Macross Zero Vol. 5 Info

Adventure

Actually I don't think the Ghost Drone is actually attached. Its doing a TopGun.

The AI is giving Shin the bird he he he  :p

The QF-2001 Ghost is mounted on the VF-Zero. The picture clearly shows this.

wow...using the drone as a fastpack almost!! how ingenius! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually I don't think the Ghost Drone is actually attached. Its doing a TopGun.

The AI is giving Shin the bird he he he  :p

The QF-2001 Ghost is mounted on the VF-Zero. The picture clearly shows this.

wow...using the drone as a fastpack almost!! how ingenius! :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe they got the idea for the VF-1's fast pack system from rigging this "booster" up on the Zero.

Real question is, can the VF-0 transform with it attatched...

I don't think it can. If the drone attached only to the backplate of the VF 0 one could think that the transformation may be possible. But still the backpack could not fold against the backplate in battroid mode.

A half gerwalk mode (without folding the back pack) should be OK.

Something interesting I just saw tonight. Watched the 4th volume of Harlock Outside Legend. It had a trailor for submarine 707R, which had geneon promoting the production staff with their credits including Macross Zero. Now I suppose Geneon isn't naive enough to think people wouldn't import & watch what's been released before (HK or otherwise), but I found it interesting that they'd choose Zero to promote 707R's staff. It's grasping at straw's, but perhaps they're showing interest in licensing Zero?

Once ANIMEniacs.com have all 5 volumes available in a bundle pack, then I'll purchase them.

Sigh. From what I've heard, the last installment won't be out until October, so it's a long wait for me.

They don't even have the 4th volume (oddly enough, only Kevin does....). The general turn around time seems to be a 1-2 months before U.S. shops get ahold of the HK disc's. So october should turn into late november/mid december for the HK vol 5.

Once ANIMEniacs.com have all 5 volumes available in a bundle pack, then I'll purchase them.

Sigh. From what I've heard, the last installment won't be out until October, so it's a long wait for me.

They don't even have the 4th volume (oddly enough, only Kevin does....). The general turn around time seems to be a 1-2 months before U.S. shops get ahold of the HK disc's. So october should turn into late november/mid december for the HK vol 5.

Like I said, it'll be a long wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar to what some others have suggested, my theory is that Earth was an experiment designed to create a peaceful and naturalistic society...perhaps as a form of insurance against the dangers that the Proto-Culture's own technology posed to itself. This is why they came here, did their thing, and then left us alone. Mayan island is a control to judge the progress of the experiment. If it ever becomes corrupted with violence and technology (as it has) the Bird Human will awaken to purify the world, either by exterminating humanity itself or signalling for outside help. Then it would start the process all over again.

The Professor probably guesses some of this, which explains the urgency of the Anti-UN attempts to capture it.

Edited by Gabriel

T3R3STRIAL INT3GRAETD WAH BRAKES OUT 199 C3NTARIN ON DA SPAEC BATLASHIP

O DA DMN STRANGA STAH SUKA WHO F3L T DA DMN 3ART1!1!1! OMG WTF 8 YEARS ELAPSE FROM

DA JIM3YIN O DA DMN HOSTILITEIS DA TIEMS WHAN DA V3TARAN PILOT KEPS

BIN LOST ONE AFTA ANOTHA111! OMG WTF WIT BOMBARDMENT O DA DMN DASEY CUTA WIT

COUNTA INT3GRASHUN ALIANC3 AS 4 DA ??!??!!!!!!?!!??!!? OMG ISLAND IN DA SAE O DA DMN FAYA

FINAL-LIEK!!1!! OMG WTF LOL SNATCHIN IN PLAET ITS3LF DA HAET DUA T FIGHT WIT DA DMN STRAW

RANECOAT CHANE SADLY DA SUKA O DA DMN BIRD AWAEKS AN MOVAS T DA DMN

TERESTRIAL PURIFICASHUN!!1!1! OMG LOL T DA DMN LAST DA UNIFEID COMAND AN DA DMN

COUNTA UNIFEID COMAND WHO T MOVE ONLY DA HUMAN CAPTUR3 O DA DMN BIRD

UNFOLD HAROICAL FIGHT BUT IT HAS PREPONDERANT DESTRUCTIEV POWA DARE WUZ NO

??!!? WHICH DA DMN UNIFEID COMAND COUNTA INTEGRASHUN ALIANCE YO AS R3LASEE

B4 DA SUKA O DA DMN BIRD AN DO..1!!111!11111!1!!111 WTF LOL ON DA ON3 HAND KUDOU THIN SORTEIS IN

ORDA T RESCUA DA DMN PLAET AT V-F ZERO O BOSTA 3QUIPM3NT!1!1!11! LOL ????!!!??!?!?!?!! LOL FOKA HAD

UNFOLD3D DA DMN CONFRONTASHUN O CONECSHUN O D & D ?????????!?!?!?!????!!?!??!?!!11! OMG WTF LOL DA ANT S WHICH B

APROACHED T ?????!?????!?!?!!???!!??!?!???!?!!??!!?!???!?!?!??! OMG LOL HYPOTHETICAL PUZLE..

FEIRC3!!1!1!!!1!!11!1111!!!1 LOL BATLE O DA DMN TREY-SIEDD CR3ST WHICH B UNFOLD3D WIT DA DMN

MAGNIFIECNT SCAEL!111 WTF LOL DA SUKA O DA DMN BIRD PLUM??!!??! OMG AS 4 CONCLUSION O FOKA

V-S ???!!??!?!????!!????!?!!!!!!??!??!? AS 4 THIN BIN ABLE T RESCUE DA DMN PLAET?!??????! LOL UNTIL AL PUZLES

HUMAN PATERN B DIEM DA LAST VOLUM3 WHICH IT KEPS

LINKIN!!!1! OMG S AL GOD1!1!! OMG WTF LOL NOW.1111!1!1!!1!11!!111 LOL AT DA DMN TIEM O CONCLUSION1!!! WTF

T3R3STRIAL INT3GRAETD WAH BRAKES OUT 199 C3NTARIN ON DA SPAEC BATLASHIP

O DA DMN STRANGA STAH SUKA WHO F3L T DA DMN 3ART1!1!1! OMG WTF 8 YEARS ELAPSE FROM

DA JIM3YIN O DA DMN HOSTILITEIS DA TIEMS WHAN DA V3TARAN PILOT KEPS

BIN LOST ONE AFTA ANOTHA111! OMG WTF WIT BOMBARDMENT O DA DMN DASEY CUTA WIT

COUNTA INT3GRASHUN ALIANC3 AS 4 DA ??!??!!!!!!?!!??!!? OMG ISLAND IN DA SAE O DA DMN FAYA

FINAL-LIEK!!1!! OMG WTF LOL SNATCHIN IN PLAET ITS3LF DA HAET DUA T FIGHT WIT DA DMN STRAW

RANECOAT CHANE SADLY DA SUKA O DA DMN BIRD AWAEKS AN MOVAS T DA DMN

TERESTRIAL PURIFICASHUN!!1!1! OMG LOL T DA DMN LAST DA UNIFEID COMAND AN DA DMN

COUNTA UNIFEID COMAND WHO T MOVE ONLY DA HUMAN CAPTUR3 O DA DMN BIRD

UNFOLD HAROICAL FIGHT BUT IT HAS PREPONDERANT DESTRUCTIEV POWA DARE WUZ NO

??!!? WHICH DA DMN UNIFEID COMAND COUNTA INTEGRASHUN ALIANCE YO AS R3LASEE

B4 DA SUKA O DA DMN BIRD AN DO..1!!111!11111!1!!111 WTF LOL ON DA ON3 HAND KUDOU THIN SORTEIS IN

ORDA T RESCUA DA DMN PLAET AT V-F ZERO O BOSTA 3QUIPM3NT!1!1!11! LOL ????!!!??!?!?!?!! LOL FOKA HAD

UNFOLD3D DA DMN CONFRONTASHUN O CONECSHUN O D & D ?????????!?!?!?!????!!?!??!?!!11! OMG WTF LOL DA ANT S WHICH B

APROACHED T ?????!?????!?!?!!???!!??!?!???!?!!??!!?!???!?!?!??! OMG LOL HYPOTHETICAL PUZLE..

FEIRC3!!1!1!!!1!!11!1111!!!1 LOL BATLE O DA DMN TREY-SIEDD CR3ST WHICH B UNFOLD3D WIT DA DMN

MAGNIFIECNT SCAEL!111 WTF LOL DA SUKA O DA DMN BIRD PLUM??!!??! OMG AS 4 CONCLUSION O FOKA

V-S ???!!??!?!????!!????!?!!!!!!??!??!? AS 4 THIN BIN ABLE T RESCUE DA DMN PLAET?!??????! LOL UNTIL AL PUZLES

HUMAN PATERN B DIEM DA LAST VOLUM3 WHICH IT KEPS

LINKIN!!!1! OMG S AL GOD1!1!! OMG WTF LOL NOW.1111!1!1!!1!11!!111 LOL AT DA DMN TIEM O CONCLUSION1!!! WTF

For a minute I thought it was random characters, but upon a closer look, they are actually words (although I could not understand it much).

:-)

Shin and Edgar WERE using a VF-0D.

Yes, I know. The VF-0D appeared in episode 2, in both Shin's blue/white version and the standard gray/white version. Shin's was destroyed in episode 3.

I'm referring to a 1/72 VF-0D from Hasegawa.

OK, never mind then :p

As for the D model hasegawa, it's just a matter of time before that baby comes out.

Umm guys isnt the VF-0 twin seater a B not a D and if your looking for the kits i bought 4 of them today from hobby link japan

post-2-1093065533_thumb.jpg

Here's a page from the new October issue of Hobby Japan showing scenes and mecha from ep # 5.

You can clearly see Roy gets a new VF-0S with a FAST Back booster/drone(?) attached. The drone seems to be armed with 2 rocket or micro-missile pods and the VF-0S also has 2 of the same rocket or micro-missile pods under the wings along with what are probably 2 drop tanks.

It looks like Ivanov & Nora's SV-51s also have some sort of drone or booster or large missile mounted over the wing.

Graham

Here's a slightly larger scan of the mecha.

Graham

I really can't wait for a BIG Yamato toy for this :p thanks for the scan G ;)

seeing these pictures just make me want to see episode 5 :o

i still think it's very ingenius how they used the ghost fighter as a fastpack unit...i guess UN Spacy guys were trying to finally find a good way to keep up with the speeds of the SV-51...it makes more sense since i doubt the VF-0 is going out into space anytime soon :p

Graham...can you give us some larger scans of the screen caps on the side of the page? Thanks in advance :D

Actually, after studying the pictures some more, it appears that the micro-missile pods are actually attached to the VF-0's dorsal fuel tanks and not connected to the drone.

It also appears that the drone has several hexagonal black shapes on it's nose, which are I presume micro-missile ports.

Graham