Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

From Gunota:

C.E.73 Stargazer & DESTINY SE info

People with early release of Newtype magazine are reporting the following:

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E.73 Stargazer

- Format: 3 episodes each 15 minutes long. Available through net streams and events. It will first appear at Shizuoka Hobby Show in May

Staff:

- Director: Susumu Nishizawa

- Script: Shigeru Morita

- Character Designer: Kenichi Ohnuki

- Mecha Design: Kunio Okawara, Beecraft

2 main characters:

- Sven Cal Bayan: 19 year old male natural. Phantom Pain 2nd Lt.

- Selene McGriff: 28 year old female coordinator. One of the researcher of "GSX-401FW Stargazer Project"

Main unit:

- GAT-X105E Strike Noir - Based on Strike Gundam. (Gunpla version will come out)

Article notes:

Deep Space InveStigation Development organization (DSSD)

According to the article, Selene is apparently apart of a group called DSSD whose main objective is the "GSX-401FW Stargazar Project." She has egocentric tendancies from time to time despite her intelligence.

As for Sven, apparently his unit holds an unusual relentlessness of hatred towards Coordinators.

It takes place IMMEDIATELY after the Break the World event.

Stargazer is the name of an "all-white" mobile suit.

The integrated performance of the 105E was redone at the Aktaion Industries (From the Astray manga).

iup1732002ed0av.th.jpg

and....

SEED DESTINY Special Edition

- Format: 4 part series with first one airing this Spring in widescreen format.

- Story is based on Athrun's point of view. The reason behind this according to Fukuda: if this is done in Kira's POV, Shinn becomes the enemy. If this is done in Shinn's POV, Kira becomes the enemy. Meeting between Kira and Shinn will be brand new animation.

It doesn't look like Fukada is doing the OAV since he's doing the Special Editions. Although, 3 15-minute OAVs isn't much...

Edited by azrael

So they won't make a third series where lacus clyne goes evil and corrupt and takes over the world and space and rules both with an iron fist by secretly manufacturing newer more powerful mobile suits behind everyone's back?

377770[/snapback]

That was SEED Destiny. Everything went according to plan. :lol: Hail Chairman Lacus. :p

Edited by Anubis

So they won't make a third series where lacus clyne goes evil and corrupt and takes over the world and space and rules both with an iron fist by secretly manufacturing newer more powerful mobile suits behind everyone's back?

377770[/snapback]

That was SEED Destiny. Everything went according to plan. :lol: Hail Chairman Lacus. :p

377778[/snapback]

One modest alteration, barely noticeable. Iron fist in a soft velvet glove.

From Gunota:

- Format: 3 episodes each 15 minutes long. Available through net streams and events. It will first appear at Shizuoka Hobby Show in May

Staff:

- Director: Susumu Nishizawa

- Script: Shigeru Morita

- Character Designer: Kenichi Ohnuki

2 main characters:

- Sven Cal Bayan: 19 year old male natural. Phantom Pain 2nd Lt.

- Selene McGriff: 28 year old female coordinator. One of the researcher of "GSX-401FW Stargazer Project"

Main unit:

- GAT-X105E Strike Noir - Based on Strike Gundam. (Gunpla version will come out)

Article notes:

Deep Space InveStigation Development organization (DSSD)

According to the article, Selene is apparently apart of a group called DSSD whose main objective is the "GSX-401FW Stargazar Project." She has egocentric tendancies from time to time despite her intelligence.

As for Sven, apparently his unit holds an unusual relentlessness of hatred towards Coordinators.

It takes place IMMEDIATELY after the Break the World event.

Stargazer is the name of an "all-white" mobile suit.

The integrated performance of the 105E was redone at the Aktaion Industries (From the Astray manga).

377657[/snapback]

Well, at least no Fukada equals something good... If he was directing his, halfway though the first episode the new characters would be abandoned and Kira +crew would be brought back to fill the remainining 37 and a half minutes :p .

From Gunota:

377657[/snapback]

What's that Gundam that looks like a cross between Aegis and Choas in the bottom left ahnd corner?

From Gunota:

377657[/snapback]

What's that Gundam that looks like a cross between Aegis and Choas in the bottom left ahnd corner?

377862[/snapback]

That's the GAT-X105E Strike Noir. It's the same gundam in the background.

Sound be very interesting to see what this new OVA is like, especailly if the main character seems to be a natural. It being set directly after "Break the World" should make for a very intense style of battles. Hatred for Coordinators are or should have been at an all time high and with the main pilot seeming to be a natural, things had better be directed toward this. Makes me wonder if we'll see Neo (pre-return to Mwu fart up) and the other 3 Extended.

Hmm is it me or does saying "extended" sound lame compared to calling the other three from GS "druggies"?

As for the OVA of SEED Destiny. I'm actually looking forward to this to be honest. Reason being is that I don't care at all for Kira (liked him in SEED pre-Freedom but hated during Destiny) and Lacus(never for her). From Athurn's point of view is good. Like it should have been from the very beginning before Kira was reintroduced. If this has new animation, perhaps they can change the ending so the series isn't a complete horrible mess.

As for the OVA of SEED Destiny. I'm actually looking forward to this to be honest. Reason being is that I don't care at all for Kira (liked him in SEED pre-Freedom but hated during Destiny) and Lacus(never for her). From Athurn's point of view is good. Like it should have been from the very beginning before Kira was reintroduced. If this has new animation, perhaps they can change the ending so the series isn't a complete horrible mess.

377897[/snapback]

A user on another forum mentioned that the current Destiny manga-adaptation is done from Athrun's POV, so you may want to check that out and compare the style of storytelling.

Its funny but isn't most of the anime centered around athrun and his indecision?

That's what i feel anyway. Seems Shinn took the backseat during Seed Destiny and it was all about Athrun.

Hey, look at it this way, there's no need to worry though!  Kunio Okawara is STILL on the job!

378141[/snapback]

So is BEECRAFT...which is funny since they do most of the Gunpla manual drawings. I won't worry too much about Okawara's lineart....the animators have a tendency to make it look better when it's not on paper.

Stargazer.... hmmm sounds an awful lot like starblazer.... :p

Anyway, as far as the MS is concerned, I don't really care if it's a gundam or if it's fancy looking. In fact, I would've rather had the MS be a Windam instead. It's the story that counts, although one wonders how good a story might be told in 3xOVA of 15 minutes each.

I'd honestly perfer seeing OVA's like how UC was handled, less Gundam, more Cannon Fodder side stories like 8th MS Team, and such...or movie variations. Hell I'd love to see Seed performed in a CCA fashion like anyone else between Athrun and Kira, but we know it wont happen cause pretty boys don't fight eachother, they hug and kiss and have flash backs of they're undying love for eachother, its the GS way.

I'd honestly perfer seeing OVA's like how UC was handled, less Gundam, more Cannon Fodder side stories like 8th MS Team, and such...or movie variations.  Hell I'd love to see Seed performed in a CCA fashion like anyone else between Athrun and Kira, but we know it wont happen cause pretty boys don't fight eachother, they hug and kiss and have flash backs of they're undying love for eachother, its the GS way.

379052[/snapback]

Amen, brother...

but the three 15 minute OVAs kind of make that kind of quality show unlikely.

Pretty boys should fight with each other, but they'd probably be fighting over other pretty boys at the rate GS was going. In the end of GSD, it started to look like Kira and Athrun was gonna get married, now that would've been a first for a Gundam series. And it would have ensured that the producers get burned at the stakes.

Athrun and Kira, but we know it wont happen cause pretty boys don't fight eachother, they hug and kiss and have flash backs of they're undying love for eachother, its the GS way.

They do more than that in all that sick yaoi that perverted anime fangirls buy. :p

I was serious about seeing Lacus go all corrupt. She is the most interesting character in the series - like minmay but with all the connections and more mysterious. (like her seed mode) She should use that Seed mode to control ship-sized versions of bits with her mind.

This seed mode thing is similar to rahxephon where you see the water drop in a puddle. What is that symbolic of? (or is it just coincidence that it is seen in another show?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Quick blurb:

1st Seed Destiny Special Edition ED Theme: Nami Tamaki - "Result".

379233[/snapback]

The only result is this,

"Minor Stargazer update (from Gunota)

A promo sheet that can be seen at the Char Custom Blog indicates that the OVA will also be shown in stores, like the Gundam Evolve shorts and Astray/SEED MSV promo anime, and that the general release date will be in June. Expansion of related merchandise into the Gundam Collection and HCM-Pro lines is planned."

HCM Pro Strike Noir? I am so there!

Hey guys, I remembered reading ANN that there was some 13 year old girl who sang for one of the OPs for Gundam Seed Destiny, was that person Takashi Hitomi who sang Bokutachi No Yukue?

If it was, i am impressed by her voice.

Edited by wolfx

Hey guys, I remembered reading ANN that there was some 13 year old girl who sang for one of the OPs for Gundam Seed Destiny, was that person Takashi Hitomi who sang Bokutachi No Yukue?

383140[/snapback]

She was 15 (going on 16) when she sang the theme song. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...le.php?id=25365

383140[/snapback]

She was 15 (going on 16) when she sang the theme song. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...le.php?id=25365

383201[/snapback]

Ahh...thanks for that. Her voice rocks and the song rocks too. ;)

I think the only things i liked about Seed Destiny were the Op/Ed songs...minus the final OP.

You know, before they go and make an HCM Pro Strike Noir, I would like to see an actual HCm Pro Strike Gundam. Preferrably a complete set with all 3 packs and at least 1 sky grasper.

You know, before they go and make an HCM Pro Strike Noir, I would like to see an actual HCm Pro Strike Gundam.  Preferrably a complete set with all 3 packs and at least 1 sky grasper.

383311[/snapback]

I've wanted that for a while, I can see Stirke, Skygrasper and all it's weapons fitting nicely in the MKII sets box. :lol:

Strike Noir is looking interesting though, seems to have loads of gimmicks in it's pack. B))

Duel Kai and Buster Kai...and a better pic of Strike Noir.

11430476107825ey5hd.th.jpg

382996[/snapback]

Just by looking at the pics, is it safe to say that Strike Noir does'nt feature DRAGOONS? :ph34r: [i'm really not a fan of them, BTW]

Edited by grss1982