That's one big Focker!

So I was admiring my new CM's Macross Roy Figure, and it seemed strange to me that he towered over the Misa figure.

Until I looked it up on the Macross Compendium, and according to that site, Roy is 216cm which equals 7'1" :blink:

At that height, he is taller than half zentraedi guld who at 195 cm comes in at a puny 6'5".

WOW, big dude, and would never fit into any fighter cockpit I have ever seen, I guess the VF-1 is roomy! :lol:

Good thing VF's have a lot of room. :lol: He'd never fit in an F-16.

A tall stature befitting as cool a character as him. Guess the height of the CM figure isn't off at all then. He towers over everyone.

Good thing VF's have a lot of room. :lol: He'd never fit in an F-16.

A tall stature befitting as cool a character as him. Guess the height of the CM figure isn't off at all then. He towers over everyone.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if they do Guld or Isamu in Series 3 since Guld is tall as well, and Isamu is a beanpole, but barely breaks 6' at 183cm.

Wow, I didn't know he was that tall. I always figured he was 6'4", Hikaru was a avg 5'10" and Misa was like 5'4". And I would have thought Guld to be the one at 7'. :huh: But Roy is larger than life... :p

yeah, that would pretty much disqualify him from any fighter pilot program here in real life I would imagine (MAYBE he'd fit in an F-14.... anything smaller I couldn't say... I've sat in the cockpit of an F/A-18, but the canopy was not down... but it seems like 6-8 or so would be the limit..)

Ahh, what the hell, here they all are, according to the compendium.

SDF Macross / DYRL

Focker - 216 cm

Hikaru - 175 cm

Misa - 168 cm

Max - 181 cm

Kakizaki - 207 cm

Claudia - 182 cm

Minmay - 158 cm

Kaifun - 182 cm

Shammy - 155 cm

Vanessa - 167 cm

Kim - 164 cm

Global - 194 cm

Macross Plus

Isamu - 183 cm

Guld - 195 cm

Myung - 170 cm

Macross Zero

Shin - 168 cm

Edgar - 178 cm

Now here's the wierd thing....according to the compendium, Focker was 190 cm at the time of Macross Zero (2009) and 216 cm by the time of SWW1?

So he grew from 6'2" to 7'1" inside of three years :blink: . And at the time of Zero he's 26 so well beyond the old puberty growth spurt. WTF? Maybe he comes into contact with some raw zentraedi genes in ep 4 or 5 of Zero. Guess we'll wait and see....

Damn, Kakizaki was bigger than Guld, too. :blink:

And global was 1 cm shorter.

well as people seem to be getting taller with each generation, maybe back in '82 the producers imagined average height for males in 2009 or so to have gone well over 6 foot...I guess in 2009 most basketball players are like 9 feet tall!

Look at Hayao's height :D

207cm for a Japanese is pretty uncommon....the height average for the comtemplary japanese man is 175~185cm. I guess they just wanna make the characters look big inside the cockpits.

no it isn't.

average japense male is 170 cm.

Look at Hayao's height :D

207cm for a Japanese is pretty uncommon....the height average for the comtemplary japanese man is 175~185cm. I guess they just wanna make the characters look big inside the cockpits.

Pretty uncommon???

I lived in Japan from 90-92, and I can tell you honestly that In that entire time, I only saw ONE Japanese guy that was taller than I am. I am 5'11", and this dude was HUGE, easily 6'4" or better, and trust me, he stuck out like a sore tumb.

Ali Sama's got it right, but I think that 170 cm might be pushing the upper limits of the average male height in Japan.

So, Kakizaki would be some sort of mutant by Japanese standards, hell, had he survived SWW1, he may have had a promising career as a Sumo wrestler. According to the compendium, he tipped the scales at a whopping 140 kg, that's 309 lbs!! NO WAY IN HELL his fat ass would fit in a fighter cockpit. :lol:

Look at Hayao's height  :D

207cm for a Japanese is pretty uncommon....the height average for the comtemplary japanese man is 175~185cm.  I guess they just wanna make the characters look big inside the cockpits.

Pretty uncommon???

I lived in Japan from 90-92, and I can tell you honestly that In that entire time, I only saw ONE Japanese guy that was taller than I am. I am 5'11", and this dude was HUGE, easily 6'4" or better, and trust me, he stuck out like a sore tumb.

Ali Sama's got it right, but I think that 170 cm might be pushing the upper limits of the average male height in Japan.

So, Kakizaki would be some sort of mutant by Japanese standards, hell, had he survived SWW1, he may have had a promising career as a Sumo wrestler. According to the compendium, he tipped the scales at a whopping 140 kg, that's 309 lbs!! NO WAY IN HELL his fat ass would fit in a fighter cockpit. :lol:

i'm 5 foot 8 .5 and i tower over msot japanese males.

Look at Hayao's height  :D

207cm for a Japanese is pretty uncommon....the height average for the comtemplary japanese man is 175~185cm.  I guess they just wanna make the characters look big inside the cockpits.

Pretty uncommon???

That would probably explain why he died in the Barrier Shield Implosion.

Too fat to run.

We all know that many Macross characters have at least a foot of hair.

I'm most impressed by the way they never get 'hat hair' after wearing their flight helmets. The wonders of OTM hairspray I guess  :D

Graham

I suspect that the flight helmets have a built in 'Perm' function.

They must be like those big beehive hairdryers that they have in salons these days.... :lol:

Any one else notice that the 3 tallest guys were the ones that died?

Roy, Kakizaki, Guld.

If Global was a pilot, he'd be next.

I've worked with a few Japanese guys in my line of work. When I say Japanese I mean 100%, work visas and all. None of them were shorter than me....I'm 5'8". In fact, one of them was probably about 5'10". I somehow doubt that all you guys "towered" over the entire Japanese population. Of course, they theorize that the younger generation of Japanese are taller than the previous due to the introduction of Western-style diets.

It's gonna be harder to find a Japanese guy in his 20's hovering anywhere under 5'7". Years ago it was the majority. Not anymore. What's really strange is that these taller Japanese males are actually weaker than their shorter fathers. Here's a quick link on the subject:

http://quickstart.clari.net/qs_se/webnews/...l.RjkQ_DOA.html

I've worked with a few Japanese guys in my line of work. When I say Japanese I mean 100%, work visas and all. None of them were shorter than me....I'm 5'8". In fact, one of them was probably about 5'10". I somehow doubt that all you guys "towered" over the entire Japanese population. Of course, they theorize that the younger generation of Japanese are taller than the previous due to the introduction of Western-style diets.

It's gonna be harder to find a Japanese guy in his 20's hovering anywhere under 5'7". Years ago it was the majority. Not anymore. What's really strange is that these taller Japanese males are actually weaker than their shorter fathers. Here's a quick link on the subject:

http://quickstart.clari.net/qs_se/webnews/...l.RjkQ_DOA.html

Well, when I was in Japan it was 1990-1992, and I indeed towered over everyone there. I'm not BS'ing when I say that I only met one person there in that time that was taller than I am at 5'11" and that dude was at least 6'4".

But this was 14 years ago, so the generational thing may well apply.

I've worked with a few Japanese guys in my line of work. When I say Japanese I mean 100%, work visas and all. None of them were shorter than me....I'm 5'8". In fact, one of them was probably about 5'10".

Worked for SNK when it was still around out here in Cali, and of the native/mostly-native Japanese men that worked there, 3 of the 6 were about 6 feet or taller. Then again, these were the CEO, the Producer, and the Engineering Lead, soo their height might've contributed in some way in their getting their positions.

I still loomed a few inches above most everyone during a trip to Japan a few years back (being 6' 2"), but it wasn't like they were midgets. Was actually surprised by the number of relatively tall women in Tokyo, but then again, tall, lanky, model types tend to gravitate to the cosmo-urban places.

-Al

Worked for SNK when it was still around out here in Cali,

You worked for SNK?! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

hail.gif

Anyways, given how much larger Roy and Kakizaki are, I'm surprised no one's complaining that Roy's 1/48 pilot figure is the same size as Hikaru and Max's. :p:lol:

Edited by TheLoneWolf