VF Girls

polidread

• 3 weeks later...
Well, now I don't even want to color it myself! How could I ever top that!?!

man, just do it! we arent in a contest, we're just sharing our stuff :)

im sure at least 2 people in the entire MWorld membership would want to see your original version of it.

besides MWorld's actually getting tired of my stuff and is raring to see new content from everyone else ! XD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo Poli, that is so freakin awesome!

Not only because of your professional execution but also that this is inspiring as an easy cosplay outfit. When I get some cash I will try to use this to make a costume for my GF (if she will agree). Sweet!

Hey Poli! Obviously I like all of your work. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This latest work I think is unique in some regards. The face is different. Not better or worse, but different and I appreciate the different direction you took this illustration. Word up!

*nods in agreement* Actually.. yeah, it's not quite the same style as the others, but it adds to the variety in a nice way....

The style is vaguely familiar actually... dunno who it reminds me of.... *facapalms* Wait... You might hate me.. but it kinda reminds me of the character designs in Kim Possible. :lol: It's the face style I think.

I still love it. ^_^

Re-did my VF girl, newer base model, better VF-25 parts, had some issues with the hair before (wasn't glued to the model) now fixed... Still have to fix the skinning, replace old textures with better high-res ones, learn how to do some good facial expressions...

Static render:

post-180-1268802803_thumb.jpg

Animated render (very low quality, 10 frames per minute :D):

post-180-1268803873_thumb.png

animated render i wanted to do (didn't finish because it would take a lot of time at preview quality):

post-180-1268804029_thumb.png

I will try to do a proper render and a longer animation when i have time. Still have to figure out how to do a lot of things... like explosions and smokes...

Edited by akt_m

*nods in agreement* Actually.. yeah, it's not quite the same style as the others, but it adds to the variety in a nice way....

The style is vaguely familiar actually... dunno who it reminds me of.... *facapalms* Wait... You might hate me.. but it kinda reminds me of the character designs in Kim Possible. :lol: It's the face style I think.

I still love it. ^_^

I was kinda thinking Disney. Ariel from Little Mermaid or Jane from Tarzan. Either way, there is clearly a different style at work here, which is cool to see. Somebody is very versatile.

Re-did my VF girl, newer base model, better VF-25 parts, had some issues with the hair before (wasn't glued to the model) now fixed... Still have to fix the skinning, replace old textures with better high-res ones, learn how to do some good facial expressions...

I will try to do a proper render and a longer animation when i have time. Still have to figure out how to do a lot of things... like explosions and smokes...

Pretty cool, man! Awesome, even.

Does anyone know if there's been any 'Gundam'-girl pics ever done?

yes, lots of them...

(the general term for mech-girls is "mecha musume.")

11 pages of results for "mecha_musume"+"gundam" (contains NSFW click at your own risk.)

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=mecha_...p;commit=Search

heeee!

thanks for the feedback! being versatile can be scary at times, might not be able to settle on a single distinctive artstyle!

akt_m : 3D VF25 Gal is awesome ! more MORE !

Variable Fighter Girls are actually an offshoot of the Mobile Suit Girls idea.

Mika Akitaka is credited with being one of the first official artists who proliferated them.

one would think that fans and their art would be the fast source of Mobile Suit Girls but Akitaka is an actual mecha designer for Gundams !

• 3 weeks later...