Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Kira get owned? By Shin? I can't see that happening. Has Shin shown any ability that would indicate he could scratch Freedom? Man, that would just be weird after Kira owned everyone in ep. 23. I think a more likely situation would be Kira jumping in front of a blast to protect someone else, or Kira getting gang raped by everyone at the same time. Just my 2 cents.

Kira get owned? By Shin? I can't see that happening. Has Shin shown any ability that would indicate he could scratch Freedom? Man, that would just be weird after Kira owned everyone in ep. 23. I think a more likely situation would be Kira jumping in front of a blast to protect someone else, or Kira getting gang raped by everyone at the same time. Just my 2 cents.

Shinn is a pretty good pilot, but his problem is, he's too hot-headed on the battlefield. Unlike Athrun or Kira, who become emotionless, Shinn just lets it all out. Only when he's cleared his mind does he go SEED. But Shinn is a good pilot. He just needs to learn control.

Probably the only one who could fight Kira is Athrun. Shinn can only do it if he's gone SEED. Then it becomes a contest of experience, and well, Kira has more. Shinn only has experience in shooting down cannon fodder and druggies. Kira has experience with trained and cannon fodder pilots, druggies, and Newtypes.

I just need to understand this a bit better because it doesn't make sense to me. Is this statement true or false:

The SEED factor is competely independant of whether a person is a coordinator or a natural.

If this si true, then why do the only people we see who have the SEED factor are all coordinators?

Not all coordinators have SEEDs. Cagalli, who is a natural, also went into SEED mode at the end of the first series. Also one doesn't need to be in mobile suit combat to go into SEED as well. Lacus did while on the ship in the last battle. It's just that most people that have been shown as going SEED have been coordinators cause of the direction the director wants to take the show. He's completely hung up on coordinators = good, natural = bad. You do notice how he takes a lot of chances to show this, especially in Destiny. No wonder we've only seen coordinators go it for the most part save Cagalli. I feel her's was just done to make her fans happy, not for any story purpose.

Yeah, Cagalli going Seed mode really made zero sense to me. Humans can do it now? I've never gone Seed mode (except when I was blindingly drunk I think....)

I'd write it off as due to her relation to Kira.....maybe since they're siblings, he's doing some newtype hocus pocus and sending her some of his power? Or maybe her genes WERE altered a bit? dunno....

Then again it's hard to tell things apart when the director says one thing and does another. He says that Mwu and Rau are the only two newtypes but we see Kira sense people, not once but twice. We have the newtype ping between Neo and Rey. So he either says one thing on purpose to throw people off or he simply does not know what he is saying when he's in an interview cause he tends to go against himself.

The "only Mu and Rau" thing was for the first series. Except for the advances Kira made at the end toward newtype. While Kira doesn't have the ping yet, it's concievable he will at some point, he's already sensing stuff. Rey and Neo are obviously newtypes as well, and they took time in the begining to show off their ability. In space Rey was the best apt at fighting Neo. Though they haven't let Rey have much chance to do anything lately, hopefully that'll change soon.

Edited by Anubis

great pictures as for the PG aile strike it looks like it has a display stand which i am very much hoping for. if you look underneath the PG strike there is a section that opens up for what looks like a display stand, the MG strike had it to and that is where the display stand fit in, if not i will just make my own .

Edited by zeo-mare

Even though I don't own a Perfect Grade Strike Gundam, I just may pick this up just for the 1/60 scale Sky Grasper. Any idea if the Aile Strike pack will work with the regular 1/60 scale Strike Gundam?

As you can tell from the pic...yes, it will work.

It did get a bit of a redesign, theres a heck of a lot more detail and the wings dont just go taper out to the ends, they do a stair step kinda thing, I've got the MG strike and its Aile wings are different than these. The line art shows it better.

post-26-1113000260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shmitty

I think the picture showing with stand is a standard Mastergrade, it has the Mastergrade knees.  I would love a launch stand for my PerfectGrade but it's going to be pretty big. perhaps it'll just be a simple Freedom stand.

*EDIT* Nevermind, I see what you meant.

Edited by Shmitty

Even though I don't own a Perfect Grade Strike Gundam, I just may pick this up just for the 1/60 scale Sky Grasper. Any idea if the Aile Strike pack will work with the regular 1/60 scale Strike Gundam?

I heard it was designed to go on the PG Strike ??

So Nu-Freedom /does/ have two beam rifles. Depending on their power output it might not of honestly lost much by ditching the two Balena plasma cannons and Lupus for two beam rifles and a positron bellygun...

..Dosn't mean that the belly gun isn't stupider then the Balenas, though :(

Also, Nu-Freedom for the title card instead of Destiny?

Shinn = pwn3d. :lol:

Edited by DarkPhoenix

Hmm.......  More UC Mobile Suits  blue Gouf, Rick-Dom and New Justice looks like a VF-1 in fighter mode with the Gunpod under it.  Stellar is now Four, so whats next a new Sazabi with Gill as the pilot  :D

New Justice looks like a VF-1 in fighter mode with the Gunpod under it.

Er, sorry but I don't understand this post. Isn't that the Minerva. ;)

Hmm.......   More UC Mobile Suits  blue Gouf, Rick-Dom and New Justice looks like a VF-1 in fighter mode with the Gunpod under it.  Stellar is now Four, so whats next a new Sazabi with Gill as the pilot  :D

New Justice looks like a VF-1 in fighter mode with the Gunpod under it.

Er, sorry but I don't understand this post. Isn't that the Minerva. ;)

Hmm........... I`ll check it out.

Hell YEAH!

Doms (3 of them, maybe a black trinity making its way into this show)

Blue Gouf

Destiny and Nu-Freedom fighting?

Shinn and Luna holding hands or just walking close together?

NU Freedom looks better in animation, so does Destiny.

No question Stellar pilots the Destroy now.

It would be interesting to keep the AA and Minerva on different sides of the line. Freedom was destroying Zaft suits too. A Zaku, and what looks like a Gouf.

Mwu could still be a clone, or could be real Mwu. We'll have to see.

post-26-1113072603_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Maybe they'll replace Nu-Freedom with Destiny on the 4th opening. Does this mean AA is the focus of this arc? Or is Shinn so outclassed by Kira and Athrun that he's a secondary character now?

Finally, and opening without an annoying male vocal. :)

So Nu-Freedom /does/ have two beam rifles. Depending on their power output it might not of honestly lost much by ditching the two Balena plasma cannons and Lupus for two beam rifles and a positron bellygun...

Okay, the 2 beam rifles attach one behind the other (like Buster) for one large cannon. Buster rifle ala Wing?

Yeah, their bringing in the Dom and a blue GOUF.

Neo looks like Mu....but that still doesn't answer the question, is he Mu?

I said it once and I'll say it again, Nu Freedom looks better with it's wings open.

And Andy is in disguise next episode when Lacus and him go to PLANT. He looks kinda funny with that wig....

edit: One more thing, looks like Luna is getting Impulse. Does this mean she finally ruins her ZAKU beyond repair?

Edited by azrael