Macross Zero

Oihan

Just got done watching the subbed version.....I really liked it, but it seemed rather shorter than the other ones.....does anyone know the running time in comparison to the other eps?

I have to agree that Roy getting shot down and his VF-0S getting trashed does rather nicely line him up for his VF-1S....

I really dont know what happened to Edgar....it would be nice to have that story element rapped up one way or another....but we did see that he did parachute out....and we didnt see him captured with the others.

I am eagerly anticipating the next ep...it says that it does come out Spring 2004

Twich

does anyone know the running time in comparison to the other eps?

Twich

Based on the ANBU/ANIMEONE version's run times (and MB size)

Episode 1 - 30:21 (224MB)

Episode 2 - 32:33 (343MB)

Episode 3 - 31:13 (340MB)

Episode 4 - 31:21 (234MB)

* - my Episodes 1 and 4 might NOT have 5.1 Audio.

Edited by UN Spacy

I just saw the subbed version. ...For some reason I feel like there's still a lot to be explained...and with each episode being about 30 mins long, I'm not sure how they'll wrap everything up. It seems like there's an awful lot to wrap up. ...I think they should say "F making 5 episodes, lets make 6 insetad!" More detail/depth = $$$

I wasn't too surprised that DD was Roy's instructor at one pt in time.... I still don't see how they could possibly wrap everything up in the last 30 min episode...unless it were 45 to 60 min episode? o.O Bah...I can't wait for the next episode!

I wasn't too surprised that DD was Roy's instructor at one pt in time.... I still don't see how they could possibly wrap everything up in the last 30 min episode...unless it were 45 to 60 min episode? o.O Bah...I can't wait for the next episode!

I thought it was established since episode 2 that DD is Roy's Instructor. <_<

Hmmm...not really. I'm quite sure everything can be cleared up by the next episode. What else do we really need to know? What is the APHOS-1? How is Mao and Sara connected to it? (they are probably descendants of Rooy Kanu) How does Roy take on DD and save the day? (VF-1....w00ts!!) And lastly, what happens to all the characters by the end of Macross Zero 5 and how it ties in with SDF Macross.

I'm quite sure they can manage those. But don't expect too much. I think they're gonna leave out some stuff for viewers to make their own guesses.

I'm quite sure they can manage those. But don't expect too much. I think they're gonna leave out some stuff for viewers to make their own guesses.

Me thinks the Hory Froating Head will release Macross Zero: Movie Edition sometime in the distant future. :D

I wouldn't expect Mao or Sara to pop up on South Ataria. Hell, they may be the ones to die (not Edgar) for all we know. Although when you take into consideration that the only other known Protoculture relic had a barrier shield protecting it (Ruins on Lux), the same may happen for Maya....

Based on the ANBU/ANIMEONE version's run times (and MB size)

Episode 1 - 30:21 (224MB)

Episode 2 - 32:33 (343MB)

Episode 3 - 31:13 (340MB)

Episode 4 - 31:21 (234MB)

* - my Episodes 1 and 4 might NOT have 5.1 Audio.

but mine do :)

(but had to demux/rebuild each one from 2 other files for that)

-------

as for ep 5: notice the title (Bird Human) :)

I think the bird human will awaken and start it's song of destruction (as said in ep 4)

so maybe Roy + DD + Nora + Shin would have to team up in order to stop it.

Well that version is not what most people here expect to see, but it would fit in nicely with the original's / Macross7's statements.

Heh, even in the mostly loved DYRL and M+ the previous enemies team up at the end (Isamu+Guld , SDF1 + Zentran fleet).

so after all my suspicion get stronger, that the bird human IS a protodeviln type creature, and the 4 'aces' have to stop it (with a lot of spiritual help from Sarah + Mao (maybe even some technology from Prof. Hasford))

Edited by MAXXxxx

I wasn't too surprised that DD was Roy's instructor at one pt in time....  I still don't see how they could possibly wrap everything up in the last 30 min episode...unless it were 45 to 60 min episode? o.O  Bah...I can't wait for the next episode!

I thought it was established since episode 2 that DD is Roy's Instructor. <_<

Hmmm...not really. I'm quite sure everything can be cleared up by the next episode. What else do we really need to know? What is the APHOS-1? How is Mao and Sara connected to it? (they are probably descendants of Rooy Kanu) How does Roy take on DD and save the day? (VF-1....w00ts!!) And lastly, what happens to all the characters by the end of Macross Zero 5 and how it ties in with SDF Macross.

I don't remember either of the characters coming straight out stating that DD is/was Roy's instructor though. :p

I don't remember either of the characters coming straight out stating that DD is/was Roy's instructor though. :p

Capped from the ANBU/ANIMEONE version of Episode 2. It's the first mention of their Master/Apprentice relationship (much like the Dark Sith Lords).

post-2-1086516747_thumb.jpg

Capped from the ANBU/ANIMEONE version of Episode 2. It's the first mention of their Master/Apprentice relationship (much like the Dark Sith Lords).

And they have many things in common. Like their womanising..... :lol:

Ar... I just finished the subbed version of ep4.

The video quality is not bad, and the translation is pretty good.

I feel a bit disappointed by this ep.

We don't get to show enough valkyire fightings.

The birdman is waking up, the UN won't have time

to resupply Asuka before everything blows up.

I guess we'll stuck with VF-0.

It would be cool that every characters except Roy just

die or got raptured by proto-culture at the end of ep5.

Otherwise I couldn't think how M0 can tie with the original SDF.

Even Shin and Sara (probably with Mao) have a happy ending in

M0, I couldn't help thinking in a few years time,

they will all die with the rest of the earth in space war 1.

I am one of those that think its hard to wrap everything up easily in 30 more mins.

This ep did not have enough mecha! Too much natives dancing around the fire!!!

The mecha in Macross has always been secondary. That's the beauty of it. ;)

Macross always centers around "Love". The mecha are all backseat props.

Just watched it. No choppy-ness whatever... and the translation was pretty good this time around... no awkward grammar or wording this time around.

I wasn't disappointed by the "lack of action"... since the first ten minutes was almost all action... and then the rest of the episode was dedicated to character development which I thought Mac0 could've used more of until now.

I love the cliff-hanger too... simple but yet effective... hate to wait another 6 months for the last episode!

[spoilers]

I also love how at the start, Roy is pestering the fuel-tanker pilot to give him his gunpod in the middle of refueling, and then Roy stating you will die sooner if you lived by rules... only to have the fuel tanker promptly get blown up by Ivanov :D

Oh and Roy sudden appearing to blow the two Octos up and save Shinn and Sara was classic, and sweet.

[End-Spoilers]

The art is absolutely astounding, they have really got the mixing-CG-with-hand-drawn-cells down... very seamless and all, watching the first episode again, you can tell how far they've come in the last year and a half.

[Mini-Spoiler]

I have a question, when Roy throws his Zero into a dive to retrieve his gunpod, why does the Zero's wing sweep out right as he's going into the dive? Wouldn't it close up so it can dive faster?

Just watched it. No choppy-ness whatever... and the translation was pretty good this time around... no awkward grammar or wording this time around.

I wasn't disappointed by the "lack of action"... since the first ten minutes was almost all action... and then the rest of the episode was dedicated to character development which I thought Mac0 could've used more of until now.

I love the cliff-hanger too... simple but yet effective... hate to wait another 6 months for the last episode!

[spoilers]

I also love how at the start, Roy is pestering the fuel-tanker pilot to give him his gunpod in the middle of refueling, and then Roy stating you will die sooner if you lived by rules... only to have the fuel tanker promptly get blown up by Ivanov :D

Oh and Roy sudden appearing to blow the two Octos up and save Shinn and Sara was classic, and sweet.

[End-Spoilers]

The art is absolutely astounding, they have really got the mixing-CG-with-hand-drawn-cells down... very seamless and all, watching the first episode again, you can tell how far they've come in the last year and a half.

[Mini-Spoiler]

I have a question, when Roy throws his Zero into a dive to retrieve his gunpod, why does the Zero's wing sweep out right as he's going into the dive? Wouldn't it close up so it can dive faster?

If you guys noticed, one of Roy's shots from his head lasers actually hit a missle as its being launched from the 2nd Octos.... heh..... just reminds what was said about "Luck is a part of skill' lol~!

And yes, that was the question that came into my mind: Shouldn't the VF-0 "close" its wings in order to help it dive faster??

How about these observations...

The traitor with the scar across his nose from VF-X2 is spotted working with Nora and the anti-UN soldiers.

Could Basara be the son of Shin and Sarah inherriting the song energy.

Ray from Firebomber a Mayan? Mao did say in episode 1 that most of the people had moved to the city or joined the military. It would explain his headband!

I have some subs almost finished if anyone would like a copy let me know!

The traitor with the scar across his nose from VF-X2 is spotted working with Nora and the anti-UN soldiers.

Ray from Firebomber a Mayan? Mao did say in episode 1 that most of the people had moved to the city or joined the military. It would explain his headband!

yeah but you gotta remember 0 takes place in what 2008 M7/VFX-2 take place 2045-2050...

Hmmm, just finished watching it. Seeing as how ep 4 didnt progress the story much, I fully expect a typical open ended anime ending. I don't think a lot of the questions will be answered at all. Well that's fine with me as long as there's a big battle at the end. Well whatever happens, happens.

so after all my suspicion get stronger, that the bird human IS a protodeviln type creature, and the 4 'aces' have to stop it (with a lot of spiritual help from Sarah + Mao (maybe even some technology from Prof. Hasford))

Why would it have chopped it's own head off and betray the order it was given to sing the song of destruction from before and Roy's mate emerge from it? Also the Protodevlin couldn't be controlled and was the main reason the protoculture went extinct right?

And yes, that was the question that came into my mind: Shouldn't the VF-0 "close" its wings in order to help it dive faster??

Falling debris from such heights would be like a falling sheet of paper. If you have ever tried to catch one you'll understand this better. There's no aerodynamics to it so it flops which ever way the air catches the most pertruding side at the time. With the wings back you can go faster but less manuverability. To catch something that will flop around like that you need that more than speed IMO.

Anyone else reminded of SDF:Macross as Sara fell from the flying rock! Tribute or is Hikaru imitation at best! ;)

Do you mean Gilliam? If so he'd have to be pretty young there, as VFX-2 takes place over 40 years later. Do you have a picture of him?

You never know, though Shin & Sara would have to live another 15-20 years in order to have him (Basara is around 21 at the time of Macross 7)

That could very well be, an interesting thought.

How about some screen captures? Those are always fun.

Edited by Keith

I didn't see that subbed version. :p As for the other copies...I must have a memory problem or something to not remember that.....

Edited by Oihan

Do you mean Gilliam? If so he'd have to be pretty young there, as VFX-2 takes place over 40 years later. Do you have a picture of him?

Just to add, Gilliam was not a traitor.

Graham

Yeah, what was the deal with Gilliam again? He defected over to the anti-UN because the UN were corrupt or something... I can't remember any of that, can anyone summarise the VF-X2 plot?

A friend pointed out an interesting thing. Roy apparently was never shot down once and he prided in it in SDF-1. Even after he died (in Pineapple Salad i think), Claudia mentioned how he always bragged never being shot down and shot down how many planes during the unification war......

And here he was shot down by Ivanov. Roy's ego playing out here? :lol:

A friend pointed out an interesting thing. Roy apparently was never shot down once and he prided in it in SDF-1. Even after he died (in Pineapple Salad i think), Claudia mentioned how he always bragged never being shot down and shot down how many planes during the unification war......

And here he was shot down by Ivanov. Roy's ego playing out here? :lol:

Maybe, but how else is Roy going to get his VF-1S then? ;)

Just watched Ep 4 and did not like it :(

The story gets even more complicated.

Ep 1 was excellent, lots of action scenes. Ep 2: good action scenes (dog fights too fast for my taste) a bit of nudity :rolleyes: Ep 3: less action scenes, plot starts to get complicated.

Ep 4: almost no action scenes, I got lost on the story :angry:

I just don't like how Sara has these weird powers of making things fly and how Macross Zero has become a weird prequel of Macross. At first I thought we were going to see how the SDF-1 was rebuilt, the story behind the vf-0, and a more interesting plot that connects to the original macross series. But none of this is in Macross Zero.

Macross Zero is becoming a good prequel of Macross II lovers again :(