What The...

eriku

Could this be a Masterpiece Starscream?

MP Prime Retooled?

All I can say is :o , :huh: and B))

oth001239_b.jpg

thats no MP Prime, its a much simpler design so im guessing its much smaller, especially if its gonna be marketed along with repainted cyberjets, look at the inner thighs and just look at his truck mode, nowhere near as good as MP Prime

Could this be a Masterpiece Starscream?

MP Prime Retooled? 

All I can say is  :o ,  :huh:  and  B))

oth001239_b.jpg

thats no MP Prime, its a much simpler design so im guessing its much smaller, especially if its gonna be marketed along with repainted cyberjets, look at the inner thighs and just look at his truck mode, nowhere near as good as MP Prime

Probably being made to offer a cheaper alternative to those who couldn't afford MP. I'll be nabbing that Starscream for sure, I also like the mirage they are making.

I'll be getting the Prime for sure. I always thought it would be cool to have a smaller scale MP Prime. I hope Takara has enough foresight to make it compatable with G1 Prime's trailer! B))

Can't wait to see more on Starscream. No matter the scale it looks pretty damn good so far.

Edited by eriku

If they're gonna be as cheap as the Transformers Universe line then I'll probably pick up Convoy and Starscream. Now if they'd only get started on a new set of Dinobots I'll really be good to go.

I want that Prime. I'm wondering if that picture is either a preproduction model, or improperly transformed. Still, it ain't bad for the price. The big MP Prime looks a wreck in truck mode, for something that costs that much.

Might have to get Starscream, too.

It looks like lower grade MP prime...and it should look like that. The front tires are not hidden (its on the thighs) and transformation is simpler.

Starscream is cool. I always hoped for binaltech seekers. (those 3 planes...starscream, etc)

Ya know, it may be too early to say this, but something about all the pics bothered me. If you guys look closer, the parts of Prime in truck mode are not snugly fitted, Starscream's right arm is not there. I hope this will not turn out like the Banpresto VF1 crap - sleek sculpts, perfect transformation with good articulation, a good package that is ultimately ruined by lousy loose fittings of the ball joints and uneven, moldy panel lines on cheapy plastic.

I hope I'm wrong one this though.

Edited by Beware of Blast

If they're gonna be as cheap as the Transformers Universe line then I'll probably pick up Convoy and Starscream. Now if they'd only get started on a new set of Dinobots I'll really be good to go.

convoy?? it;s optimus prime!!!

Um, he may be Prime now, but he started as Convoy in Japan. Without Convoy, Optimus Prime in Tranformers could be the fruity VW with horns. :ph34r::lol:

Ya know, it may be too early to say this, but something about all the pics bothered me. If you guys look closer, the parts of Prime in truck mode are not snugly fitted, Starscream's right arm is not there. I hope this will not turn out like the Banpresto VF1 crap - sleek sculpts, perfect transformation with good articulation, a good package that is ultimately ruined by lousy loose fittings of the ball joints and uneven, moldy panel lines on cheapy plastic.

I hope I'm wrong one this though.

I wouldn't worry, BoB. These are probably just protoype shots anyway. And besides, without lots of big and detailed pics it's hard to say what the quality will be like. I would guess the quality to be pretty high though, it's Takara and they seem to treat the TFs pretty well. Even the Worlds Smallest line has a much higher quality feel than something like Banpresto. :)

::edit::

Starscream's right arm is there, his fist is just raised in a pose.

Edited by eriku

I wasn't so worried about Prime's wheel on his hip as I was the loose fit between his cab and frame in truck mode. Either way, Plan to get him, I'm just looking forward to the better larger pictures that will show up in the coming weeks/months.

I seriously doubt that these will have the same poor joint problems that plague the Banpresto VFs. If they do, I hope they're as easy to fix as the Banies.

StarScream looks pretty good. I'll definitely be getting one MasterPiece or not. Smaller Prime/Convoy on the other hand, I will skip since I've pretty much had my Prime fix with the MPC.

Starscream looks very nice, but I'm not enough of a transfan to pick him up unless he's cheap.

Now, bring on MP Megatron, and we'll talk!

Bam! Exactly what he said.

We need to quit doing that, MM... it's a bit scary. :lol:

Starscream looks very nice, but I'm not enough of a transfan to pick him up unless he's cheap.

Now, bring on MP Megatron, and we'll talk!

Bam! Exactly what he said.

We need to quit doing that, MM... it's a bit scary. :lol:

Yeah, anymore of this, and we'll have to start comparing times when our respective parents may have been travelling between states... :lol:

I think the ActionHQ price for Starscream and Prime is $20. The cyber jet and Beast Wars basics repaints were $15, I think. This leads me to believe that SS and Prime are maybe the same size as the US deluxes (the ones that sell for around $10). In the group picture that is in ActionHQ's news SS and Prime look a little larger than the BW basics & cyber jets which would be about right for deluxe sized.

I think the ActionHQ price for Starscream and Prime is $20. The cyber jet and Beast Wars basics repaints were $15, I think. This leads me to believe that SS and Prime are maybe the same size as the US deluxes (the ones that sell for around $10). In the group picture that is in ActionHQ's news SS and Prime look a little larger than the BW basics & cyber jets which would be about right for deluxe sized.

Yeah, what he said.

It think aside from Prime and Starscream the only other one worth getting is Mirage as he actually looks like the G1 version.

convoy?? it;s optimus prime!!!

Um, he may be Prime now, but he started as Convoy in Japan. Without Convoy, Optimus Prime in Tranformers could be the fruity VW with horns. :ph34r::lol:

trasnformers is an american cartoon. the rOriginal prime toy was called convoy, besdies optimus prime is much better. the first and the greatest vs truck. which would you rather have your name mean?

I don't get why people assume this line will be cheaply made crap. It's Takara, they usually treat TF lines pretty well. My take on this line is that it's just Takara's version of Hasbro's Universe line. The main difference is that this line seems to be a lot more interesting and has a lot better choices with better paint schemes.

Why do so many people always assume the worst? To avoid disappointment?

Edited by eriku