VF-6 Monster pics on Yamatos website

bandit29

Cannons look right to me. Look at the destroid mode.

They do need to tuck into the fuselage to become part of the drive system in shuttle, so proportionally they look good.

I really don't think Yamato cares what we think it's worth. We are outside of thier market. The price will be set by what the Japanese consumer is willing to pay.

really how do you explain the $120 price tag on the q-rau?

we're not in their market? have you even looked at mcpaz's thread? we account for a huge chunk of yamatos products/business. its been discuss before in teh past and we all have come to the conclusion we are exactly they're target audience. to say we don't count is completely ridiculous. believe me, some yamato dudes already copied down the figures from mcpaz thread....

and sithlords got a care package coming to him. :lol:

No one's saying we don't count, Haterist... but I still don't think these figures (that could very well be innacurate - no offense to McPaz, but he is going by everyone's word, not actual sales data. For further evidence on what everyone's word is worth VS. actual sales data, consult the Custom DVD box thread...) are what Yamato is using to determine costs. It would be bad business to base your MSRP off of internet babble.

They look at what sells and what doesn't. If it goes out of their factories at a certain price, that's as far as they're tracking it, in terms of sales data.

What you're proposing is more than a bit silly for an actual business, as opposed to an internet seller.

Is this how you imagine a sales meeting at Yamato goes?

Yamato Executive #1 - The Q-Rau will be priced at $100 dollars American! It is decreed!

Yamato Executive #2 - Wait one moment, it says here on the internet that the Americans will pay $120!

Yamato Executive #1 - Are you sure?!? That is madness!!

Yamato Executive #2 - I have it printed right here. YF-19 BADAZZzzzz 42513 says it right here in this post. Another user, MINMAYonCRACK agrees with him.

Yamato Executive #1 - Well, then we will have to rearrange everything! If we cannot determine our prices by the cost of running a business - then we absolutely must rely on a website based on a continent we cannot legally distribute to and that has an awesome thread like Hot Anime Cosplay Chicks! Thank the heavens for such reliable data! Let's rip those silly gaijin off for all that we can!

Yamato Executive #1 & 2 - mwa ha ha. MWA HA Ha! MWA HA HA HA HA!!!!

That's just retarded. If you did that in a real business, you'd go broke fast.

So, no I don't agree with you. I'd say the majority of logical folks around here don't either. We have not all come to the same conclusion.

If you don't want to talk what you'd be willing to pay, fine... but please refrain from yelling at everyone around here what they can and cannot talk about, unless it relates somehow to the guidelines of the forum established by Shawn, Graham, and the mods.

i saw on the web site says aniticpated release on winter 2004, written in jap but can read a few chinese words.. so i guess must be about then about end of the year before they will release it.

If you factor in the delays, it could come out early next year.

i saw on the web site says aniticpated release on winter 2004, written in jap but can read a few chinese words.. so i guess must be about then about end of the year before they will release it.

If you factor in the delays, it could come out early next year.

Or in another 2 years like the YF-19FP.... should they decide other things are more immportant.

blaine23,

ummm, no one said yamato runs its business by looking at these boards. those are your words not mine. all i said was, it defintiely can't help and yamato is probably looking at these boards to help them set prices. help is the keyword here. so until you can say for certain, yamato doesn't come here, you really haven't proven a point.

as i said before, do what you want, i don't care, its a free country. just like i have the right to "yell" at anyone and say, "hey don't do this". it doesn't mean they have to listen now does it? its their choice to listen or to ignore.

i ignore people all the time here, it saves me a lot of drama, might i suggest you try the same thing when you feel the need to be a jerk to me for no reason whatsoever.....you'll sleep better and have more time for fun. :)

I agree with Haterist here... everybody keep saying that you'll pay $200 for it and see how much it costs you.

Remember how Hayao Kakizaki was saying that a Q-rau cost HIM $80 because that was what peeps in his area were willing to pay? Also, at the local anime dist. I got to talking with the owner, he says "Yamato's toys don't cost nearly as much overseas, but they put the high price on the box. It's a meaningless price to everyone except Americans, who pay the exact dollar equivalent"

So to all y'all who say "we aren't the target audience, Yamato doesn't set its prices for us" well, your half right, There's the real price (that has NOTHING to do with us) and there is the price that is printed on the box (which has always been the same amount as people said they were willing to pay here, on this board)

maybe some of you remember a while back, when there were two links to the same Yammie on HLJ, there were two pages that were the same except for two differences: 1. one page was in Japanese. 2. the other page had a higher price listed on it, before shipping.

so yeah, we aren't their target audience, and they don't pay much attention to us. but we do buy a lot of valks, and apparently we buy them at the highest price of anyone in the world.

it doesn't mean they have to listen now does it?  its their choice to listen or to ignore.

Haterist,

Thought better of posting this publicly. Instead, sent Haterist a PM. For all the good it will do.

H

Edited by Hurin

I agree with Haterist here... everybody keep saying that you'll pay $200 for it and see how much it costs you.

Remember how Hayao Kakizaki was saying that a Q-rau cost HIM $80 because that was what peeps in his area were willing to pay? Also, at the local anime dist. I got to talking with the owner, he says "Yamato's toys don't cost nearly as much overseas, but they put the high price on the box. It's a meaningless price to everyone except Americans, who pay the exact dollar equivalent"

So to all y'all who say "we aren't the target audience, Yamato doesn't set its prices for us" well, your half right, There's the real price (that has NOTHING to do with us) and there is the price that is printed on the box (which has always been the same amount as people said they were willing to pay here, on this board)

maybe some of you remember a while back, when there were two links to the same Yammie on HLJ, there were two pages that were the same except for two differences: 1. one page was in Japanese. 2. the other page had a higher price listed on it, before shipping.

so yeah, we aren't their target audience, and they don't pay much attention to us. but we do buy a lot of valks, and apparently we buy them at the highest price of anyone in the world.

thank you kind sir. :)

all good and valid points.

everyone please keep posting whatever, i'm not telling anyone to do anything, its a free country so post away folks. i'm not being sarcastic at all, and i'm not saying that sarcastically either. please feel free to post whatever you'd like. :)

everyone please keep posting whatever, i'm not telling anyone to do anything, its a free country so post away folks. i'm not being sarcastic at all, and i'm not saying that sarcastically either. please feel free to post whatever you'd like. :)

we're not all in one country~

different laws and cultures may apply. :p

everyone please keep posting whatever, i'm not telling anyone to do anything, its a free country so post away folks.  i'm not being sarcastic at all, and i'm not saying that sarcastically either.  please feel free to post whatever you'd like.  :)

we're not all in one country~

different laws and cultures may apply. :p

according to some, i'm just telling people what to do.

so i turn will do, what those people are telling me do to, by asking people to do what they want to do. does that make sense?

basically i got someone telling me to stop telling people what to do, by telling me not to do it. now does that make sense?

blaine23,

ummm, no one said yamato runs its business by looking at these boards. those are your words not mine. all i said was, it defintiely can't help and yamato is probably looking at these boards to help them set prices. help is the keyword here. so until you can say for certain, yamato doesn't come here, you really haven't proven a point.

as i said before, do what you want, i don't care, its a free country. just like i have the right to "yell" at anyone and say, "hey don't do this". it doesn't mean they have to listen now does it? its their choice to listen or to ignore.

i ignore people all the time here, it saves me a lot of drama, might i suggest you try the same thing when you feel the need to be a jerk to me for no reason whatsoever.....you'll sleep better and have more time for fun. :)

I see your point, too - but you have to admit posting your beliefs in large red letters could be a bit annoying to those who completely disagree with you.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?!

But you do have a point in that no one here has to listen to you. Mainly I'd hate for newcomers to the board to think it was some sort of MW policy because it isn't.

And if you feel I've been a jerk to you by disagreeing with you, then I'm sorry. I was simply trying to illustrate why I think it's a goofy idea and have a bit of fun while doing so. No offense intended whatsoever.

;)

basically i got someone telling me to stop telling people what to do, by telling me not to do it.  now does that make sense?

Haterist, you're obviously referring to my personal message. And yet I have no idea how you got that out of it. But, even I were "telling" you what to do, your point is. . . well, moronic. Are you seriously saying that if Bob sees Mike bossing people around and acting like a jerk, then Bob is being hypocritical to point this out to Mike? Dude, that's some f'ed up logic. But, really I expect that by now.

You said you don't care if I posted it publicly. . . and now you're referring to it and to me obliquely. . . so here's what I deleted and then PMed before, trusting you not to be petty and post about it here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

it doesn't mean they have to listen now does it?  its their choice to listen or to ignore.

Haterist,

I've been trying to ignore you (for the most part) since our last go-round. But seriously, you're nearly impossible to ignore because you plaster posts all over these boards. That wouldn't be a problem if your behavior weren't so erratic and by turns so damn bizarre.

I can't figure you out. One day, you'll viciously trash just about every MWer who has ever recommended a toy dealer. The next day, you'll be screaming "community spirit!" as you create a list of online vendors. Indeed, perhaps out of penance, you then also offer to sell display stands at cost in the name of "community spirit." So just when I think you're a cool guy and maybe you just had a bad day, you suddenly turn and start screaming at those buying spare valkryie parts from you. Then you show up in another thread ranting and flaming at a guy who you feel stole a purchase away from you for page after page. When it turns out that this guy actually got defrauded by a scammer, you gloat at him. Oh, but let's not forget that when a police officer gets involved and tries to help the many people also defrauded by the scammer, you then post another tirade about how useless the police are and how much you loathe them. Afterwards, you posted a quite lame apology, claiming you only meant it to be funny.

Mind you. These are just the things I have happened to come across in my own browsing. Ten minutes of searching your posts and pasting these links is enough. Who knows what else you've been involved in? I sure don't care to know. Because it's all the same. Here, thanks to your overly prominent signature, we find ourselves drawn to another one of your paranoid, delusional conspiracies. Who the hell are you to demand that nobody discuss how much a toy might cost and how much they are willing to spend? First, I highly doubt that our discussions here will have any bearing on the final price of a toy. Second, in a free market, it is imperative that a manufacturer have as much information as possible about the demand for a toy (guaged by the price people are willing to pay). It is actually quite dismaying that you think it appropriate that people leave Yamato in the dark regarding what price we'd be willing to pay. Markets thrive on information. Indeed, were everyone to leave Yamato in the dark regarding what we would be willing to pay, they might just guess too high!

But that's all beside the point. The point is that there is a pattern here. And those who get involved in arguments with you should be aware of it. I have indeed tried to let bygones be bygones and ignore your paranoid rants. . . but watching your erratic behavior (community-minded activist one day, bile vomiting trouble-maker the next), I just had to point out that there is something odd going on here. My own personal theory is that you long to be recognized by all as a "community leader" here. So you invent little ways to ingratiate yourself to the members. But, you're also wracked with insecurities, a large dose of paranoia, and a quite uneven temperment. . . so you find yourself lashing out at members and accusing them of all sorts of nefarious motives when, ironically, most of the time, you're merely exposing your own. Unfortunately, this all feeds on itself because after you have one of your venom-spewing rants, you seem to feel the need to do penance and something "community-oriented". . . and so on. . .

It's a shame that all the good things you do for the MW community has to be surrounded by such erratic, bizarre, and ultimately anti-social behavior.

Obviously, I don't know you. I have only this message board to go by. I'm probably very wrong. Pyshoanalyzing people via an internet message board is probably the lamest thing I could do. But there is definitely some odd, unfortunate behavior going on here. I wish you'd get ahold of yourself, think before you post, and stop coming up with bizarre theories as to how your fellow MWers are somehow screwing you simply by expressing their opinions. . . opinions that differ with yours. At least twice now, you've viciously attacked other MWers simply for sharing their opinions on anything from where they buy their valks to how much they'd be willing to pay for a toy. Dude, what is going on in that head of yours?

Now, I am going to try to ignore you again.

Monster looks great and I appreciate they are giving us some non-valks to play with but howzabout showing some love with a Macross Fortress? I would love to see a highly detailed, HQ version of one of those.

But of course, I'm still picking up Monster.

Surely not more than $50 right? ;)

"Yamato's toys don't cost nearly as much overseas, but they put the high price on the box. It's a meaningless price to everyone except Americans, who pay the exact dollar equivalent"

But Yamato does not sell directly to American dealers, so they are not the ones who earn. The middleman are the ones who marked up the price.

I'm confident if Yamato toys have an official distributor, they would be cheaper than anywhere else in the world. Of course, not going to happen because of you-know-who. :)

It's funny how speculation about the price has begun to surface when it has not been officially announced. I can't agree or disagree if Yamato set their prices based on what they hear or see in the streets or on the web and if Yamato does browse these boards then they know how much the majority here would like to have them pursue the Megazone licence again but it was their conclusion that it wasn't viable enough which leads me to question their basis to set prices or pursue new projects or toy licences based overseas consumer fanatacism.

That might be true to some extent,

but I think they pick and choose what they want to use from fans overseas (even here at MW). Whether or not we're the biggest market for them, we are for sure a market they'd definitely be concerned about when releasing products.

Also I think I had a yamato-rep sighting:

In one of the first posts I've put up, it was a gripe about the lack of info on the YF-19 and how yamato have gradually neglected fan's opinions. Some guy (who's id I wont reveal yet) replied saying that they're doing their best and wrote "Yamato" at the end. I remember the log in ID, but I think he is either posing as a regular fan (because he still posts today), or was just speaking for yamato. But whether or not he is just a regular or a yamato spy, I think yamato does drop by here and pick and chooses what they deem useful for future releases.

Our vote/voice matters (somewhat) folks! B))

hurin,

well if that ain't the bitch calling the hobag, slurm! i dont know what is?

i got one thing to say to you...

GO GET LAID! :lol:

you're good...yay!, i'm bad...boooo! but still you're ugly! :lol:

BTW, now i know what agent one was talking about when he said "all the girlie men in the toy forum". :lol:

back on topic....if it could only stay on topic,

i still eagerly await this toys release. yeah i feel the main cannons are a bit short but its a prototype and the pictures could be just bad pictures. regardless, it sure beats yamato releasing another VF so i'm happy about it. hopefully they'll add on some other cool features along the way....hopefully. :unsure:

as far as pricing, i should've said, these boards help retailers/etailers(not yamato) set prices and they all frequent these boards. can anyone honestly say a retailer in japan is asking $120 for 1/48? who would buy it from them when they could go to TRU and get it for $90 or less?

as dr. clay pointed out, the sticker price and the actual price are completely different. i use to go to a shop around my way and he had everything priced really high. i.e. he had non FP 1/60's listed at $75. i never paid $75, he knew he'd never be able to get $75 but he put the highest possible price so there was some room for negotiating. he expected people to come in and ask for hooks and he prepared himself for it. if i asked about something else, he'd go to ebay or a fan site and set the price according to the "market value". i thought it was kind of f-ed up for him to do that, but i did get stuff at a "fair"(whatever that means) market value.

regardless, i ask that everyone, please post the maximum amount you're willing to pay each time something new is in the works.

hurin,

well if that ain't the bitch calling the hobag, slurm! i dont know what is?

i got one thing to say to you...

GO GET LAID! :lol:

you're good...yay!, i'm bad...boooo! but still you're ugly! :lol:

BTW, now i know what agent one was talking about when he said "all the girlie men in the toy forum". :lol:

Uh, good one?

Is this the part where I protest that I have a girlfriend. Sorry, not going to indulge you.

H

I really don't think Yamato cares what we think it's worth. We are outside of thier market. The price will be set by what the Japanese consumer is willing to pay.

really how do you explain the $120 price tag on the q-rau?

we're not in their market? have you even looked at mcpaz's thread? we account for a huge chunk of yamatos products/business. its been discuss before in teh past and we all have come to the conclusion we are exactly they're target audience. to say we don't count is completely ridiculous. believe me, some yamato dudes already copied down the figures from mcpaz thread....

and sithlords got a care package coming to him. :lol:

No one's saying we don't count, Haterist... but I still don't think these figures (that could very well be innacurate - no offense to McPaz, but he is going by everyone's word, not actual sales data. For further evidence on what everyone's word is worth VS. actual sales data, consult the Custom DVD box thread...) are what Yamato is using to determine costs. It would be bad business to base your MSRP off of internet babble.

They look at what sells and what doesn't. If it goes out of their factories at a certain price, that's as far as they're tracking it, in terms of sales data.

What you're proposing is more than a bit silly for an actual business, as opposed to an internet seller.

Is this how you imagine a sales meeting at Yamato goes?

Yamato Executive #1 - The Q-Rau will be priced at $100 dollars American! It is decreed!

Yamato Executive #2 - Wait one moment, it says here on the internet that the Americans will pay $120!

Yamato Executive #1 - Are you sure?!? That is madness!!

Yamato Executive #2 - I have it printed right here. YF-19 BADAZZzzzz 42513 says it right here in this post. Another user, MINMAYonCRACK agrees with him.

Yamato Executive #1 - Well, then we will have to rearrange everything! If we cannot determine our prices by the cost of running a business - then we absolutely must rely on a website based on a continent we cannot legally distribute to and that has an awesome thread like Hot Anime Cosplay Chicks! Thank the heavens for such reliable data! Let's rip those silly gaijin off for all that we can!

Yamato Executive #1 & 2 - mwa ha ha. MWA HA Ha! MWA HA HA HA HA!!!!

That's just retarded. If you did that in a real business, you'd go broke fast.

So, no I don't agree with you. I'd say the majority of logical folks around here don't either. We have not all come to the same conclusion.

If you don't want to talk what you'd be willing to pay, fine... but please refrain from yelling at everyone around here what they can and cannot talk about, unless it relates somehow to the guidelines of the forum established by Shawn, Graham, and the mods.

This thread is cracking me up.... :D

All you gaijins line up for those $200 1/100 VF-0S'. The rest of you will get them for $20 bux after I talk to Panther Bro and confirm when his hoodrats can truck all of it to my opium / love den in Mong Kok. I hope he doesn't try to squeeze me another 300% for his protection though... Those beatings are starting to hurt...

:D

Hi guys,

I am working for a Toy-Company in Germany acting World-Wide, also US.

I thought I could get more value to this discussion! B))

Off course Yamato (and other Toy manufacturers) are not making their price by questioning the net, they are calculating production-, material- and developing costs (and lot others) into the price. Then they add their expected (standard) margine per product theme (eg. 50% on VF's or 75% Statutes).

Nevertheless they are also watching forums like these (and others) to get an idea what the max. price could be (talking about price structures on the market/also dependend on the size of the box!). We are doing this too - we even check e-bay constantly! Other toy companies are doing the same - promised!

So both parties are somehow right! The basic price (as sold in Japan) will always be on normal level, but all other prices (wholesellers, toy-shops outside Japan) will get the recommended retail price plus the value they can add out of surveys or the net itself.

I would also recommend not to post any prices so Yamato/Wholesellers do not have the advantage to know "how far they can go"!

you know...i'm seriously starting to wonder if the VF-0's are going to happen...i mean yamato all of a sudden puts the monster up on their site and just forget about the 0??? i mean the proto's of the sculpts have been around longer than the proto's of the vb-6!!! this is just upsetting...but it's not like bandai or any other toy company pulled stuff like this <_<

Hi guys,

Off course Yamato (and other Toy manufacturers) are not making their price by questioning the net, they are calculating production-, material- and developing costs (and lot others) into the price. Then they add their expected (standard) margine per product theme (eg. 50% on VF's or 75% Statutes).

Nevertheless they are also watching forums like these (and others) to get an idea what the max. price could be (talking about price structures on the market/also dependend on the size of the box!). We are doing this too - we even check e-bay constantly! Other toy companies are doing the same - promised!

So both parties are somehow right! The basic price (as sold in Japan) will always be on normal level, but all other prices (wholesellers, toy-shops outside Japan) will get the recommended retail price plus the value they can add out of surveys or the net itself.

I would also recommend not to post any prices so Yamato/Wholesellers do not have the advantage to know "how far they can go"!

God , at last someone with knowledge of this stuff said it.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

that makes perfect sense... I think the argument against it is "I want to spend as much money as possible, because it's MY money and I don't want it to be mine anymore!"

Haterist,

I've been trying to ignore you (for the most part) since our last go-round. But seriously, you're nearly impossible to ignore because you plaster posts all over these boards. That wouldn't be a problem if your behavior weren't so erratic and by turns so damn bizarre.

(paraphrase the rest of the post) Haterist is stoopid! here's some personal attacks against him... etc....etc....

off topic. i don't know which forum you can legitimately start a thread about how bad/crazy another member here is as a person, but I'm pretty sure it isn't the toy forum.

P.S. I realize that I am also off topic, but I tried to keep it short (and sweet, to boot!) :lol:

Hi guys,

I thought I could get more value to this discussion!  B))

that makes perfect sense... I think the argument against it is "I want to spend as much money as possible, because it's MY money and I don't want it to be mine anymore!"

It still doesn't make any sense from any sort of realistic marketing standpoint. No offense to Crisp, but his points are a bit muddy.

How can you check eBay to get pricing info on a toy you haven't released?

What on Earth could the size of the box have to do with anything? If anything, we've only complained about Yamato's overly large boxes.

And by your own point at the end, you're really implying more that the middle agents (those selling to the US market are the ones who mark it up, not Yamato itself, as they cannot make the profit of selling overseas since they can't ship there.

And since there are more than a few competing vendors selling these import toys in this market, if one of them overprices then the others will take the sale. Competition. Market. Capitalism.

It's all very simple.

But those of you who really want to believe Yamato checks a foreign language website in areas they cannot legally export to to determine prices, feel free to go ahead and do it.

Just don't impose your beliefs on the rest of us. Continue being paranoid and odd on your own, please. ;)

It still doesn't make any sense from any sort of realistic marketing standpoint. No offense to Crisp, but his points are a bit muddy.

How can you check eBay to get pricing info on a toy you haven't released?

What on Earth could the size of the box have to do with anything? If anything, we've only complained about Yamato's overly large boxes.

And by your own point at the end, you're really implying more that the middle agents (those selling to the US market are the ones who mark it up, not Yamato itself, as they cannot make the profit of selling overseas since they can't ship there.

And since there are more than a few competing vendors selling these import toys in this market, if one of them overprices then the others will take the sale. Competition. Market. Capitalism.

It's all very simple.

But those of you who really want to believe Yamato checks a foreign language website in areas they cannot legally export to to determine prices, feel free to go ahead and do it.

Just don't impose your beliefs on the rest of us. Continue being paranoid and odd on your own, please. ;)

I'm sorry I imposed my opinion that I feel that "Crisp makes sense."

It is only polite that I should keep my opinions to myself, and you should be allowed to post yours.

it's just as easy for me to say, "I disagree with you because YOUR points are silly and idiotic... you can think naive thoughts, but do it alone... You are out of line posting your opinions here."

but in order to not be hypocritical, I would have to refrain from posting altogether, I couldn't even agree with anyone because (as you may have noticed) here I have posted that I agree with Crisp and Haterist... and you, who I have not adressed, tell me that I am somehow wrong for agreeing with anyone, because they disagree with you.

can you not see how THAT is imposing your opinion on others?

I won't sink to your level, you can post what you want. as I said earlier, we'll see if you get the $200 price tag most vocal MWers seem willing to pay. (just please don't pretend that I am somehow oppressing you, whereas you are innocent of the same offense)