VF Girls

polidread

i know some of you save them for your own files, that's fine and okay - VFGs are Macrossworld babies

just dont go reposting them elsewhere and claiming them as your own works. that's just sad.

AGREED!

Give props to the actual artist, they deserve the credit for their work... :angry:

Here's another fan art in the works... going to revisit the Destroid Girls (I know the topic is about Valkyrie girls, but Destroid girls need some attention). Hopefully, it will not be almost a half year till I complete this. At this time, it's hard to see the laser canon slinged over her left shoulder and the missile rack slinged by her right side.

Grapetang, thank you, sometimes a Valk girl needs to come in and teach some discipline.

To answer your queston, did you want me to work even more? :p Seriously, I just like drawing the subject matter plus shadow, never thought much about drawing the background.

Edit: Brightness reduced. Lots of work will be made to ensure that I include head to toe of the Tomohawk girl

post-416-1252530941_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dangaioh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Polidread,

I've been following the VFGirls thread for a long time now, and am a fan of your work.

I would like to ask if I can use your "Full Armor VF-11 girl" image as part of my next tattoo.(Link below)...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=16377

A couple of years ago I spoke to Bake in Perth and he likes the way his artwork turned out in my previous tattoo.(Link below)...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/244162...ccac2167f_o.jpg

As you can see from the above image, My left arm features an epic Macross space battle. I intend for the right arm to be an earth based scene featuring original SDFM destroids defending the VF-11 Girl against incoming Q-Raus.

Please let me know if you have any problem with me proceeding with this tattoo, as once it's done, I won't be able to get rid of it. :)

Many Thanks,

-Taylor (BoganRobotLightning).

Hi Polidread,

I've been following the VFGirls thread for a long time now, and am a fan of your work.

I would like to ask if I can use your "Full Armor VF-11 girl" image as part of my next tattoo.(Link below)...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=16377

A couple of years ago I spoke to Bake in Perth and he likes the way his artwork turned out in my previous tattoo.(Link below)...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/244162...ccac2167f_o.jpg

As you can see from the above image, My left arm features an epic Macross space battle. I intend for the right arm to be an earth based scene featuring original SDFM destroids defending the VF-11 Girl against incoming Q-Raus.

Please let me know if you have any problem with me proceeding with this tattoo, as once it's done, I won't be able to get rid of it. :)

Many Thanks,

-Taylor (BoganRobotLightning).

So seriously what kind of career can you have all tatted up like that?

OK, so I haven't done any of these in a looong time (for that matter, I haven't really drawn much in a while, period). Plus, I am not working in ideal conditions (no scanner, using Photoshop CS4 on a Windows laptop instead of my iMac, etc.).

However, now that I am living in France and cannot even look for a job yet, let alone get one (I have to wait for my Carte de Sejour), I decided that maybe I should do some art. After re-reading about this whole damn thread, which is chock full of excellent work, I thought that I would draw another valk girl.

So, here's the inked drawing to start with, as a teaser. Color will come when it can, because I need to relearn how to use a mouse since my Wacom tablet, you guessed it, hasn't arrived yet.

That being said, without any further ado...

post-179-1254841776_thumb.jpg

So seriously what kind of career can you have all tatted up like that?

Knight26, It's 2009! Bank managers, lawyers, doctors, EVERYONE can be tattooed! The old social taboos pertaining to body art are only being held onto by people who look backward, not by the forward thinking types who usually visit sites like this. Hence, I assume there was some humor intended in your comment.

I myself have had a long and successful career in stage production... I design, build and operate light shows for some of the biggest touring acts in the world. As a Macross fan, it's neat to be able to say that I program robots to fire beams of light at crowds of people. :)

Being personally adorned with designs of Macross mecha has never cost me a gig or tour.

Most of the artwork found in this thread is exceptional. I'm proud of my Bake designed tattoo, I'll be proud of the Polidread designed tattoo when it's completed in December.

As this thread is dedicated to VF Girl appreciation, I doubt it would be appropriate to further continue a discussion about the place of tattoos in today's society here, apart from stating that it is intended as a great tribute to the skills of the artists represented here, that I have chosen their work to be a permanent part of my life.

Cool?

WDC - Awesome return. She's got some meat to her, which is a nice switch.

BRL - I work in film production, and nobody bats an eyelid at a tattoo, especially not on the G&E folks, who it seems more often than not have tatts. But, I also have friends who work in stuffy law firms that can't legally discriminate against somebody with dope ink, but would probably turn up their nose at it, because they DO look to the past. It's all old boy's network and stuff with those guys. So, you know, it's a valid question. That said: awesome tattoo. Definitely post pics of the Polidread version when that's up, too! Whoever the tattoo artist was, they did a faithful rendering.

Thanks Chillyche. Most of my VF gals are a bit meatier (and shorter) than Poli or Bake's. It appears my earlier ones from the first part of the decade are no longer linked in the thread (maybe due to some server switch or something?), so I'll just post a quick reminder of my past VF gal history.

p.s.- Can you believe this thread is 5 YEARS OLD?!? Wow.

12884_140694.jpg

GBP-1J Girl

12884_95321.jpg

VF-17 Girl w/ FAST packs (and PBR)

Shoot, I had another one, but can't seem to find it right now. Hmmm...

You know, I have this scar that looks just like a ropey, red EKG blip, and I'm gonna have an EKG scale tattooed around it with one of the scale lines curled up into "Still Alive".

Also, I kinda want a UNS kite on one shoulder and a Zent insignia on the other.

EDIT: WAITASECOND! That post had nothing at all to do with the topic at hand.

Nice VF Girls, Drew. Kinda loli-proportioned for my tastes, but the art is still good.

And, you know, any job will hire you as long as your tattoos aren't visible during work. If it's on your torso or upper arm, there should be no issue. And since most office workers wear long shirts, anyway, it really opens up anything but the face and neck.

Even at 15, I've been to many job interviews (Gotta get a part-time job to buy my own Macross stuff since my parents won't) and they ask all the same questions.

"Do you have any visible tattoos?"

You can have a career with tats, but only if you place them reasonably.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

BoganRobotLightning~ Taylor, we look forward to seeing the new skin art !

Dangaioh~ that's sweet! XD we need more Destroid Gals! (which reminds me, i havent drawn a Destroid Gal for a long while now...)

DWC~ im loving the pose! shows plenty of nice things ! can i color her, too?

arent you folks so excited to see Ranka in a Valkyrie Girl costume ?!

are VFGirls a canon fanservice now? hahaha!

this is a single 5-year old thread that hasnt been closed, flamed, or spammed to death!

are we running for any sort of Macrossworld record/accomplishment ? amazing.

http://polidread.multiply.com/photos/photo/39/5

DWC~ im loving the pose! shows plenty of nice things ! can i color her, too?

Sure, have at it. Like I said, I'm working with a mouse, so its a bit time consuming. Just try not to make it a better color job than me... I know how good you are!!! ;)

this is a single 5-year old thread that hasnt been closed, flamed, or spammed to death!

are we running for any sort of Macrossworld record/accomplishment ? amazing.

Quite amazing. I didn't realize it until I started from the beginning. Wow.