VF-6 Monster pics on Yamatos website

bandit29

It still doesn't make any sense from any sort of realistic marketing standpoint. No offense to Crisp, but his points are a bit muddy.

1.-How can you check eBay to get pricing info on a toy you haven't released?

2.-What on Earth could the size of the box have to do with anything? If anything, we've only complained about Yamato's overly large boxes.

3.-And by your own point at the end, you're really implying more that the middle agents (those selling to the US market are the ones who mark it up, not Yamato itself, as they cannot make the profit of selling overseas since they can't ship there.

And since there are more than a few competing vendors selling these import toys in this market, if one of them overprices then the others will take the sale. Competition. Market. Capitalism.

It's all very simple.

But those of you who really want to believe Yamato checks a foreign language website in areas they cannot legally export to to determine prices, feel free to go ahead and do it.

Just don't impose your beliefs on the rest of us. Continue being paranoid and odd on your own, please.

1.- I think he was reffering to similar products by the same or different company which were being sold on Ebay (like what happens with all kind of electronics , toys , etc)

2.- The size of the box DOES affect the final cost , just look at the 1/48 shipping rates from some etailers.

3.- DOh !, does it really matter WHO is overpricing the toy ? at the end someone in the line is doing it and it´s us who will buy it.

4.- Who cares if Yamato looks at this site , we all agree THEY won´t do much if we talk about prices , BUT THE MIDDLE-AGENTs DO !!

It doesn´t matter who overprice the toy , what does matter is that someone along the line between Yamato factory and us is able to come to this site and use as a parameter for what´s the highest price they can put on the toy and MAYBE after that selling us the toy with discounts after which the toy ends up at the same price they should´ve started with but we think we´re paying less when they´re actually making a profit.

can you not see how THAT is imposing your opinion on others?

I believe that Blaine was referring to others putting huge statements in their signatures demanding that nobody discuss price. Further, it is those wanting others to remain silent about prices that seem to want to cast those discussing it as somehow "shafting" their fellow collectors. So, you can say that you're being oppressed somehow, but it sure seems like the opposite to me. I don't see anyone trying to shame you into silence. While those here espousing silence on prices have definitely tried to shame others into buying into some pretty fanciful reasoning.

In fact, Blaine made a quite polite, serious post with several good points. Having no real response, you're now just engaging in hyperbole and trying to claim the mantle of victim. Why not actually address what he said? He was reasonable, polite, even jocular, and he did not use any of the harsh words/tone you attribute to him while trying to paint yourself as somehow being personally attacked.

But, for the record, I don't want to get rid of any more of my money than is necessary. But I also don't think it behooves us to leave Yamato in the dark about the prices they could/should set for their toys. While I don't think they give a rat's ass about what we say about prices here on MW (considering they can't sell to us), has it not occured to anyone that, if we did have influence over their prices (which I doubt), and we refused to give them any information about what we would be willing to pay, they might just guess wrong and too high? Why do you assume that lack of information will cause them to price it lower? Further, couldn't a lack of people espousing their desire to pay what they consider a fair price for a toy in this fanciful marketing environment be interpreted by Yamato as a lack of interest in the toy altogether and actually jeapordize the release of the toy at all?

From now on, do you actually consider it feasible that a new toy will be announced and people will somehow not be tempted to ask how much we think it will cost? Are we to address every proposed toy with statements like: "Wow! That looks great! I wonder how much it will cost. . . but don't answer because Yamato might actually find such information useful."

This whole issue is silly. Free markets thrive on the free exchange of information between buyers and sellers. Starving a manufacturer of information (if it were even possible) will only result in upredictable and possibly counter-productive (from the consumer's standpoint) results.

If you think Yamato is going to see a few people posting high dollar figures here and immediately raise their product prices without considering how many people would be alienated by the higher price, you're just not giving Yamato enough credit.

But the silliest, and most distasteful thing about this entire debate is how some here seem to (have) want(ed) to restrict what can and can't be discussed here on MW based on unfounded (and in my opinion, dead-wrong) reasoning.

H

Edited by Hurin

i don't know....but what i do know is that i would pay 150,000 USD for a 1/1 Millia with perfect articulation and accurate anatomy. so when Yamato makes this product, everyone remember that Isamu Atreides kept you from getting that 1/1 Millia for 5 USD. :lol::p

I'm sorry I imposed my opinion that I feel that "Crisp makes sense."

Oops... I actually meant to quote Crisp's post directly, not yours - apologies if you thought I was adressing your post. I actually didn't mean to address you at all, Clay.

Either way, I never intended to turn this into some weird roundtable debate. If you guys think discussing prices on an internet board affects our costs, that's your right to think that. I've never tried to do anything but voice my disagreement.

Of course we're all entitled to our own opinions - let's all just not shove them down each other's throats. If someone discussing a price they would pay for something bothers, you - then deal with it and move along.

I think I've made my point pretty clearly as to my beliefs on this matter. I'll let the rest of you debate yourselves if that's what you choose to do.

some more good and valid points Dr Clay. B))

i can't seem to say this enough without dumbass bringing it up again and again...

this is a free country people so please feel free to post whatever you want....

oh, just as long as you don't disagree with anyone. ;)

Excuse me.......

Excuse me.......

Could someone tell me how to get back to the Yamato VB-6 thread..................... I appear to be lost.

<_<

Yamato is coming out with a VB-6??? How much is it gonna be? Man I would pay $200 for that!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

photo-151.jpg

i can't seem to say this enough without dumbass bringing it up again and again...

this is a free country people so please feel free to post whatever you want....

oh, just as long as you don't disagree with anyone.  ;)

Uh. . .

i can't seem to say this enough....

DO NOT DICUSS PRICES ON THE BOARDS!

if you want to discuss prices, please do it through PM's.

everyone else,

as far as pushing my buttons goes, hey go right ahead, its a free country.  B))  but when this toy get released for $200+, we'll all remember the a-holes that couldn't keep their mouths shut about the price, won't we.  :angry:

If you don't see anything wrong with making such odd demands, then calling people "a-holes" for not abiding by them. . . I'm not sure you can be helped.

As usual, you back away from your bizarre outbursts by just making light of them later after their absurdity and impropriety is pointed out to you.

H

Edited by Hurin

Excuse me.......

Excuse me.......

Could someone tell me how to get back to the Yamato VB-6 thread..................... I appear to be lost.

<_<

Yamato is coming out with a VB-6??? How much is it gonna be? Man I would pay $200 for that!!!

photo-151.jpg

Hurin,

how about this, since you got so much beef with me, why don't we meet up?

i'm CALLING YOU OUT, so you got 2 choices...

1. meet me like a real man and we'll get this squared away once and for all.

PM me with your home address, i got some vacation time coming up, so i'll take that time to come and visit you.

2. continue to hide behind your computer and prove to me and everyone else on MW that you're nothing but a little bee-otch.

so whats it gonna be?

until you pick one, i really don't have much more to say to you.

Excuse me.......

Excuse me.......

<_<

Ya so am I. I keep seeing these long windbag 10 paragraph posts about how right each one of them is. <_<

Hurin,

PM me with your home address, i got some vacation time coming up, so i'll take that time to come and visit you.

2. continue to hide behind your computer and prove to me and everyone else on MW that you're nothing but a little bee-otch.

so whats it gonna be?

Oh boy internet threats. In a toy forum based on a 20 year old franchise

no less.....um ya You are hiding behind your computer too ...like the rest of us

locked <_<

Excuse me.......

Excuse me.......

<_<

Ya so am I. I keep seeing these long windbag 10 paragraph posts about how right each one of them is. <_<

Can we please lose the endless squabble & get back to the real topic at hand?! Btw, good eye Graham, Timberwolf!!! I didn't even notice the missing 30mm anti-mecha cannon, mounted under the chest block until the pic was posted. How could Yamato miss that?

Excuse me.......

Excuse me.......

<_<

Yup after all that, I think I lost interest in the konig... there's no saving this thread... <_<

Excuse me.......

Excuse me.......

<_<

Can we please lose the endless squabble & get back to the real topic at hand?! Btw, good eye Graham, Timberwolf!!! I didn't even notice the missing 30mm anti-mecha cannon, mounted under the chest block until the pic was posted. How could Yamato miss that?

been trying to, but i keep getting harassed....sorry.

either way, its a prototype so nothing is for sure just yet. i'm just waiting to see the end product with all the bells and whistles it can handle. hopefully they'll get things "accurate" but even it they don't this is the only monster toy thats going to be released since the 80's....and i'm almost positive it'll better than the matchbox/takatoku versions.

Hurin,

so whats it gonna be?

That post actually made me laugh so hard I cried! Hollow internet threats from behind a computer are comedy platinum.

To actually take vacation time to go "mano-o-mano". HILARIOUS! Goddamn that was funny.

Anyway, back to the "lost topic":

I can't wait to see a painted final of the VB-6. The cannons do look a little nerfed, but maybe they haven't finalized it yet. I hope the box it comes in is a nice one as well. The GPB armor boxes seem to be a slight improvement considering Yamato's track record.

It would be great if somebody could make alternative boxes. Especially the designers of those awesome VB-6 Kit custom boxes in that other thread.

Hurin,

so whats it gonna be?

Sweet merciful crap. . . you just proved everything I have ever thought about you right there, succinctly in one tiny post. Are you f'ing kidding me?!? Weren't you the one just telling me that I need to get a life? This is just the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Look, I've finally figured you out. I was wrong before. I thought you were flying off the handle and trashing other members and then doing penance with your kinder acts because you want to be some type of community leader around here. Now I realize that even your paranoid rants against other members here are also intended to make you look like a you're some type of "champion of the community."

You freak out and suddenly portray MWers doing nothing wrong and acting completely normal (guessing at how much a toy will cost or recommending toy sellers) to be some type of villains, then paint yourself as some savior who is protecting us all from being "shafted" by these nefarious scoundrels.

Now you're challenging me to a fight (or worse?). How utterly moronic is that? I just quoted what you have said back to you and pointed out the contradiction in what you have said and what you are now saying. Apparently, rather than address it, you think somehow fighting (or shooting?!?) me will somehow settle the issue. What are you? Seven?

Dude, you've lost it. You're nutso. Sorry if that is a "personal attack" everyone, but when someone goes this far, I think it's pretty apparent.

H

it almost got back on topic guys. :rolleyes:

you're right hurin....as usual. now can you stop, and let the topic at hand be the discussion here? thanks.

Yeah. I'll shut up now. I'm hoping this is over too.

H

If someone made a model of you, and they forgot YOUR "pea shooter", you'd be pretty damn upset too :lol:

:lol: o my, lol that's too much. I'm guessing they left it out on purpose, because a tiny stick of plastic like that would just be begging to be broken off in mid-transformation. But hey it's a prototype so we might see it yet.

very nice, can't wait for it to come out. Not wild about the Battroid mode, find it unnecessary really, would rather just see a dual mode verion with a better looking Gerwalk/Destroid mode. very nice overall though.

Definitely at the very top of my "must have" list.

Yamato is looking to sell hundreds if not thousands of the VB-6, and I doubt their pricing will have anything to do with the amount that this redneck from Texas is willing/able to pay. ;)

The drama that occurs over assumptions is amazing, and we all know what happens when we assume. Until Yamato posts that they base their prices on what "Minmay on Crack" posts, I won't worry about it. <_<

All of the modes look good to me, and I'll be looking forward to comparing the Yamato version to the upcoming Valkyrie IHP VB-6 recast. I would imagine that they will be quite similar.

Gorgeous!!!

If that's the actual detail, it's not bad. Not supposed to be flashy really I think, it's designed simply to kick ass. A big green war machine.

Hopefully it'll come with some useful stickers, if not I'm sure Takatoys or someone will hook us up. :)

Tampo printing of some markings is too much to expect anymore unfortunately.

The sculpt at least I'm very happy with.

If anything, it could use some low-vis style weathering on the barrels, but that's about it. I like it.

Looking at the GBP next ot it it looks about 1/60 VF-1 height in gerwalk.

On a side note, the VF-0 still looks exactly the same. Looks like it's the final. <_< Still no leg FP armor and no missles. I'm doubtful now that those will materialize.

Edited by Anubis

Gorgeous!!!

If that's the actual detail, it's not bad. Not supposed to be flashy really I think, it's designed simply to kick ass. A big green war machine.

Hopefully it'll come with some useful stickers, if not I'm sure Takatoys or someone will hook us up. :)

Tampo printing of some markings is too much to expect anymore unfortunately.

The sculpt at least I'm very happy with.

If anything, it could use some low-vis style weathering on the barrels, but that's about it. I like it.

Looking at the GBP next ot it it looks about 1/60 VF-1 height in gerwalk.

On a side note, the VF-0 still looks exactly the same. Looks like it's the final. <_< Still no leg FP armor and no missles. I'm doubtful now that those will materialize.

Good thing you mentioned it's decals!!! I really do hope Takatoys or someone will hook us up with that, knowing Yamato's reputation when it comes to it's decals. <_<