More colour Monster pics

Subotnik

I'm not sure about the adding of non canon panel lines/detail... the Q-rau's, IMO, could have used some extra detailing...

preach on brotha!

that dude who was selling the custom Rau's on ebay really went all out on the details....only if yamato would......

I'm not sure about the adding of non canon panel lines/detail... the Q-rau's, IMO, could have used some extra detailing...

preach on brotha!

that dude who was selling the custom Rau's on ebay really went all out on the details....only if yamato would......

Good thing you mentioned that!! That was one sweet lookin' custom!!

As for the perceived lack of panel lines, I think that some of them are perhaps not showing up well in the photos due to the lighting and the color of the plastic, but they are there. And remember, Yamato should only put whatever panel lines are on Kawamori's lineart. I personally don't agree with adding additional non-canon panel lines just for the sake of having more detail, as Hasegawa are prone to do with their Macross model kits.

Regarding the length of the 4 top cannon, well this is limited by necessity. The cannon have to be able to fit inside in shuttle modeso can only be as long as the internal bay in shuttle mode.

And I'm hoping the small 30mm chest gun will be on the final version. Judging from the photos, I suspect this is still not quite the final version.

Graham

I agree with graham that adding non canon elements to the figure is wrong.

However, I dont think panel lines can be even called enhancements really...

It's just details that make it more realistic and believable. Panel lines aren't really hard to do... Yamato has them on some valks, I wonder why they dont do them for others.

As for the question whether the koenig is in it's final stages or not, I dunno, I wish I can be hopeful as some of you folks are but I think this is pretty much what we'll get. Really, when's the last time yamato presented a painted sculpt and then actually change elements BEFORE INITIAL RELEASE in response to fan input? Perhaps I missed some examples but I can't remember any~~ They stopped showing us intial sculpt mock ups because they were annoyed with fan input.

:(

Couple of examples of fan input that probably got lost in translation:

-the vf-0's hips are still birthin hips

-the GBP hands still came out enormous

I hope yamato proves me wrong. A swing turret on the nose would definitely be cool.

Heck as long as people keep saying "Could use a bit o detail here..meh, I'm going to be buying it for $20000 anyway!!1", it probably won't matter to yamato. :D *hides under desk*

My opinion: Vote with your $, use the wallet (and a bit of your wife's purse for some here, heh) as leverage. B)) Fanboys demand a voice.

I 'll be happy, just print those eyeballs (no stickers, it will peel because the eye is on an angular part) on the side.

vb-6-destroid.jpg

eyeball image 1

vb-6-bomber.jpg

eyeball image 2

vb-6-gerwalk.jpg

eyebal image 3

^Like him. And allow it to squat down a little to look fat. I'm going to be leaving it in gerwalk for most of the time and I would love to pose it in an anime style "butt nearer to ground with feet angled outwards" instead of tall with legs fully standing up like in the pictures they got.

Monster2.jpgglaug.jpg

^legs not bent, make him look skinny, more like the zentreadi officer's battle pods. ok bit of an exaggeration :D )

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

overall i think it looks pretty cool, although for some reason i was expecting it to be a little bigger. my only other gripe is that it doesn't looked as detailed as i hoped it'd be. of course, this could be due to the picture itself.

overall, it looks very cool... just not sure if i'm gonna buy yet.

And remember, Yamato should only put whatever panel lines are on Kawamori's lineart.

And I'm hoping the small 30mm chest gun will be on the final version.

I agree with the being faithful to the line art comment. I'd like to see this detail added to the cargo bay doors. I assume its a missle launcher. I'm not 100% sure. I have a much larger picture if anyone wants to try and read the text.

Enjoy,

Carl

post-4-1087778941_thumb.png

I agree with the being faithful to the line art comment. I'd like to see this detail added to the cargo bay doors. I assume its a missle launcher. I'm not 100% sure. I have a much larger picture if anyone wants to try and read the text.

Enjoy,

Carl

Looks like a laser cannon or something. I didn't realize of that detail on the line art 'till you mentioned it. I remember seeing that misplaced piece on the magazine scans and wonder what would Yamato cast this particular piece separately. Here's that scan again, watch the gerwalk's right arm, looks like everybody's lucky day :)

post-4-1087787297_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Oh, and for those concerned about the apparent lack of detail (such as myself), here's an old scan of the shuttle's prototype. Since the resin is not as shiny as the painted version, if you watch carefully you can see that every hatch and panel line of the original line art is on the toy. Now my only concern is that friggin' pink color. <_<

post-4-1087787909_thumb.jpg

I've pretty much lost my patience with Yamato <_<

I've (as most of MW) been waiting for a VF-0 since I saw the pre-production M-0 photos...that's like almost 2 years now no? <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I've (as most of MW) been waiting for a VF-0 since I saw the pre-production M-0 photos...that's like almost 2 years now no? <_<

wow... so little patience... figuring the models only started coming out a few months ago... the transforming toy taking a little longer isn't so surprising.

people have been complaing about yamato being late for a while now, but by my reckoning they have been meeting their stated roll out dates pretty well for a while now.

I just hope that Yamato can make another quality toys by spending some more time on their development (I know that Yamato is trying to take advantage of releasing Macross line fast to capture the market, before some fan base shy away from Macross line). Lately, it appears that Yamato has been cost cutting on its expenses, including material and labor, and it truely shows on its latest released toys.

I just hope that KONIG monster can turn Yamato around and make them realize that if they make quality item, consumers will buy it. If they try to cut corners, like Toynami, initially they will see higher profit margin, but, eventually they will loose a lot of customer base in the long run.

See, it's all about maintaining brand loyalty :D I'm not a macross toy nut in particular, (ie I don't buy stuff just based on whether I'm a big fan of a series) but when I see something really good I get excited.

I just hope that KONIG monster can turn Yamato around and make them realize that if they make quality item, consumers will buy it. If they try to cut corners, like Toynami, initially they will see higher profit margin, but, eventually they will loose a lot of customer base in the long run.

I was tempted to buy one of thier vf1 mpcs, but I've heard they don't live up to expectations. Bad reputation now. Still.. can't say I'm not excited about the upcoming legioss (and tread?). If the quality can live up to the price I will not hesitate, but I'm naturally pessimestic so I'm holding back until others have acted as the poison tasters. :D

Regarding the length of the 4 top cannon, well this is limited by necessity. The cannon have to be able to fit inside in shuttle mode so can only be as long as the internal bay in shuttle mode.

Graham

Graham,

Thank you for the information.

Your mention of the cannon length is precisely the same response that I gave in the very beginning as to why they were a certain length. Several others have said the same after I initially mentioned it, and it makes perfect sense.

I have to disagree with you on the panel lines, and if you are going to mention Hasegawa as an example, then surely Yamato is equally culpable, because the panel line similarities are easy to see.

Kawamori's lack of inclusion of panel lines may or may not have been deliberate. He might have intentionally not included them, or they could have been an oversight. Hand drawn animation in and off itself does not necessarily lend itself to the inclusion of a high level of detail because the task becomes more onerous, especially when dealing with a task that is by virtue, highly repetitive.

Since neither you or I know Kawamori's intentions, I see no harm in companies (Hasegawa/Yamato) taking the time, expense and initiative to provide something that Kawamori neglected for one reason or another.

All of this may be moot if Yamato continues to thankfully provide "non-canon" realistic detail/panel lines; however, citing the lineart in and of itself as a basis not to, does not justify in my mind the creation of a VB-6 lacking in detail. I hope Hasegawa and Yamato continue as before, and provide realistic detail regardless of (20) year old line art.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

dude.

Macross zero is not even finished yet... And to yamato's credit, they're the only company making valks off of it. I actually think they moved at little fast and timely on releasing M-0 toys.

If you started the countdown way back with pre-production M-0 photos than that's your fault.

As far as speed goes, I think the only thing yamato is testing fans patience with is the YF 19 FP. Which was in production (if it still is) longer than the start of M-0. They've really swept that under the rug. It's going the way of vaporware. <_<

Oh yeah, and the QC problems their intial releases usually come with also...

Hm... I really like people making broad, baseless generalizations for me.

:rolleyes:

Vostok 7

They are only toys. jeez. I think the VF-0 is coming in July.

such babys around here <_<

Good things come to those who wait!!!

I have the impression that the VB-6 König Monster will be one of those "premium" releases by Yamato.

At least we know we´re getting this baby. I dreamed with this toy, now it is a little bit closer to seeing the light of day ;)

fine...I'll wait... <_<

I guess I'll have to buy some gundam models to keep me occupied for a while... I think this forum is turning me into a fanboy... <_< or maybe it's the lack of anything to do around here <_<

anyways...I'm off to build my MG Ingram kit

I'm gonna stay away from the toy section from now on... <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

usually what happens around here... some people drag out examples from 4 or 5 years ago and say yamato has QC issues and other people say get over it and it all turns into a flame war.

anyways, I think I agree with christopherB after some thought... I think the line art is where you want to remain faithful... but when the creators haven't bothered to fully flesh something out, I don't mind the details being added by someone who is remaining faithful to macross design aesthetics.

For me, one of the appeals of macross has always been their treatment of tech in a more realistis fashion... and really having something the size of one of these mechs with little surface detailing... hatches, panels, etc... is pretty unrealistic.. it just looks wrong... even modern jets with single piece composite skins have access hatches in them.

eugimon,

Well said. In my opinion, for Yamato to suddenly not include a high level of detail when they have done so in the past, would not make any sense. Of course this may all be moot and a waste of breath, if indeed the pictures do not accurately show all of the detail, or they just haven't handled that aspect yet.

Regardless, let me say that I'm really, really excited about the VB-6, and while I'm not a Yamato "ass kisser," the release of a transformable toy VB-6 will be a dream come true. There is no harm in wondering and hoping for the best, but there is no need to get worked up over something when we do not have all of the facts.

I appreciate all of the cool stuff Yamato has released, and hope they focus on quality versus quantity, or try to cut corners by continuing to include crappy stickers, or forego the inclusion of realistic detail to save money. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

moot

[inigo Montoya]You keep using that word -- I do not think it means what you think it means.[/inigo Montoya]

:lol::lol: That's funny. I had to look up moot in the dictionary yesterday. He had me confused about the meaning of the word.

no, moot makes sense the way he uses it... moot can mean a hypothetical argument, an exercise but it can also mean irrelevant...

so chrisB is saying that it is pointless to argue about the level of detail as we don't know the level of detail.. it is moot.

no, moot makes sense the way he uses it... moot can mean a hypothetical argument, an exercise but it can also mean irrelevant...

so chrisB is saying that it is pointless to argue about the level of detail as we don't know the level of detail.. it is moot.

it's a joke based on the amount of times he's used it in the last few days... I'm just messing with Chris... :p;)

it's a joke based on the amount of times he's used it in the last few days... I'm just messing with Chris... :p;)

ah.... -_-

[inigo Montoya]You keep using that word -- I do not think it means what you think it means.[/inigo Montoya]

EXO,

Before you ask, I intentionally left off your little ">" and "<" just to piss you off. So there, and while we're at it, I challenge you to a duel. Pistols at dawn. :p

Damn, you scared me for a minute, I had to bust out the Webster's and make sure my use of the word "moot" wasn't all screwed up. All right, I'm quitting "moot" cold turkey, and I'm on the wagon. I'll find another word to use. :lol:

Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I swear that your "Giving the Bird Minmei" is directed towards me. It's as though her eyes are looking into my very soul, and saying, "F*ck You, you verbose SOB!" :ph34r:

Christopher

Edited: Because I am Sofa King We Todd Did

Edited by ChristopherB