Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

it looks good to me i am going to pick one up soon, so i will post pics when i get the chance. as for the little flaws, most GFF and Zeonography have them , but the figures are small some of the errors are so tiny when they are on the shelf you will not even notice.

chris

ew, I can see uneven blops on certain parts of it from those pictures....man ew...espically that groin lookie there....*shivers* I've done better paint jobs....and I don't get paid for that.

The sculpt rocks, but the paint does look kind of sloppy on some parts. That's rather disappointing.

Edited by Anubis

Ok, i know it's sort of a newbie question, but i am trying to avoid all of the plot discussions in this thread since my only exposure to Seed is on Cartoon Network, so please forgive me. Are the Gundam Seed DVDs that I see in my local Best Buy the kid-safe CN versions, or are they the unedited versions?

Just checked out the raw of Ep24 and guess what upgrade the Arch Angel have.....

A HOT Spring Bath setup inside the ship with the bamboo ,the leaves and those basket for closthes.. That's like the best upgrade a Battleship can get.

There's also Bath senes of Lacus, Cagalli, and kira? :rolleyes:

There's also some spying done by Luna which I find pretty funny,, what length she would go for the guy she love,, well what can I say she is a Athrun fan. :lol:

Ooh its so NU! :p

Looks cool, although you still can't tell too much overall. Those look like energy shields on its forearms eh?

True, it doesn't reveal TOO much. I'm glad to see that ol' Freedom kept its hip-mounded railguns atleast. They appear to be more compact, GuAIZ R style ones though..

Yeah, not much of an upgrade for Freedom. Unfortunately Athrun's head is blocking the rest of the hip railguns so they may not be railguns anymore. Either that or they're drawn for effect than actual lineart. But we'll see. Nu-Freedom's head is slightly different. Don't know what those things on the forearms are. They could be "Geschmeidig Panzer" armor (Forbidden). Who knows. maybe when (spoiler highlight to read) when Andy and Lacus head to PLANT, they come back with some goodies for Freedom.

On a side note, are there any Newtype device besides funnels and bits that I've forgotten about?

Edited by azrael

There are the G-bits from Gundam X that use the Flash system (I think that is what it was called, you need needed to be a Newtype though in order to activate the system and to control the G-bits). But unlike funnels and bits, the Gbits were actual mobile suits that were controlled by the newtype pilot. Similar to how mobile dolls were controlled by Dorthey in Wing I think.

Edited by Effect

There are the G-bits from Gundam X that use the Flash system (I think that is what it was called, you need needed to be a Newtype though in order to activate the system and to control the G-bits). But unlike funnels and bits, the Gbits were actual mobile suits that were controlled by the newtype pilot. Similar to how mobile dolls were controlled by Dorthey in Wing I think.

Hummm, besides those. I'm thinking of things besides funnels or bits (or G-bits) that might be added to Nu-Freedom. From the way it looks, Nu Freedom might not have funnels. The plasma cannons in the wings are gone. From a previous pic, Nu-Freedom will have 2 beam rifles and the rail-guns, or at least part of them will stay. Or maybe it won't have have any Newtype weapon...Moonlight Butterfly-type?

Hummm, besides those. I'm thinking of things besides funnels or bits (or G-bits) that might be added to Nu-Freedom. From the way it looks, Nu Freedom might not have funnels. The plasma cannons in the wings are gone. From a previous pic, Nu-Freedom will have 2 beam rifles and the rail-guns, or at least part of them will stay. Or maybe it won't have have any Newtype weapon...Moonlight Butterfly-type?

Can't say for sure that there's no Bits/Funnels or wing-mounded Plasma Cannons.. and what were originally supposedly two beam rifles are now the hip-mounded railguns.

It likely still stores a beam rifle on its ass (but doesn't seem to have a shield anymore, suggesting those forearm doo-hickeys are energy shields in the same vein as Forbidden's system. Freedom's very existence is in violation of the Jachin Due treaty right down to its beam sabers, after all, so it's not like they could realistically be too squeamish about bringing that part of Mirage Colloid tech back..

Given they've thrown out atleast one solid suggestion that Kira is Newtype there's a good chance that Freedom will have some sort of newtype weapons system.

Wot's a funnel? :huh:

Bits and Funnels are, fundamentally, the same thing. Bits have an onboard powersupply however where as Funnels recharge by docking with the mother unit to recharge their e-pacs.

Given SEED's setup, Nu-Freedom is more likely to have recharging Funnels then nuclear-powered Bits.

The pic that came out earlier show the 2 beam rifles stored at the hip. Nu Freedom could still have the 2 beam rifles and mount them on the hips next to the rail guns. It could still work.

It just dawned on me that the parts on the arms could be reflectors, not deflection armor. This would be quite an upgrade for Freedom cuz he can literally stop a positron blast. And we've only seen MAs mount those things. If Nu-Freedom were to mount one...

Nu Freedom has some kind of box or something on it's shoulders/where the wings attach. Maybe it had Sazabi style Funnels on it?

Without the Shoulder cannons, and smaller hip cannons, it's got to have something on it, and what's in those two boxes has to be it.

Reflectors in the forearms + compact funnels would equal badass.

Edited by Anubis

Nu Freedom has some kind of box or something on it's shoulders/where the wings attach. Maybe it had Sazabi style Funnels on it?

Without the Shoulder cannons, and smaller hip cannons, it's got to have something on it, and what's in those two boxes has to be it.

Reflectors in the forearms + compact funnels would equal badass.

That could very well be. That'd explain the bulkier top of the wing binders. Freedom with Deflecters would be wicked.. horribly, horribly wicked. With its nuclear engine it'd never have to worry about running low on power for 'em, either. :ph34r:

Railguns, beam rifle(s?), funnels, positron deflecters.. which are really just overpowered beam shields anyways. :blink: Freedom's ready to pwn an entire new generation of MS.

Bits and Funnels are, fundamentally, the same thing. Bits have an onboard powersupply however where as Funnels recharge by docking with the mother unit to recharge their e-pacs.

Given SEED's setup, Nu-Freedom is more likely to have recharging Funnels then nuclear-powered Bits.

Like the ones on the Exus MA and the Chaos Gundams?

Like the ones on the Exus MA and the Chaos Gundams?

Yes. Although, is it confirmed that the Exus has wireless pods? I was of the understanding that they were wired like the Mobius.Zero's. Chaos has weapons pods that appear to function exactly like funnels, wireless and all.

Yes. Although, is it confirmed that the Exus has wireless pods? I was of the understanding that they were wired like the Mobius.Zero's. Chaos has weapons pods that appear to function exactly like funnels, wireless and all.

Exass has wired gunbarrels (watch episode 3 and look for the wires). Chaos has wireless weapon pods. Unfortunately, there isn't enough info on Chaos to say whether or not it has the DRAGOON system. For some reason, Chaos's weapon pods don't seem to act like funnels/bits. But I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait for detailed info on Chaos.

Exass has wired gunbarrels (watch episode 3 and look for the wires). Chaos has wireless weapon pods. Unfortunately, there isn't enough info on Chaos to say whether or not it has the DRAGOON system. For some reason, Chaos's weapon pods don't seem to act like funnels/bits. But I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait for detailed info on Chaos.

Was pretty sure Exass was wired.. wasn't sure though.

You're right in that Chaos's weapons pods don't really act like the funnels or bits we've seen before. They actually seem to function more as computer-controlled weapons pods rather then Newtype-controlled Bits/Funnels. Sting sure as hell hasn't been suggested to be a Newtype, after all. They could very well have built in AI subroutines to independantly attack a seleted target or targets.

A psycommu or psychoframe that enables its pilot to enhance mobile suit performance with their newtype abilities (ala Zeta & Nu) would be about all that's left.

The Exass was wired. In Ep. 2 it looked like they were wireless, but you could see the wires clearly in ep. 3.

The Chaos appears to just have wireless weapon pods, remote/computer controlled similar to how Athrun could control the backpack from the Justice Gundam.

The Dragoon System uses the high speed ass-whupping funnels. The Providence is the only real Dragoon system equppied MS so far. Big step up from the gunbarrels.

The Dreadnaught in Seed Astray also had a couple Dragoon bits, but those were scavenged and added to it if I'm not mistaken (haven't read it), and later would be swapped out for those wierd lasers in the Destiny Astray lineart since its new pilot couldn't use the dragoon parts.

Edited by Anubis

A psycommu or psychoframe that enables its pilot to enhance mobile suit performance with their newtype abilities (ala Zeta & Nu) would be about all that's left.

That's it huh? Guess I didn't miss anything.....With that new pic, I started to disect Nu Freedom. From the looks of it, it doesn't have funnels. A psycommu or psychframe would be useful but Freedom's a pretty darn good suit in its vanilla form at the moment. How much can Kira really push on that MS that would require tech for a Newtype. A psycommu/psychoframe would be the only possibility but does Nu-Freedom really need it? I get the feeling that Nu-Freedom has a reflector on it. It is the only MS that can meet a reflector's power requirements at this moment (Until I get Destiny's specs, I can't say) and it would fit with Nu-Freedom.

But I could be wrong about it. Damn you Fukada!

The Chaos appears to just have wireless weapon pods, remote/computer controlled similar to how Athrun could control the backpack from the Justice Gundam.

The Dragoon System uses the high speed ass-whupping funnels. The Providence is the only real Dragoon system equppied MS so far. Big step up from the gunbarrels.

I would say the DRAGOON system has an amazingly low latency or response time. The weapon pods of Chaos don't seem to react as fast as a DRAGOON or as fast as Exass' gunbarrels.

I wouldn't be counting on Freedom having funnels or anything that makes it even more powerful.

They're not going to make a second string cast member's mobile suit more powerful than the main characters mid season upgrade.

I wouldn't be counting on Freedom having funnels or anything that makes it even more powerful.

They're not going to make a second string cast member's mobile suit more powerful than the main characters mid season upgrade.

Even without the Funnels Nu-Freedom will surpass Destiny. :p