Spider-Man 2 review! (spoiler free)

I just got back from Spidey2, and it was better than the 1st film. :o Awesome film. I doubt there will be a better blockbuster this summer. I can't wait to see it again. BTW the movie leaves alot of ripe material for a 3rd film.

Just got back from seeing it tonight 12.00am on the 30th. The move sucked it is going to tank....................................................JUST kidding it was good.definatly a watcher probably the forth best marvel comic film adaptation. first and second being the first spiderman and blade, followed by the second version of the Punisher. Stan Lee is in it breifly (i saw him in the others as well)

the BLADE 3 preview is played also. so everyone go see it :lol:

:edit: darn i probably would have beat you if i didnt go pee

Edited by buddhafabio

i saw it, and it was great, probably better than the first. the highlight of this movie for me was of course, the Blade Trinity trailer. awesome. but thats not to say the movie wasn't great. it was!!! hopefully the cash machine this thing has become will make Kirsten reconsider, because i love her in these movies. yeah, they could have done a couple of things better, but its still one of the best movies i have seen this or last year (WAY better than DD or the Hulk, and maybe about equal with X2). Jonah stole a few of the scenes, and that was great, Aunt May was tragic, but graceful, Dr. Conners only had one Arm (!), all is right in the world!!again, it was a great movie, go see it, even if for the Alex Ross drawings (i think!!!)!!

My favorite cover is The Ramones rendition.

Not to mention the Remix that's in the PSOne/DC versions.

Made by the very company that currently employs me:

http://www.neversoft.com/spiderman/ :lol:

The Spiderman cartoon song is played during the final credits roll of the first movie as well.

That doest count Taht version doen by AreoSmith SUCKS beyond the telling of it..

I saw Spidey Last night for FREE HAH HAH BITCHES :D (Gloat mode over)

It was a great film parts of it were spotty but it was fantabulous

i saw it, and it was great, probably better than the first. the highlight of this movie for me was of course, the Blade Trinity trailer. awesome. but thats not to say the movie wasn't great. it was!!! hopefully the cash machine this thing has become will make Kirsten reconsider, because i love her in these movies. yeah, they could have done a couple of things better, but its still one of the best movies i have seen this or last year (WAY better than DD or the Hulk, and maybe about equal with X2). Jonah stole a few of the scenes, and that was great, Aunt May was tragic, but graceful, Dr. Conners only had one Arm (!), all is right in the world!!again, it was a great movie, go see it, even if for the Alex Ross drawings (i think!!!)!!

Doc Connors had one arm in the comic. He was working on cell regeneration. Many herps have the ability to regenerate lost limbs.

Doc Connors had one arm in the comic. He was working on cell regeneration. Many herps have the ability to regenerate lost limbs.

i know!!!!! that means for Spidey 3 or 4, maybe the Lizard.... :D

and Eddie Brock was mentioned in 1, so maybe Venom..... :D

but, i want some Felicia Hardy, AKA, the Black Cat....maybe starring miss Biel?? :D:D:wub:

but, i want some Felicia Hardy, AKA, the Black Cat....maybe starring miss Biel?? :D:D:wub:

If they go with venom, I could see a certain Astronaught playing a part as a possible explanation for venom or carnage. He brings some mysterious lifeform back to earth. Might be alittle too far fetched for the movie universe that Raimi created.

I'd rather Miss Biel play Tessa ( dressed of course in a black lingerie outfit or teddy ala Hellfire club attire) err sage in X3 as Sebastian Shaw's sultry assistant.

I think the simpler they keep it, the better, look at what happened to batman, they started putting villians left and right, and robin and batgirl, and it became a mess.

True, but the whole point of having a cool hero is to have an equally cool villain.

I'd personally LOVE to see Venom appear, but that'd take at least another movie just to create a background story for the costume before Venom himself appears.

I agree, Venom should be the main bad guy, and have harry as a secondary villian that tries to redeem himself almost at the end but venom kills him and spidey gets pissed and kills venom.

I would like a story like that.

Part of what makes Venom so cool is the personal confict the Eddie Brock/symbiote have with Spider-Man.

All of the other villians battle with Spidey out of a conflict on the streets, in the bank, or wherever. All the villians have some other plot going on when Spidey breaks in and shuts them down.

Venom, on the other hand, exist soley to break Parker into itty bitty spidey bits. They have no other goal, no other plan in mind. Just Parker and making him pay.

That could make for a rather interesting change of pace in the superhero movie genera.

i really like what Bendis did with Venom's origin story. if you haven't checked out Ultimate Spiderman and the Venom story line, check it out. in that version, Peter's father and Eddie's Father were partners and were working on a replacement for the super soldier serum, and what they came up with was a suit of bio armor, which went crazy and took over eddie. overall, a better way to introduce it.

as far as miss Biel as Tessa, hell yeah!!! with Elisha Cuthbert as Emma Frost, that would kick ass!!!

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

took the night off work to go watch the movie! it was the highlight to my day! made up for getting passed over for the db because i was told that i took too much of my earned time off and that i have an attitude sometimes. well, hey, look, i'm taking tonight off because this place sucks and i'm gonna go watch a movie!

movie kicked a$$!

wonder how much Tobey's gonna ask for part 3.

took the night off work to go watch the movie! it was the highlight to my day! made up for getting passed over for the db because i was told that i took too much of my earned time off and that i have an attitude sometimes. well, hey, look, i'm taking tonight off because this place sucks and i'm gonna go watch a movie!

movie kicked a$$!

wonder how much Tobey's gonna ask for part 3.

i dont knowe but he almost did not do this one because he has a bad back.

Just got in from seeing Spidey 2... and WOW!!! Now that was a piece of damn fine cinmatic cuisine. Great story. Great characters. Great action, etc, etc.

I Liked Spidey I... but this one took all the good stuff, made it bettter... & threw in a bunch more great stuff. Bravo to Sam Rami & the cast & crew!

And yeah, there were way more nods in this one to Evil Dead... :D

i really like what Bendis did with Venom's origin story. if you haven't checked out Ultimate Spiderman and the Venom story line, check it out. in that version, Peter's father and Eddie's Father were partners and were working on a replacement for the super soldier serum, and what they came up with was a suit of bio armor, which went crazy and took over eddie. overall, a better way to introduce it.

as far as miss Biel as Tessa, hell yeah!!! with Elisha Cuthbert as Emma Frost, that would kick ass!!!

But how would you explain the symbiote's love/hate relationship with Peter Parker?

P.S. Haven't seen any of the new Spider-Man stuff, so I don't know if it's explained.

Just got back from Spider-Man 2 and it was great!

Doc Ock was perfect.

I don't care for Dunst as MJ though.

Don't get me wrong i think she plays MJ perfectly, but i just don't think she looks much like MJ from the comics.

Her face is too round, while MJ in the comics has a very thin model face like a model.

Just my opinion though.

Then again if she just appeared in my bed right now, i wouldn't kick her out of it.

I'll post my review in a couple of mintues.

Quick question.

Hasn't Stan Lee made an apperance in each Marvel movie?

As far as I know he's done:

X-Men = hot dog vendor

The Hulk = old security guard

Spiderman 2 = heroic guy that pulls lady away from debris

Now. Did he make apperances in Spiderman, X2, and Daredevil? :blink:

I'll post my review in a couple of mintues.

Quick question.

Hasn't Stan Lee made an apperance in each Marvel movie?

As far as I know he's done:

X-Men = hot dog vendor

The Hulk = old security guard

Spiderman 2 = heroic guy that pulls lady away from debris

Now. Did he make apperances in Spiderman, X2, and Daredevil?  :blink:

I believe Stan Lee appears in Spider-man and Daredevil. For Spider-man, I believe Stan Lee is in the crowd of onlookers as the Green Goblin tries to kill Oscorp employees at some reception. With Daredevil, Stan Lee plays a pedestrian that Matt Murdock saves. X2, I have no idea, but I am sure he is in it. I wonder if he is in any of the Blade films?

And I concur with many on the quality of the Spider-man 2 :D . I saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Raimi truly captured the struggle of the average guy struggling with the challenge of trying to fight the good fight.

That movie was awesome and ended with the perfect touch. "Go get 'em, Tiger!"

But I could swear I saw Stan Lee do two cameos. The one where he pulls people from falling debris and what looked like him passing by in the background while Peter had his slow mo strut scene.

That movie was awesome and ended with the perfect touch. "Go get 'em, Tiger!"

But I could swear I saw Stan Lee do two cameos. The one where he pulls people from falling debris and what looked like him passing by in the background while Peter had his slow mo strut scene.

Yeaps.... he's in that scene as well. I always look out for Stan Lee when wacthing the marvel stuff. Is it just me or does the sound track sounds ABIT like the Hulk's one?

Anyway IMHO, Spidey2 was kinda crap. They put in lots of cheap lame humour....tried to capture "Peter Parker's Curse" but didn't do it QUITE right IMHO. (wth is with that uncle ben in car dream?)

But "Go get 'em, Tiger!"..... ahh....classic!

Guess that means no venom in the next series eh?

Is just me or Kirsten Dunst is not as cute as she used to be?

I don't know... she looked kind of sick on SH2... and on some closup scenes it looked like she needed some makeup, because her skin looked odd. Maybe she was just too skinny for my taste. At one point, my wife asked me why her boobs were sagging near her belly button (on the cafe scene) And I'm not sure about her as a redhead either... :p

Keira Knightley wouldve been the best choice, IMHO.

Stan Lee wasn't in X2 or the blade movies. He didn't create Blade. It's great he's getting some love. Alot of the original creators were dicked in regards to royalties and creator control.

Just saw it... great flick, IMHO better than the first film.

However, I agree with the complaints about Dunst as MJ. Cute as she is, she would be definitely better as Gwen Stacy... as it is, we get a weird Gwen/MJ morph, which doesn't really work as well for me.

Still - Molina was better than perfect... very impressed with his work here. Same goes for Raimi and Maguire. It seems both are really honing their skills in bringing Spidey to life.

I just have always loved an underdog hero with real world problems. You don't find that with Bats, Supes, or any of the other best known heroes. I'd love to see more Spidey's humor, but all in all, they're doing a great job making Spiderman movies that I dreamed about as a kid. How cool is that?