. Hopefully this will change soon.

Pic of Knight Justice  :)

out of the whole Gundam SEED Destiny line of Mobile suits,  this is the only one that actually looks good without being animated.  Unlike the rest where I have to watch it animated to give it a second chances because their line art looks fugly.

Hmm, not too bad. Hell I kind of like it. Thats is how Justice should have looked to begin with.

At least the legs aren't taken right off from the CGUE, and head from the Aegis like with the first Justice. You want to talk about how low Okawara can go, I think the first Justice was somewhere near rock bottom. Just about everything from that suit was jacked from another.

Anyone see this mean looking unit before? MAHQ says Mr. N Dagger N equipped with a Mirage Colloid and nuclear engine. Personaly I think this is the best looking MS in Destiny (aside from the Strike Rouge and Out Frame), too bad it's an MSV, so we'll never see it in the series.

post-26-1114185574.jpg

Edited by Druna Skass

Knight Justice looks interesting. It kinda looks like a cape when the wings are folded in and the backpack is flat against the back like that. :lol:

Now for the rest of the notes:

From Gunota:

Armaments:

Destiny Gundam

17.5mm CIWS x 2

RQM-60F Flash Edge 2 beam boomerang x 2

MMI-714 Arondight (sword)

M2000GX high energy, long-range beam cannon

MM-X340 Palma Fiocchina (?) x 2 (palm beam cannon)

MA-BAR73/S high energy beam rifle

Destroy Gundam

High-energy cannon "Aulu Boulard Dreizehn" x 2 (still definitely not sure about that spelling, the kana used here also differs from that shown in Comic Bon Bon)

Thermal plasma composite cannon "Nefertem 503" (circumference beam cannon x 20)

200mm energy cannon "Zorn" mk 2 (possible typo on the mk #)

Igelstellung x 4

1580mm multi-phase energy cannon "Super Scylla" x 3

Sturm Faust

Mark 62 6-tube multipurpose missle launcher x 4

Schneid Schuetz SX1021 (not sure about this spelling either)

Now for the notes from Dengeki and Hobby Japan (gathered at Animesuki):

-K-Justice and S-Freedom are both new models (Justice for obvious reasons, BTW, I am taking bets on it blowing up at the end of the series)

-Both MSs contain new engines (probably to withstand the Neutron Stampeder)

-Destiny may have a beam-type shield (still waiting on a confirm)

-The 1/144 model shows that S-Freedom's railguns move to the rear (it's ass) to allow the beam rifles to be stored on the hips. So yes, the beam rifles can be stored on the hips.

And now for episode spoilers (hopefully confirmed this time) from Degenki (episode names are confirmed from Hobby Japan) I'll see if I can get actual translations later.

Ep. 28 - Repeat episode 23....only this time Cagalli gets shot down by a berserk Shinn.

Ep. 29 - Not a clip show. Lacus reunites with Kira and they worry about Athrun. The good chairman evaluates his relationships with Talia, Rey, and Le Crueset. (Rey's past might get some details now)

Ep. 30 - Minerva heads to Gilbraltar for repairs after the attack in the Black Sea. Stellar is getting weaker. Shinn overhears the doc and Talia talking about Stellar.

Ep. 31 -  Shinn and Rey are thrown into the brig for disobeying orders/violations/criminal acts (I'm guessing, they return Stellar to the nearest EA base). The Phantom Pain heads to Russia after the lost of Auel and get Destroy Gundam. Cagalli meets with ORB officers who are not loyal to the current administration. Yeh, Kisaka found some souls who are still loyal to the Attha family.

Ep. 32, "Stellar" - Destroy shows up and blows away a few cities. Minvera moves in to intercept and Shinn finds out it's Stellar piloting Destroy. Apparently, she doesn't recognize him and then Kira and Archangel show up.

Capabilities? Armaments?

Well, let's see....Flying backpack, check. Large beam cannons on the backpack, check. CIWS? Check. Beam sabers? Check.

Now what else it has? We have no clue...

edit: Got a preview for episode 32 and some additional episode 31 info from Gundam Ace now.

Edited by azrael

Looks like the Eurasians built the Destroy. Well I guess that explains why it's so huge, given that they like big mobile armors. That unit should prove to be pretty nasty if it used both Atlantic and Eurasian technology (not like it isn't nasty enough as it is with 3x scylla cannons).

Edited by Druna Skass

Knight Justice looks interesting. It kinda looks like a cape when the wings are folded in and the backpack is flat against the back like that. :lol:

Now for the rest of the notes:

From Gunota:

Armaments:

Destiny Gundam

17.5mm CIWS x 2

RQM-60F Flash Edge 2 beam boomerang x 2

MMI-714 Arondight (sword)

M2000GX high energy, long-range beam cannon

MM-X340 Palma Fiocchina (?) x 2 (palm beam cannon)

MA-BAR73/S high energy beam rifle

Destroy Gundam

High-energy cannon "Aulu Boulard Dreizehn" x 2 (still definitely not sure about that spelling, the kana used here also differs from that shown in Comic Bon Bon)

Thermal plasma composite cannon "Nefertem 503" (circumference beam cannon x 20)

200mm energy cannon "Zorn" mk 2 (possible typo on the mk #)

Igelstellung x 4

1580mm multi-phase energy cannon "Super Scylla" x 3

Sturm Faust

Mark 62 6-tube multipurpose missle launcher x 4

Schneid Schuetz SX1021 (not sure about this spelling either)

Now for the notes from Dengeki and Hobby Japan (gathered at Animesuki):

-K-Justice and S-Freedom are both new models (Justice for obvious reasons, BTW, I am taking bets on it blowing up at the end of the series)

-Both MSs contain new engines (probably to withstand the Neutron Stampeder)

-Destiny may have a beam-type shield (still waiting on a confirm)

-The 1/144 model shows that S-Freedom's railguns move to the rear (it's ass) to allow the beam rifles to be stored on the hips. So yes, the beam rifles can be stored on the hips.

And now for episode spoilers (hopefully confirmed this time) from Degenki (episode names are confirmed from Hobby Japan) I'll see if I can get actual translations later.

Ep. 28 - Repeat episode 23....only this time Cagalli gets shot down by a berserk Shinn.

Ep. 29 - Not a clip show. Lacus reunites with Kira and they worry about Athrun. The good chairman evaluates his relationships with Talia, Rey, and Le Crueset. (Rey's past might get some details now)

Ep. 30 - Minerva heads to Gilbraltar for repairs after the attack in the Black Sea. Stellar is getting weaker. Shinn overhears the doc and Talia talking about Stellar.

Ep. 31 -  Shinn and Rey are thrown into the brig for disobeying orders/violations/criminal acts (I'm guessing, they return Stellar to the nearest EA base). The Phantom Pain heads to Russia after the lost of Auel and get Destroy Gundam.

Ep. 32, "Stellar".

Capabilities? Armaments?

Well, let's see....Flying backpack, check. Large beam cannons on the backpack, check. CIWS? Check. Beam sabers? Check.

Now what else it has? We have no clue...

I would like to see Destiny doing DBZ style attacks with those palm cannons. :lol:

K-Justice is sooooooo undergunned compared to Freedom. Hardly seems fair. Not even a Transformation system? Not that I expect it to look good, but....

K-Justice looks just a TAD bit cooler then the first Justice, but poor Athrun......"......................THAT'S IT I'M GONNA NUKE ALL OF YOU CAUSE OF THIS PINK GUNDAM!"

The next 4 episodes might be good story movers from what I see, and I'm glad to see......well...I can't say unless everyone read the spoilers....

Friend of mine called me up lastnight after I sent him 1-24 of Destiny and he's been just has these glazed over eyes and stuff when he told me to come on over to see something.

He'd seen basically every episode right after he got home till he called me. But that wasn't all.

Poor bastard whose got this animation program has been working on a drawing of Lacus based off the screen caps he's been taking which he started around episode 12 I think.

All I can say is that I REALLY wish I could show you guys how his Lacus is coming out. Its nearly spot on perfect.

In his words,

Man it took me about an hour to get this right, but most of the time was spent on those eyes, why dear god WHY do those eyes have to be drawn in such a way? They're all girlish looking!

The main reason he had me come over was to comment on Lacus and to give him some info as a fellow artist myself whose dipped into some minor animation...mostly just drawing by hand and flipping the pages.

Had to discuss with him how long and how detailed he wanted it. We decided we're just going to do something simple. A shot of lacus tilting her head, blinking, smiling going "Genki Deska?" with Pink-Chan jumping around going "Miyo!" with its ears flapping.

:rolleyes: he looked at me with his jaw dropped, "Wha....its only 5 seconds"