More colour Monster pics

Subotnik

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

I wonder if someone could make a 3d image of that similar to what they did on robotech.com for the legious toy:

http://www.robotech.com/gallery/mmitem.php...type=MOV&id=267

(requires quick time to view - when image is loaded, drag mouse over image to view Alpha at all angles. '+' and '-' to zoom in/out)

A 3d image of the monster for us to drool at would be good. (in all 3 modes)

It would be the closest thing to being able to hold one. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

For some reason, I feel as though we're not gonna know when it comes out until about 2 weeks before, when we don't have enough money to buy it. I'll have to make another Vegas trip to make more money to buy an army of these bad boys. ;)

I must have two of these.

I still can't see the landing gear and the machine gun, but I'm sold anyway :lol:

I don't think the VB-6 has any landing gear. None is shown in the line-art and in the VF-X2 opening movie, the VB-6 transforms from Shuttle to Gerwalk mode as it lands.

Graham

I still can't see the landing gear and the machine gun, but I'm sold anyway :lol:

I don't think the VB-6 has any landing gear. None is shown in the line-art and in the VF-X2 opening movie, the VB-6 transforms from Shuttle to Gerwalk mode as it lands.

Graham

Good point , I remeber the VF-X2 Op. animation.

The Koenig would certainly look bad with tiny looking landing gears , it´s far too wide for that.

Graham

The Koenig would certainly look bad with tiny looking landing gears , it´s far too wide for that.

hmmm, dunno... I think some monster landing gear would be sweet... like 4 wheels in the front, 6x2 on the back?

QUOTE (Graham @ Jul 12 2004, 08:52 PM)

QUOTE (Lonely Soldier Boy @ Jul 11 2004, 07:19 PM)

I still can't see the landing gear and the machine gun, but I'm sold anyway 

Graham

I thought of the line art and opening movie too, but I dunno. Imagine that beast having to change from one mode to another just to take off and land. Valks are lighter and agile and they have landing gear, besides the crew would need a chopper to reach that cockpit!

But it's okay, I'm already dealing with the fact that my Monster won't have landing gear anyway <_<

hmmm, dunno... I think some monster landing gear would be sweet... like 4 wheels in the front, 6x2 on the back?

That would be shweet!

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Graham

Waow, if that's the case, how does it take off from land? :blink:

Given the nature of the VB-6 its understandable that there is no gear on it.

Quite simply: there is no space inside the fuselage or legs for landing gears the sheer size that this thing would require. They would get in the way of the transformation.

It simply takes off from Gerwalk, and transforms as it flies away. Lands like any other valk can in Gerwalk. Nice and easy.

It probably has those "boarding rope" things like mobile suits have in gundam for the pilots to hop into the VB-6. In hangar it's easy, as there would be a catwalk installed.

Edited by Anubis

Given the nature of the VB-6 its understandable that there is no gear on it.

Quite simply: there is no space inside the fuselage or legs for landing gears the sheer size that this thing would require. They would get in the way of the transformation.

It simply takes off from Gerwalk, and transforms as it flies away. Lands like any other valk can in Gerwalk. Nice and easy.

It probably has those "boarding rope" things like mobile suits have in gundam for the pilots to hop into the VB-6. In hangar it's easy, as there would be a catwalk installed.

This might sound stupid.

I was thinking that in order to take off, VB-6 probably starts running really fast and jump and transform to fighter :rolleyes:

This might sound stupid.

I was thinking that in order to take off, VB-6 probably starts running really fast and jump and transform to fighter 

Right! And then it just starts flapping the legs to gain altitude! That Kawamory guy must be a genius! :blink::D

Or it has a flying sport car like the old Mazinger, that'd be so cool! :lol:

Serious now. I'll get the Köenig and everything, but IMHO not giving the KMonster a gear it's a mistake. I can imagine a four star General yelling at Kawamori: "And where am I suppose to store a whole squadron of these things, for pete's sake?!"

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

This might sound stupid.

I was thinking that in order to take off, VB-6 probably starts running really fast and jump and transform to fighter 

Right! And then it just starts flapping the legs to gain altitude! That Kawamory guy must be a genius! :blink::D

Or it has a flying sport car like the old Mazinger, that'd be so cool! :lol:

Serious now. I'll get the Köenig and everything, but IMHO not giving the KMonster a gear it's a mistake. I can imagine a four star General yelling at Kawamori: "And where am I suppose to store a whole squadron of these things, for pete's sake?!"

Actually, wouldn't they store easier in gerwalk? Less surface area on the floor that way vs shuttle, and line them up with a catwalk along the top for the pilots to hop inside. That would be a sight to see that bomber squadron.

i don't think that having to transform to land and take off is anymore unreasonable than the fact that it has to be flying to transform from shuttle to gerwalk.

i mean, look... let's say it had landing gear, and it's at some base in shuttle mode sitting there. to deploy it in an attack would require that they send it along the runway, it takes off, flies up (not vertically, either... out, away from the place it's supposed to protect. it would have to loop around, come back to a spot right next to its original position, transform and land vertically... not impossible, but not the readiest of scenarios.

a more eficient way to store them is in gerwalk... in hangars designed for regular monsters. in the event of an attack, they walk out and shoot stuff.... done!

for defense, gelwalk mode is best. for the quickest rediness to be defensive, they should be ready in gelwalk mode in their hangars. they are also more versatile if kept in this mode whilst at rest, they can transform from gerwalk to battaloid as easily as we could stand up (as easily as big robots can do things, at least) as far as mobility, if the monster is in gerwalk mode on the ground, it has VTOL capabilities that it otherwise would not have.

in fact, shuttle mode would have to be the worst mode possible to store them in, bigger footprint, less options for use right out of the gate... even you guys talking about "how would the pilot get in it if it's in gerwalk?" The pilots wouldn't find it any easier to get in the shuttle mode, the entry hatch is still ludicrously high up off the ground. there is no possible advantage to storing these things in shuttle mode. if they were fighters of some kind, then you'd want them to be deployed already in fighter mode, but they are not fighters, they can't even use most of their weapons in shuttle mode.... even storing these things in battaliod mode would be better than shuttle mode... an even smaller footprint, and less hulabaloo required to make sure those 20-mile-long cannons do warp under the strain of their own weight if they are stored for long periods of time in a vertical position.

maybe there is some sort of platform that the monster can stand on to taxi it around the runway, or if it's transformability fails and pilots land on their bellies... but this thing being as huge as it is would probably require the equivalent of such a mobile platform built into landing gear if it had it, and then it wouldn't look like how us fanboys need it to look in gerwalk... so, which is worse? puny unbelievable, never-gonna-support-that-thing, toothpick-esque landing gear? or some sort of city's worth of mechanical tomfoolery and added bulk?

post-4-1087787909.jpg

i think both options are bad, and apparently so does Kawamori... the mosters legs are the best landing gear possible, and they're built in already, to boot!

Even if for some reason it should belly land in shuttle mode, it should be able to transform and right itself anyway, like any other valk. Scratch the hell out of the paint in the process, but it already did that belly landing anyway. :lol:

The VB-6's default mode has got to be the gerwalk mode, and that is likely the reason it was based off the monster to begin with. All the benefits of the Mk. II Monster, with the extra benefits of being a variable. Much more efficient for taking off and landing with a mecha this big.

I still think the biggest use for destroid mode is for space, where it could John Woo style pump reaction missles into starships.

Question: How does it fire in Shuttle Mode? I'm guessing the arms move out some so they can fire missles and bombs? The rail cannon barrels are hooked up to the drive system, but it should be able to fire everything else, right?

Edited by Anubis

I too tend to think the default mode is gerwalk. Check out this picture:

ps_vfx2_front.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of this thing on the ground in shuttle mode. To be honest are we even sure this thing CAN take off on its own? I've always sort of seen this thing taking off with the assist of a booster just like the Space Shuttle. Either that or being dropped from a ship in orbit.

Just my 2 cents,

Carl

IMHO, I've always thought as the shuttle mode for greater combat/theater range, quicker response time, and deployment mobility.

The default (as Anubis said) would be the gerwalk. Serves no other purpose in my eyes. The powers-that-be had the original Monster and said, "How can we deploy this firepower quicker and further?"

Real-world examples of this progression could be seen in 105mm/155mm howitzers:

-- 105mm howitzer / AC-130 Spectre

-- 155mm howitzer / M109 Paladin

Therefore, no gear needed. Just another system to maintain and have problems with.

--Separate Issue--

Anyone know how long the transformation sequence of this puppy would be?

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of this thing on the ground in shuttle mode. To be honest are we even sure this thing CAN take off on its own? I've always sort of seen this thing taking off with the assist of a booster just like the Space Shuttle. Either that or being dropped from a ship in orbit.

That is completely unnecessary. It can and does hover in destroid mode. It can also jump in battroid mode. The Monster only walks in battroid mode, in destroid mode it tilts, hovers and turns (at least in the game).

This is not only possible, it's necessary to escape all of the missles those damn Zentraedi pods fire.

Question: How does it fire in Shuttle Mode? I'm guessing the arms move out some so they can fire missles and bombs? The rail cannon barrels are hooked up to the drive system, but it should be able to fire everything else, right?

It can only fire a 30mm cannon, normal missles, and micro missles in shuttle mode. I didn't include the little guns/lasers on the arms because those aren't selectable weapons in the game. The rail gun can only be fired in destroid mode. The grenade crusher can be fired from either destroid/battroid mode. In shuttle mode, the top half of the rail gun that is exposed in back act as thrusters.

Anyone know how long the transformation sequence of this puppy would be?

In the opening movie it takes about 5 seconds to go from shuttle to destroid mode. I think that's for a more dramatic effect, in game it takes about 1 second.

Forgot to mention, the Monster is also seen launching from a transport ship (in space) in shuttle mode. It's still unclear if it floats out of the hanger in destroid mode and then transforms to shuttle mode <_<

Edited by halfan